It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Courts Claim Iranian 9/11 Link

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Surley any evidence that Iran had anything to do with 9/11, would have been
released through the white house at one of those press thingys.
But a judge overseeing a one sided lawsuit...really?
This would otherwise make me laugh if it was'nt so messed up.
I hope America and the rest of the world does'nt fall for this one again.
Next they will be telling us that Iran has mobile WMD's disguised
as milk trucks

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by CALGARIAN

A US court

Which US Court?

I can't find any confimation on this anywhere.

And what exactly is a "default judgement"?

It's amazing to me that none of you are asking these questions...you just seem to beleive it without question.
edit on 16-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

to the vast population, those questions don't matter, they see '9-11' and a middle eastern country that is 'Guilty' of being 'Responsible' for it, they don't need proof,

to 'them' it doesn't matter if we believe it or not,

9-11 the gift that keeps giving to corrupt governments,

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is so BS.

If any of those fools ever bother to study US-Iran relations, in 2000-2001, Iran was in very good terms with the west in general.

Hell they nearly invaded Afghanistan before NATO did because of all the BS the Talibans were pulling on the border with Iran, smuggling drugs and all that.

If those idiots want to investigate another country, what about they look into the Pakistani ISI or the Saudis? But noooooooo, eh, Iran is the root of all evil right?
I bet Iran shot Abraham Lincoln too.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Iran did the attack on Pearl Harbour.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so its official the government isnt even trying to come up with creative excuses any more they are becoming like Hollywood sequels not originality oh well least it makes it simpler to sift though the bs excuses

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is so BS.

Hell they nearly invaded Afghanistan before NATO did because of all the BS the Talibans were pulling on the border with Iran, smuggling drugs and all that.

Now that you mention it, I do recall stories around 2001 about the Taliban holding and even harming Iranian diplomatic staff which nearly caused the two to come to blows before 9/11 happened. I guess that whole side of things will just be ignored like so much else is, to re-write the perception of history so this war goes well with the public.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Soon there going to find Russia, Syria, China, and North Korea all had ties to 9/11.

edit on 16-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There is considerable evidence that Iranian agents were complicit in this:

The United States Government has accused Mughniyah of masterminding the April 1983 attack on the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, that killed 63 people; the October 1983 simultaneous attacks on the U.S. and French military barracks in Beirut that killed 241 U.S. Marines and 58 French soldiers; and the kidnapping and murder of numerous U.S. hostages in Lebanon, including the CIA’s Beirut station chief William Buckley and U.S. Marine Lt. Colonel Richard Higgins.

Mughniyah was also wanted by the FBI for his involvement in the 1985 hijacking of TWA flight 847 and the murder of U.S. Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem, and by Interpol for his role in the 1992 attack on the Israeli Embassy, and the July 1994 attack on the AMIA Jewish community center, both in Buenos Aires. Today, the Havlish attorneys disclosed that they have taken sworn testimony, which will be filed under seal, from former Iranian intelligence operatives describing the direct participation of Imad Mughniyah and top government officials of Iran in the planning of, and preparation for, the 9/11 attacks.

These witnesses also describe the roles of Mughniyah and top Iranian officials in assisting al Qaeda leadership and operatives to escape from Afghanistan after the U.S.-led invasion in the wake of 9/11. Iran then provided safe haven and support for these al Qaeda members inside Iran. “The 9/11 Commission discovered, just days before publication of its report, important U.S. intelligence documents that detailed Iran’s involvement in aiding and abetting the 9/11 plot,” Mellon pointed out.

On page 240 of its final report, the 9/11 Commission stated that “a senior Hezbollah operative visited Saudi Arabia to coordinate activities there,” and that this “senior Hezbollah operative” and his associate were on the same air flights as several of the future hijackers who were traveling to and from Iran between October 2000 and February 2001. “We have compelling evidence that the ‘senior Hezbollah operative’ was Imad Mughniyah,” added Dennis G. Pantazis, of the Birmingham, Alabama law firm of Wiggins Childs Quinn & Pantazis.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is kinda old news.

www.nytimes.com...

