It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Home From Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
For me and my Family the War ended when my son made it home from Iraq back in March of this year..

He is now attending college. He doesn't consider himself a hero or any other such BS.

I'm just grateful he is safe and in one piece.

I have two Nephews who are in the Stan though so...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe people are waking up that they were fooled by the Bush Administration into yet another war - the senseless mass murdering of millions of yet more fellow human beings.

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW's in Vietnam"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action!” - Albert Einstein

People are so easily manipulated into hate and war....................we went over there, no they did not come over here - if one does 10 years of research, read the number of books I have and looked at the film footage - 911 was a orchestrated false flag event perpetrated upon the American People to manipulate them yet to go along with another war.

911 if not actually committed by one of our alphabet agencies was arranged and paid for by our own government.

War itself is terrorism on a bigger budget.

It was all about the oil, the artifacts (research that one) and Bush Jr getting even and settling a vendetta for Father Bush.

There is no honor in invading another country, there is no honor in killing another fellow human being, there is no honor in fighting for the elite that play the 99% off against each other.

Maybe, just maybe more people have woken up to the fact that the war in Iraq was wrong on so many levels.

Maybe people are finally becoming tired of war.

Why after all these years can't our government bring itself to tell us the truth about Iraq?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

I don't know about you, but I'm a little tired of being treated like a mushroom by my government. You know... kept in the dark and fed fertilizer.

President Obama is hailing the end of the Iraq war as though the enemy had signed the terms of surrender on the deck of the U.S.S. Missouri. What hogwash.

This is the same war Obama referred to as dumb nine years ago, but now it's "Hail to the Chief," marching bands and rah-rah-rah. Look what we did.

What we did was invade a country that had done nothing to us, killed hundreds of thousands of their people as well as thousands of our own, bankrupted the Treasury in the process - all in the search for weapons of mass destruction that a cynic might suggest we knew didn't exist in the first place.

The Iraqi government told us a few months ago to get the hell out of their country. That's why we're leaving. We're being kicked out. Nothing noble about that.

Before we were told to take a hike though, we built the largest embassy in the world along with more than 500 military bases at the height of the war. All at taxpayers' expense.

We had every intention of occupying. We had no intention of going anywhere. See there's all that oil over there.

As it is, we will leave behind some 17,000 people at that embassy compound. Yes, some will be members of the diplomatic corps, but there will also be contractors and intel folks who can keep an eye on things. Just in case those weapons of mass destruction turn up. Or Iran tries to fill the power vacuum, which it will.

What garbage. And the government has the gall to paint this as some sort of military triumph.

This isn't the end of anything. It's the beginning of a long-term occupation not unlike Japan and Korea and Germany.

Here’s my question to you: Why after all these years can't our government bring itself to tell us the truth about Iraq?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Kendra in Alabama:
If the Obama administration admits that the Iraq War was a mistake, they'll have to answer for the three extra years our troops have been there. Also, let's be honest, he will do and say anything to make himself look good for re-election.

B.J. in Illinois:
They are good liars, good liars stay with the lie. Question: Why do they have so many secrets? It's supposed to be an open society.

Ed in Texas:
Stay alert, Jack. The same Neo-Cons who sold the war in Iraq are hard a work on their next project: a war with Iran.

Bonnie in New Jersey:
Seriously Jack, did you use the words truth and government in the same sentence? Whether it be Iraq, bailouts, how many are really unemployed, "job creators", etc., they think we are a bunch of blithering idiots who believe anything they tell us. It's like being married to an unfaithful spouse: if I don't get caught, it didn't happen!

Richard in Texas:
What is our government going to say? Whoops??? Sorry? Mission accomplished 9 years later? How did invading Iraq make America a safer place to live? What economic benefit was this war to America?

Bob:
Very simply put, Jack: the truth hurts. The first thing we did after invading Iraq was to protect the oil fields. As we depart, we continue that pursuit by protecting the oil fields in Southern Iraq. It always has been and always will be about the oil.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am very happy that it is over..But I guess my lack of emotion stems from the fact that... Well...here we are... So many politicians are gearing up and pushing for war with Iran and it just feels like... The end of the first chapter, you know?

