It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Investigators Rip Sheriff Arpaio in Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

its not an argument its a question.

a question that was based on a comment you made.

the subtle yet obvious inference one is led to by the question is just...well.... style i guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There are plenty legal citizens of Mexican ancestry in Arizona.

Totally.

Sheriff Joe is not targeting illegals. He is targeting anyone that looks Mexican.

Well there's a whole lot of them in Arizona... if you haven't visited... just go to Phoenix a week and you'll see. A lot of them don't even speak english. When someone looks Mexican and he doesn't speak english, that's a good bet he's an illegal. But yeah he shouldn't arrest them unless they don't have papers and that kind of stuff. Due process and all.

Calling it a "simple border defense" issue is incorrect.

You're right, there's no ``simple border defense`` to speak of.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Well there's a whole lot of them in Arizona... if you haven't visited...

I live on the southern border.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then I have to ask, What in the hell is going on over there? You've got more skinheads down there then any other state in the country.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A lot of them don't even speak english.

So?

When someone looks Mexican and he doesn't speak english, that's a good bet he's an illegal.

That's stereotyping.

I grew up in Los Angeles. Lots of Mexicans. They pretty much lived in their own community. Many did not speak Spanish. We also have a China town and a Korean town - - where people do not speak English.

America does not have an official language.

Kids learn English because they go to school. Its probably cultural - - but the Mexican parents where I live now think they are interfering with the teacher if they get involved in school work.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Annee

Then I have to ask, What in the hell is going on over there? You've got more skinheads down there then any other state in the country.

Really? Where?

Where I am its more of the "Good Old Boy" American Cowboy save America mentality.

Rush Limbaugh blasts out of the radio in many businesses.

You don't have a conversation - - you have "media talking points".
edit on 17-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I dunno, just what I heard from one of the local FBI guys I know. Montana is coming in second, getting a bit scary over there they have an actual "Aryan Colony" thing going.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Annee

I dunno, just what I heard from one of the local FBI guys I know. Montana is coming in second, getting a bit scary over there they have an actual "Aryan Colony" thing going.

I'm sure there's some Aryan groups. As long as they don't act on it or cause trouble.

Arizona doesn't put up with much.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UnrelentingLurker

It matters not one iota where I am from. I do not need to be a resident of a nation to see the ills in the mechanics of its day to day existance. I am sure plenty of people outside my own nation know exactly what is wrong with it also.

I notice again that you failed to address any of the points I have made yet again. Wether the people voted for the current sheriff or not is also largely unimportant. What is important, and should concern you, is that violent crime and murder have shot up under this mans watch, and he has not responded to this increase in a rational manner, and has instead concentrated on immigration, which, just to clarify, is not his sole responsibility, but the responsibility of the Borders organisations previously mentioned.

When are you going to tackle the facts about this sheriff? You are not. You are going to continue to deflect and deflect away from the figures , away from that huge upsurge in violent disorder, because you know it makes nonsense of this fellows policing strategy, which would mark him out as??? Thats correct, a bad leader, and a man who is so utterly committed to removing immigrants from an area , that he allows other things to slide.

When are you going to respond on the topic of the sheriffs departments refusal to hear or respond to criticism, something every law enforcement agency is supposed to do? Again, that would be devastating to your position , so you will not respond to it, as you have failed to do several times.

You can say what you like about the voting public that put this man in office, and I am sure you will, but you cannot escape the fact that as much popularity as he may enjoy, the mans operational and organisational capabilities are non existant, otherwise he would be keeping a much firmer grip on basic law and order in his district. He is not. He is a damned disgrace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the main problem isn't that he is going after illegals, but the fact that his "sweeps" are so broad, that he arrests American citizens along with those illegals. Arresting an American citizen under suspicion of being illegal is wrong.

That's the problem people are having here. And I think the most appropriate punishment would be to send him to his own tent jail.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

The "fed" has been after him for years. He just doesn't fit the mold of the "modern" American law officer. Especially he doesn't meet the current politically correct movement of "legalizing" the presence of persons from foreign countries who are not here with legal status.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
I think the main problem isn't that he is going after illegals, but the fact that his "sweeps" are so broad, that he arrests American citizens along with those illegals. Arresting an American citizen under suspicion of being illegal is wrong.

That's the problem people are having here. And I think the most appropriate punishment would be to send him to his own tent jail.

There are many many American citizens of Mexican ancestry.

There are also many anglo illegal Canadians.

He is targeting anyone who looks of Mexican ancestry. That is illegal. Period.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oldfogie

The "fed" has been after him for years. He just doesn't fit the mold of the "modern" American law officer. Especially he doesn't meet the current politically correct movement of "legalizing" the presence of persons from foreign countries who are not here with legal status.

No he definitely doesn't fit the mold of a modern American Law Enforcement Officer. He reminds me of a 1950's southern Sheriff who is also a member of the KKK.

Simply put and I have no idea why this isn't getting through to some people. If you arrest an American Citizen under suspicion of being illegal based solely on looks alone, you have done more than just break the law, you have in my personal opinion permanently damaged the office you hold.

This isn't Nazi Germany, (I hate to invoke Godwin's law) but this is jackbooted thug behavior and it has no place in our country.

reply to post by Annee

Exactly!

Some people want rid of illegals (I.E. Anyone who speaks Spanish or looks Latino) so badly, that they actually will condone such behavior. It's atrocious and unfathomable how people can be so ignorant.

The solution is actually self evident. What they should do is go after the business owners and landlords that hire/rent to illegals. In this way, you cut off the incentive and resources that illegals have for being here.

If it were up to me, I would fine a business 1 million per undocumented worker they have on the property working, put the business owner in federal prison for 5 years and permanently revoke their business licence.

For those who rent to illegals, I would also put them in federal prison for 5 years and confiscate their property under RICO.

I think then you would see some changes in our immigration problem without having to profile people.
edit on 20-12-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
The solution is actually self evident. What they should do is go after the business owners and landlords that hire/rent to illegals. In this way, you cut off the incentive and resources that illegals have for being here.

I realize no one wants to hear the truth. People just want to complain and find a target.

We used to have a LEGAL migrant field worker program. A politician in Texas (I think) used the platform - - this was taking jobs away from Americans. As a result - - both farmers and migrant field workers have continued the program illegally.

Most people do not realize that SW Arizona is agricultural and produces most of the winter produce consumed in America.

People not from the area are like "Pace Picante Sauce made in New York City". They don't understand the complexity of the situation.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join