It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Investigators Rip Sheriff Arpaio in Report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
From what I've seen, read, and heard about him, he's a petty, dictatorial, sociopathic, racist power-tripping scumbag who thinks the Constitution and Bill of Rights doesn't apply to him.

That's about right. Lots like him in Arizona BTW.

This has been going on a long time - - you should read the local papers.

He arrogantly challenges the government. They really had no choice but to finally say Enough!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by HauntWok

I LOVE this examination into the biases and horrible actions of Joe Arpaio.

As a former resident of Arizona, some decade or so ago, I saw him as a bigoted disaster even then....the crows come home to roost (as they say) eventually....

GOOD on the justice system to seek out and eventually prosecute the evil ones.

Thanks.

Us people who are actually in Arizona - - know how long this has really been going on.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

I think you've got it reversed: the investigation has been going on for several years, while the birther thing was only recently started.

More likely the birther thing is a weak attempt at distraction from the criminal probe, not the criminal probe a reaction to the birther investigation.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

But the rightwingers seem to love him because he represents their values.

We're still buying into the left vs. right hate paradigm?

As stated above, people are arrested on "suspicion" of committing a crime every day. Since you want to bash "right-wingers", cue Obama and let's discuss his plans for arresting and detaining "indefinitely" - those who are "suspected" in a crime...expanding a Bush (yes "right-winger") policy.

SMDH - Wake the F up, man!

Do you understand what "Under Arrest" means?
They better have alot more proof than skin color to "arrest" anyone on US soil or they are committing a Felony.

Just becaue you have a badge, you do not have the right to violate a citizen's constitutional rights.

And if you think Racial Profiling is why Joe Aprio is under investigation you are ill-informed.
Thsi man is a sadist, racist abusive tyrant.
He uses the badge to intimidate the county and has been accused MANY times of committing felonies, and has used his position to muddy the facts..... Until now.
Sherrif Joe thinks he IS the "law", and that will be his downfall.

Mark my words, Joe Aprio WILL eventually be locked up.
He is a criminal. He is not powerful enough to totally cover his behind, nor is he smart enough.
He can't flex his muscles at the feds once they smell blood.. and Joe has been chumming for years.

I just wish they would indict all the politicians who covered up for his atrocities for the last decade

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Isn't "Freedom Of Speech" one of the basic human rights fought for and won by America's forefathers? During these times when illegals now coming into the country have more political backing than the American citizen, Joe Arpaio is simply trying to do the job he was hired for, and this scares the higher ups in law enforcement who would rather turn a blind eye to all the crap that's bringing down the country.
As far as calling a spade a spade, don't allow all this 'political correctness' crap to get the upper hand, else you will become just like Canada, and find yourselves having to bow down to almost every minority group you can think of! An illegal raghead can make jokes about me, but if I make jokes about them I am being racist and subject to criminal charges.
You need more police chiefs and sherriffs like Arpaio, cops who are motivated by the law, and not politics! I know we can use the same here in Canada, though for us it's probably much too late!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrelentingLurker
people get arrested under suspicion of committing a crime everyday. why get your panties in a bunch over this particular crime? .........

i dont see how this particular crime is any different.

What crime are you talking about here? The crime of being non-white? How exactly does one come to the suspicion that a person might be an illegal immigrant? Is it through the individuals actions? How does an illegal alien act? The only way to suspect that a person is an illegal alien is to assume that anyone that isn't white "might" be illegal. And that is wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

i think the crime we are discussing is obvious.

millions of mexicans are committing this particular crime along the border states. this is undeniable even in this thread. if they were chinese, im sure border states would be profiling chinese. and the perps would be playing the same race card and probably any other card they can think of to get out of trouble.

you can cry racism all you want, i prefer to cry reality.

if 100 black men robbed a store guess what color people they would be looking for in that area? its unfortunate that society has chosen to operate this way but its been going on for decades and is in no way exclusive to any particular race. do you have a better way of serving justice and law that doesnt involve amnesty or biometric identification? because the citizenry has already decided they prefer profiling. anybody elses opinion, frankly, doesnt matter.

when i get arrested for walking down the street at the same time some white guy rapes a woman, and i fit the profile, its called being at the wrong place at the wrong time. not racism.

its nothing new, it didnt work for any who played that card in the past, it it wont work for this situation either. get over it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

to each individual states satisfaction.

then i guess your out of luck and should have looked into the law of the land before you proceeded to enter that land.

as is the case with 99.9% of the habitable land on this earth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by dezertdog

I think you've got it reversed: the investigation has been going on for several years, while the birther thing was only recently started.

More likely the birther thing is a weak attempt at distraction from the criminal probe, not the criminal probe a reaction to the birther investigation.

Yes the investigation has been on going but the rebuke came out publicly Thursday.

Normally I think the tptb have no problem with heavy handed law enforcement but the good Sheriff stepped out of line and on some political toes.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Heres the thing folks, I think the numbers speak for themselves. I hear a lot of people jumping on OP because they disagree over a point of pedantry over the wording of his posts, but I dont see anyone being accute enough to realise that, no matter what the Sheriffs attitude toward ANY particular race, he must be doing a terrible job if the crime figures are to be believed.

One hundred and sixty six percent increase in homicide? Did I read that right? That along side a general increase in violent crime?

Lets see now. I bet that works like this. Jerry and Jane , who fly the confederate flag, hate jews ,black folks, EYEraqis (christ some people actually say it like that... ignorant filth) and mexicans, are on thier veranda, stabbing eachother and shooting rounds into the air at random, just like every Saturday night. They cannot wait for the south to rise again, so they can make human hand puppets out of the shrunken, cored out cadavers of anyone who isnt the same skin colour as them, and all the lefties, hippies and commies as well. They brung up thier kids to shoot dum dums out of fully automatic weapons before they could spell thier names, and thier youngest could sign his name better with an M-16 than with a pen. Despite this he thinks his parent is the TV, and sometimes the fridge .He is five and likes to kill the neighbors pets.

