It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Men Are NOT Created Equal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Given the chance to govern themselves, the dirty, unwashed, ill-bred and uneducated "citizens" shall murder, steal, pollute and destroy their own communities. They are neither deserving nor capable of handling freedom.

Natural Law dictates the enslavement of the weak and ignorant by the strong and intelligent for the good of all.

AboveTopSecret, Facebook, YouTube and America Idol have been designed as meaningless exercises to afford imaginary power to those who may believe themselves capable of participation.

I hope this got your attention because this is precisely what your government believes. It is an inescapable conclusion based simply on their actions. Any belief to the contrary is a measure of the degree to which you fit the descriptions above.

If on the other hand you do believe all men were created equal and have been endowed with the ability to discern Truth, it is impossible to conclude anything other than any given group of men and women are naturally better at governing themselves than is any sub-set.

It makes no sense that given access to modern tools of communication, tools that most of use many times per day, we are satisfied with our government telling us that the group of us must wait TWO AND FOUR YEARS to express our inherently superior collective ideas!

Wake up. ATS is a

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Right out of Animal Farm.

All are created equal....just some moreso than others.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
we are all CREATED equal.

but we are all raised and taught quite differently.

if you stole a black child from his poor crack-addicted ghetto-bred mother, and raised him in a mansion and taught him at the finest schools... do you imagine you would get a thug?

if you stole a white child from his rich country club parents, and raised him in the middle of the poorest slums of India, and taught him on the streets... do you imagine you would get a banker?
edit on 16-12-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well it is indeed true that no man is created equal to another but i wouldn't ever say that the elite are the superior ones who we have to obey to like you said they think we should.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

No one is created equal! life depends on it.

And its all about brain development so you probably would get a thug from a black guy who lives in mansion and a banker form a white guy who lives on the streets in India........If not,the white guy would probably be the most intelligent anyway.
edit on 16/12/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Given the chance to govern themselves, the dirty, unwashed, ill-bred and uneducated "citizens" shall murder, steal, pollute and destroy their own communities. They are neither deserving nor capable of handling freedom.

Natural Law dictates the enslavement of the weak and ignorant by the strong and intelligent for the good of all.

AboveTopSecret, Facebook, YouTube and America Idol have been designed as meaningless exercises to afford imaginary power to those who may believe themselves capable of participation.

I hope this got your attention because this is precisely what your government believes. It is an inescapable conclusion based simply on their actions. Any belief to the contrary is a measure of the degree to which you fit the descriptions above.

Who cares what the government thinks of me.
Really. Who gives a rats butt?
Governments job is to protect from invading armies, build roads, and deliver the mail.
Anything else they do is because we, as a people, have gotten too damned lazy to do ourselves.

If on the other hand you do believe all men were created equal and have been endowed with the ability to discern Truth, it is impossible to conclude anything other than any given group of men and women are naturally better at governing themselves than is any sub-set.

who defines the "sub-set"? You? Me? All men are created equal. Other men just like to think themselves better than others.

It makes no sense that given access to modern tools of communication, tools that most of use many times per day, we are satisfied with our government telling us that the group of us must wait TWO AND FOUR YEARS to express our inherently superior collective ideas!

Wake up. ATS is a

Anarchy much? Seriously, you have every right to vent, but when you've identified a "problem" what would be the "solution"?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Really? Where in nature you see slavery? Natural law dictates survival of the fittest,that's it. Roaches are not smart as and their strength is unremarkable but their survived the dinosaurs.
And even in the same species there is no slavery. Strength is important only in species that need it. The same for intelligence. There are species that go for loudest croak, shiniest feathers, endurance and numerous other parameters.
In any way - people do enslave but it is only because humanity creates our own natural laws.Abstract power (not as strength but as social status) is really important. Not strength or intelligence.
As for

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

this is the ideal that people who wrote the constitution wanted to stress. It was not reality then,nor it is now. But it is getting better with time - for example you cannot legally treat those who you consider "the dirty, unwashed, ill-bred and uneducated "citizens" worse then others , and you could at the time when the lines above were written. So we move in right direction.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There is a rumor that some of the white hats in the pentagon are prepared to arrest members of congress who signed the treasonous Defense Bill. I'm with them 100%

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Zeroknowledge you could not be more aptly named or more foolish. I believe the principles in the Declaration of Independence were absolute, Natural Laws. They were not "ideals" as you refer to them.

Now go take a bath

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

And its all about brain development so you probably would get a thug from a black guy who lives in mansion and a banker form a white guy who lives on the streets in India........If not,the white guy would probably be the most intelligent anyway.

I'm stunned anybody would write that. It's sad and an indictment on our society's level of education. Plato, the philosopher, not the dough, came to the conclusion that every human being has the capacity to tap into all the knowledge in the universe giving each man the capacity to recognize Truth or "Forms" as he called them.

Regardless of skin color, country of origin, it was a Human trait. Thomas Jefferson read all of Plato's work and referred to Plato's philosophy in the D of I and Constitution.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm stunned anybody would write that. It's sad and an indictment on our society's level of education.

Really? Are you also stunned when in response to any criticism of Jewish identity, Jews and non-Jews alike begin listing Jewish accomplishments in the fields of scientific discovery and entertainment, then go on to quote statistics as to how they possess the highest I.Q. 's comparatively?

When this is done, I seldom see any of you "everyone is born equal" types arguing against it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Why would he be more the intelligent? Please explain why without saying "Because the other guy's black , silly."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
For Christ's Sake! I don't believe in the insanity of slavery. I believe that all men are created equal. I believe that ATS is a good thing.

