It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Ron Paul passed away while running

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To those of you intending to vote for Ron Paul for POTUS. If he passed away today who then would you be seriously voting for for POTUS? And why to your answer. Or would you just not even bother to vote?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I think its been asked and answered a few times, but I like seeing Ron Paul's name in the headlines, so I'll play along anyway.

#1. If he passed away, nobody would believe it was natural. Even if it was natural, it would be far too convenient. I believe it would result in huge civil unrest and upheaval. Ron Paul is dangerous to the establishment, and he is even more dangerous dead than alive. While he is alive, there is a chance he will have a misstep or trivialize himself again. If he were killed, then he would be martyred and he could never do any wrong. He would be idolized and the fervor over his death would be insane.

#2. There are very few candidates with any integrity. I like Huntsman, Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, Kucinich, I voted once for Obama, but that won't happen again, he was just better than McCain at the time.

I don't think the Ron Paul supporters are going to support some Republican puppet just because he gets to wear the RNC sash. We will find a decent, honorable, steadfast guy, or we will not vote, or we will right in someone we can actually live with our conscience after endorsing.

My choices are Paul, then possibly Huntsman or Johnson, and after that I'll write in my Dad's name.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Plz quit posting these stupid questions!
edit on 16-12-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Hi WarJohn.

I would probably have to support Gary Johnson, as I believe he switched parties to be the Libertarian's likely nominee (or at least run for it?).

Otherwise, I'd be willing to take a good, long look at Huntsman, but I don't know if I'd be able to support him as he doesn't seem too concerned with the status quo on many issues I'm concerned about. May be best to leave it at "the devil I know is better than the devil I don't know" if there's not someone running I can actually feel represents me and is properly addressing our best interests.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe Huntsman, if I voted.

I would find it strange that a healthy man of his age would just die. If there was evidence that he was assassinated..... hmm... At the very least I would get down to an occupy.

I don't like this topic. Please don't die Paul.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Let's just hope Ron Paul never boards any private planes. As you may already know, this is the deathtrap for anyone significant in our recent past.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Rons is better shape than the average american 40 years younger than he is.

Hes not going anywhere, except to the white house

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

how do you know he is heathly ?

second he is 76 , deaths at that age are not uncommon , or unatural

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by CREAM

how do you know he is heathly ?

He bikes on average 10 miles a day, doesn't smoke or drink, has a satisfying marriage of 50+ years, has been enduring a thus-far grueling primary season (that a good many of us would be hard-pressed to keep up with), has no reported health issues (such as Bachmann's debilitating headaches), and is not overweight.

Trust me, if Paul had any health issues, they would be public knowledge and have been broadcast at some point.

PS - you misspelled "ambivalent" there, scholar.

edit on 12/16/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Neither is a PhD, or a 30 your Senate run, or a 50 year marriage, or a public lifestyle, or a chance to be president.

There isn't much "common" about Ron Paul, so a death when he is otherwise healthy would be an extreme coincidence and lead to much distress among the public, and hopefully it would result in something even better than his election.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I think the world would move on...as it always has. My question is who is he picking for his VPOTUS? That is more relevent.

Let's face facts. Paul is not much longer for this world. He's getting old and his journey is nearing it's end.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by WarJohn

I think the world would move on...as it always has. My question is who is he picking for his VPOTUS? That is more relevent.

Let's face facts. Paul is not much longer for this world. He's getting old and his journey is nearing it's end.

Neither are you for much longer too as far as I'm concerned. Death does not care for age. The younger, the better.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I'm just a blink in times eye. I was born to die...such is life.

But I live life by my terms...not others.

edit on 16-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
RP is my last hope...stars forbid something happens to him...but if it did I would not vote for anyone else..I would calmly pack my bags and go..where is utopia..I seemed to have lost the directions..

top topics

join