The war in Iraq, I grew tired of it. An unjust war, people dying needlessly. People were lied to and I find it a slap in the face to the soldiers who did fight, that they were even lied to about the reasons they were being sent to war. But I am thankful for each and every soldier, who put their life on the line. I am amazed by and proud of each one.

But, the possibility and likelihood of a new war gearing up, that is equally unjustified, using the same fear mongering and scare tactics ( Oh Iran, might get a nuke...Be afraid!) It just... I have trouble getting excited.

Like I said, it does not feel like the end of a book. It just feels like the beginning of the next chapter...

I am glad we are leaving Iraq. It just makes me sad to think of what comes next.
edit on 16-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for your reply, I understand what you're saying and I agree mostly I just have a hard time accepting coldness towards those that actually go out on the frontline and fight these wars. Be angry or disenfranchised with our government, not our soldiers and if we're angry imagine how our vets feel.

And let's not forget our "enemies" too. I can't believe how complacent we are. Why aren't we outraged? Why do we let our government poop all over humanity?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You are welcome. Yes, that is who I am angry at. Our government and politicians. Not the soldiers.Like I said, I am thankful for all they did and amazed by their sacrifice. I am proud of each and every soldier.

I consider it a slap in the face of our soldiers that our government lied to them about why they were fighting, that they had to figure it out for themselves.... It's as if the government did not think that they were worth telling the truth to...That makes me very angry at our government.

I am so happy that our troops are coming home...It saddens me that they might get sent out again, when it is not needed. Our soldiers are so much more valuable than what the government seems to think

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I know your looking to get out, and first you feel nothing, then you feel a little relief... then you try to settle back into this Micky Mouse Mind-controlled society that you know is not real, and the longer your in it the more painfully you feel it. Then you miss the service... I wish I'd never gotten out.

Your always feel wrong... off kilter. Going to walmart is a nightmare, along with any other crowded place. You never feel present, even when your with those you love most. You either turn inward or outward with the rage that builds up and you hate yourself for surviving. You don't realize that's what it is at first.... often your relationships and jobs fall apart, you end up with a woman who treats you badly and only much later do you realize its happening and its really because you hate yourself and want to punish yourself for what you've done, what you didn't do and for even being alive.

You can't focus, your memory is gone... even if you have the money to do something you can't seem to get the energy or emotion to do it. All the things that you used to enjoy seem distant, remote... you wonder why you even do it. You don't sleep and another morning dawns and and you feel so much anger at not being able to sleep or feel or.... you don't' know what... you lash out and hit the walls, at least that pain is real, its in the moment.

Many of us end up killing ourselves, or in the mental health system.... if you only have the va it is 20 minutes every 90 days and there is no help to be found there so you feel even more alone and hopeless.

And they wonder why a vet kills themselves every 80 minutes.?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm glad your son is home safe and I hope the same proves true for your nephews.
I see what you're saying but as usual I disagree with you lol. Maybe a parade is overly much but indifference just seems horrible. I feel indebted to soldiers even though I did not support the Iraq War or any war.

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe we aren't celebrating because we are seeing the truth of war, still even then I think we should seperate our soldiers from the orders they are given and support them anyway we can and never let them think that we don't care.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Like I inferred previously, I agree to an extent...indifference seems horrible though.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I watched that event. I saw very little by way of Obama welcoming the troops home and more by way of him blowing rainbows up Michelle's ass on national TV with all his compliments to her. The Obamas get more air time than Lindsay Lohan. Seems like O likes being in the spotlight and being famous. You can't go a day without seeing him in some live press coverage, you would think he was royalty or a king....

Hang on i hear someone coming that is grumbling about him being the anti-christ....

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think most people see the reality and believe that even though the boots have been pulled out of Iraq, the war is still not over. It will just move to another theater on a smaller scale as Obama continues to ratchet up the rhetoric and increase tensions in an already tense region. Rumors are flying about a NATO build up on the Jordan/Syria border.

I wish nothing but the best for our returning troops unfortunately, they have to return to one hell of a mess in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join