Is literacy license lost? Maybe I'm wrong about it all and should just stfu?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

I'm stunned anybody would write that. It's sad and an indictment on our society's level of education.

Really? Are you also stunned when in response to any criticism of Jewish identity, Jews and non-Jews alike begin listing Jewish accomplishments in the fields of scientific discovery and entertainment, then go on to quote statistics as to how they possess the highest I.Q. 's comparatively?

When this is done, I seldom see any of you "everyone is born equal" types arguing against it.

That's where You Are Wrong. You cannot argue with statistics that prove Jews have disproportionately higher levels of achievements in many fields. That is simply a fact. It should be lauded and made evident to all.

It's how one interprets the facts that is skewed. The fact that many of the best scientists in history does not prove people of Jewish ancestry have superior genes. As a matter of FACT most Jews in Germany came from mixed marriages. It's neither a genetic nor God given trait but the result of the cultural importance placed on education.

I am eternally grateful that I went to GWU, a school with a very high percentage of Jewish students. The competition forced me to be a better student. Half my frat bros were Jews and helped me to be a much better student.

There was also at that time very many Iranians and the very same trait was also true of them. To my lab partner organic lab partner Fareed, I say thanks. Without Ali Bilali, I never would have got a B in physical chemistry.

The problem lies in the misguided religious fanaticism of a small fraction of pyschos who believe not only are they divinely superior but must force the coming of Armageddon to call down the Messaih. Ironically, the same view is held by a small but powerful faction of Iranians.

Fact is that all men have the capacity for greatness. It's incumbent upon all of us to recognize our collective endowments, take back our right to govern ourselves and lock up the pyschos in Israel, the United States and Iran so the rest of us may get to work fixing the planet and live in harmony.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No one is created equal. So many different things make up an individual. I've never understood why so many people think that unless people are born blank slates, then some MUST be superior to others.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
we are all CREATED equal.

but we are all raised and taught quite differently.

if you stole a black child from his poor crack-addicted ghetto-bred mother, and raised him in a mansion and taught him at the finest schools... do you imagine you would get a thug?

if you stole a white child from his rich country club parents, and raised him in the middle of the poorest slums of India, and taught him on the streets... do you imagine you would get a banker?
edit on 16-12-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

And that, my friend, is why I hate war. It's the innocent who lose their lives, the majority of the time.

I have yet to meet someone who had control over the country, and family in which they were born. Yes governments are problems, including our own, but people really need to think a little harder the next time they say bomb Iran, or bomb Iraq, or bomb and other nation for that matter. The men, women and children on receiving end, had as much control over being born into that, as you and I had of being born into our families. And often times, their ability to leave is much more restricted than it is in the US.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
No one is created equal. So many different things make up an individual. I've never understood why so many people think that unless people are born blank slates, then some MUST be superior to others.

You are right and you are dead wrong! No two individuals are created equal. From birth, it would have been very unlikely that I could have become an Olympic shot put thrower. I lack muscle mass in my quadriceps and hamstrings.

Men are created equal. That is Men with a capital "M" meaning humanity in general. Another way to say it is no family is inherently superior. No race is inherently superior.

Each and every one of us does have the ability for the discernment of Truth so that we recognize the superior achievements of our peers.

That is why I have created so many friggin threads this week. I have just reached this epiphany. I am desperate to share it. With the tools we are all using right here on ATS, we have the solutions.

The founders of this very website have the chance to go down in history with Thomas fkn Jefferson and Plato. Wtf is the matter with you a-holes for not putting this thread on the front page??? V
Do you see how that makes us all equal?

If we did truly live in a Democracy and we had equal access to information necessary to make choices about our governance, we would NATURALLY agree on the best solutions.
edit on 16-12-2011 by zarp3333 because: Beevis

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Here is where the concept of "All men are created equal" as used in the US Declaration of Independence comes from: John Locke ...

... and it SPECIFICALLY refers to the ability to determine ones OWN CHARACTER and has nothing to do with any other inherent human ability!

This philosophy is called EMPIRICISM!

Empiricism states that all men are born in the state of Tabular Rasa = Blank Slate ie all men are the authors of themselves, and therefor "All men are created equal".

Perosnal Disclosure: And it all starts with Descartes 'Cogito Ergo Sum' or more commonly known as "I Think, therefor I AM!".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I came out of my mothers womb into this world crying, probably a little scared (Of Course I cant remember) but every single one of you in this forum, on this site, in this country and others came out crying and EQUAL!

Until I see a baby born into this world without crying, speaking old english , a briefcase and a huge mustache I will bow down and say we all aren't created EQUAL. Until then I believe your statement is wrong.

No one comes out ahead or above anyone. Its the concept of Nature Vs. Nurture. Who you are is either how you were raised (Nurture) or how the environment and society had an influence on your thoughts, actions (Nature). Either way its hard to tell until you are an actual thinking, independent HUMAN BEING.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Surely we can agree that there is more to the core of "Certain inalienable rights" than we are all just a blank slate.

My central premise is that we have certain "abilities." whether you say they are God given or a natural result of the evolution of a prefrontal cortex, these inherent abilities also bestow us with rights. For instance, you can't make a logical argument for slavery.

I say these rights extend to ability to decide for ourselves how to run our lives. It's time for the citizens to arrest every member of congress

new topics

top topics

join