Juan, and Cordellia are out on thier veranda sipping Lemonade, and thinking how lucky they were thier citizen ship of the fine nation they now live in, came through. They thank Jesus every day for the existance of America, because it is a place where you can walk in the street without expecting to be shot, a place where you need not look behind you where ever you walk, in case a cartel sponsored nutcase feels like using civillians as target practice. Juan is an ornamental carpenter and makes art with wood. Cordellia performs administrative tasks to aid her husbands business, and both of them share the care of thier children equally. Thier kids are getting used to being challenged at school for the first time, and are proving to be quite intelligent. They are only five and nine, but the eldest has already mastered basic math, and is moving on to higher level work in her spare time, and intends to go to college.

Which house gets busted in first in this county ? No brainer. Incidentally , if you think my descriptions up there were unfair in someway, I will grant you a child cannot sign his name with an M-16 , but I refuse to back down on the rest of it.

If there is a general dissolution of law and order in this county, while the latino population are being cracked down on, then that shows that there is a massive problem with this police force, and with its leadership. One must not, cannot allow one element of ones responsibility to a town our county, outweigh all others in such a manner.

The way prisoners are treated, I dont give a damn as long as they are arrested for things they have actually done, and on a just and fair basis. But this sheriff needs to realise that he is not the border police, and deal with the violence and insanity that his laxity has engendered in the county he presides over. If he cannot do this, then he ought to be removed from his position and replaced.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i don't think this sheriff is good from other cases i've read not related to illegal aliens, BUT people need to use some common sense.

who lives in mexico? mexicans. what nationality is MOST likely to illegally cross the border from mexico into the u.s.? mexicans.

i'm not racist, nor do i hate mexicans. this is a simple border defense issue. illegal aliens from mexico are crossing into our country causing economic damage on top of increasing crime rates and drug trafficking.

let me ask you a question: who looks more suspicious?

or

which one would you rather share a room with? stereotypes exist for a reason. one of these men is a college student, the other the leader of an infamous mexican gang that started operating in arizona.

sometimes people aren't who they appear to be...but most of the time they are.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
who lives in mexico? mexicans. what nationality is MOST likely to illegally cross the border from mexico into the u.s.? mexicans.

There are plenty illegal white skinned Canadians in Arizona.

There are plenty legal citizens of Mexican ancestry in Arizona.

Sheriff Joe is not targeting illegals. He is targeting anyone that looks Mexican.

Calling it a "simple border defense" issue is incorrect.

Unless you want to include the northern border as well. Oh wait! That would mean anyone with white skin would have to be targeted too.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

the problem with your little breakdown is neither of those 2 stereotypes mentioned exist in any significant numbers.

at least not in the way you portrayed them.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

whoa when did they move arizona to the northern border?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UnrelentingLurker

No... and apparantly your grasp of caricature is as non existant as those sterotypes you mention. I do find it VERY interesting however, that you scratch at the surface content of my post, rather than address the verifiable facts.

For clarities sake, if this sheriff is doing the right thing by all his actions, by rounding up the illegal immigrants which people SAY cause all the trouble in the area, if his policy of keeping illegal immigrants off the streets and in jail is working, how the hell can the county have gone to hell like it has, and how does one explain the enormous increases in violent crime?

I explain it like this. The sheriff has assumed the roll of border control officer (not , last time I checked, a matter for a sheriff but a matter for the border control organisations) and ignored his role as lawman in a wider sense.

The truth is, that he has ignored the fundamental element of his office, and has made the cardinal error of enforcing ONE law, far and above all others, leaving crimes that do not fit his political interests to look after themselves. He is in short a failiure, and rather than admit it, you would rather scratch away at an obvious caricature. You dont want to interact with the meat of the truth, because if you did you would be forced to accept that it is the responsibility of U.S Customs and Border Protection to police the border of the nation, and the responsibility of this sheriff to police his county, in totality, with an eye to any and ALL crime committed there, something he has singularly failed to do.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrelentingLurker
reply to post by Annee

whoa when did they move arizona to the northern border?

Really?

That's seriously your argument?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Anything the DOJ does right now, with Eric Holder in charge, is very suspicious.

Has to be the most corrupt DOJ since Janet Reno was in charge.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Anything the DOJ does right now, with Eric Holder in charge, is very suspicious.

Has to be the most corrupt DOJ since Janet Reno was in charge.

Eric Holder should stop lying to congress.

He is probably going after Sheriff Arpaio to change the subject from the
Fast & Furious Scandal.

Fast & Furious = Eric Holder has blood on his hands.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

the sheriff is doing the bidding of the voters who put him in the position. im sure he has a better idea of the source to these violent crime increases than you or i. if the citezenry wanted him removed they would have done it a long time ago.

the problem is the only people who want him removed either:

a) cant vote.

or

b) live 10 thousand miles away, where they form their reality over comments on the internet.

your from where, again?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Where is their investigation of Eric Holder for actually KILLING innocent people by arming dangerous drug cartels?

Ah yes, it's never coming.

Arpaio shouldn't get away with what he has done in the last decade or so, but come on now, if the DOJ is hell bent on investigate crimes, they should investigate their bosses FIRST and send them to jail... THEN we can talk...and considering the number of crimes they have committed over the years, you know, drug smuggling, arming drug cartels, OKC, Waco, etc... they won't be back at Arpaio for at least a decade.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join