Either way its definately war propoganda at its finest.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Just like Saddam Hussein having WMD in Iraq and was also behind 9/11.
This is the pretence that the USA needs to divert all those Iraqi based troops across the border into Iran.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow they are really desperate. Their whole system is collapsing and they know their game is up. They (ruling bodies not affiliated with any country) are purposely trying to start WW3 at any cost necessary. Got to admit though that if you taken any time to research what is happening in the world right now in pretty much every area, that this whole 2012 might be coming to pass. FTR I don't think 2012 is the end of the world, but rather a transition into a new way of life, either for the good or for the bad (depending on the will of the people and their choice of fear or love).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That's nothing:

Most of the locked up criminals are Iranian or related to Iranians
Virtually all murders, rapes and child molestations are commited by Iranians or people who speak Iranian
Most solen cars end up in Iran
I even know somebody who had his garden gnomes kidnapped and last thing they heard was a postcard from Iran

If you thought Iraqis or Afghanis were bad you have no idea, these Iranians are despicable.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if their connection to Lockerbie came out any day now. It was nothing to do with Gaddaffi after all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So they just blame 9/11 on everyone they want to go to war with...

...and they think people wont notice that?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I'd be interested in seeing the "evidence". Surely some must have been presented, such as financial transaction or videos of the high-jackers meeting with the Ayatollah and/or training in Iranian bases? Although it was won by a "default judgement" because "no Iranian represenatives were in court".

Anything to start a war....
edit on 16-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)
this is awful the govt is going to "prove" any country was associated when it suits their needs

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Im not really sure why people dont bother to do research. You cant be tried in absentia in US courts. Rule 43 prohibits it and the US Supreme Court not only upheld it but refined it to require the accused be present at the start.

Apparently RT is the gossip news source for Russia.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

A US court

Which US Court?

I can't find any confimation on this anywhere.

And what exactly is a "default judgement"?

It's amazing to me that none of you are asking these questions...you just seem to beleive it without question.
edit on 16-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

The video for RT was taken down by the user(I'm guessing RT) and this source seems to be very scarce on details. Looks like another drive-by piece by RT with no proof or reasonable sources..AGAIN.

Geez it's like RT is the Russian mouth piece for Alex Jones.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If you've got the time, you might want to step over to the thread at:Another 9/11 lawsuit thread

I've asked some questions that still confuse me, and I'd appreciate answers from you more knowledgeable types.

By the way, No one is being "tried" in absentia, it's a civil hearing and default judgements are not that rare. Also the US is not a party to the law suit, it's victims' families versus Iran.

Stop on by. Read the couple of pages, then explain to me what's going on.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Working video

rt.com/news/iran-terrorism-guilty-911-023/

Federal judge: Iran shares responsibility for 9/11 terror attacks
Kenneth Timmerman - The Daily Caller via Yahoo

news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-iran-shares-responsibility-9-11-terror-192626879.html

NEW YORK — In an historic hearing in the federal courthouse in Manhattan on Thursday, U.S. District Court Judge George Daniels said he planned to issue a ruling in the coming days declaring that Iran shares in the responsibility for the 9/11 terror attacks.

“The extensive record submitted to this court, including fact witnesses and expert testimony, is satisfactory to this court,” Judge Daniels said. The court “accepts as true” the various allegations of the plaintiffs and their experts, he declared, and “will issue an order” in the coming days that Iran bears legal responsibility for providing “material support” to the 9/11 plotters and hijackers.

Family members of 9/11 victims who attended the open-court hearing broke into tears. They had nervously sat through a four-hour presentation by attorneys Thomas E. Mellon, Jr., and Timothy B. Fleming, consisting of evidence backing up their claims that Iran had foreknowledge of the 9/11 attacks and actively assisted the hijackers in planning, preparing, and executing their plan.

(...)

Judge Daniels said he expected to issue a final opinion in the case early next week, finding Iran responsible for the worst terror attacks ever perpetrated on U.S. soil.

Daniels is a judge in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well as they say "timing is everything", oh it just took them 10 freaking years.what a load of crap

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Poor iran , they are like the booze the next day .

i didn't mean to sleep with him it was the booze!

the booze made me do it !

blame iran for 9/11

blame iran for nukes they don't have

place heavy sanctions on iran !

blame the economy on iran!

blame obama's lowest approval ratings on iran!

h1n1 irans fault!

aids was irans evil plan!

that failed russian mission to mars moon irans fault!

uss liberty attack was really iran !

did i leave anything out ? since its bash iran season ? lol

screw these punks who think were gonna stand by and let them LIE to our faces to justify war!

we are gonna just stand around and do nothing as usual arent we team? :*(

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join