It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: An Asian Link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Looking around, I noticed the other day that there is a fair amount in common between the Freemason rites and organization and those of the criminal Traids of China. Examples include oathes sworn (at least as far as I know....it's not exactly easy to sort through all the crap and really get a detailed overview of either one) and lodge organization. Please, observate:

en.wikipedia.org...:Triad_structure.jpg

en.wikipedia.org...

Please, if I mason would like to step forward with their own histories to compare, I would like to see how close both organizations are. Perhaps they have some common root. I come not to judge, but to learn.

DE

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Observations:

1. The Triad organisation chart does not bear resemblance to any Lodge organisation and the roles as described appear very different. (Obviously. The organizations have different purposes).

2. The process of forming an organization to overthrow an existing government or regime is the antithesis of the origins of Freemasonry.

3. There is no extortion or crime in Freemasonry. Freemasons are not engaged in illegal activity to gain illicit funds for allocation between them, while Triad members have this in their core mission.

If the analogy is that there are certain ways in which members recognize each other in any organization, then all such so-called "secret societies" can be painted with the same brush.

But the connections seem very spurious and the culture and operation of member organizations are poles apart in this writer's opinion. I have not had the benefit of going to Triad meetings in addressing this, but I feel just a little more expert than people who have been to neither Triad nor Masonic meetings.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Observations:

1. The Triad organisation chart does not bear resemblance to any Lodge organisation and the roles as described appear very different. (Obviously. The organizations have different purposes).

Ow, my groin. I wished to note certain stations such as the Master of Ceremonies, Incence master, etc. , may have equivalent stations in Freemasonry. There is much oath-swearing in the triads, as much as in Masonry.

2. The process of forming an organization to overthrow an existing government or regime is the antithesis of the origins of Freemasonry.

Once said feat was 'accomplished', the system remained. It adapted over time to expand more into growing, less into destroying.

3. There is no extortion or crime in Freemasonry. Freemasons are not engaged in illegal activity to gain illicit funds for allocation between them, while Triad members have this in their core mission.

Indeed, I acknowlege it. I did not say "Hey, these organizations are one and the same!" I said there are similarities between these two very different groups.

But the connections seem very spurious and the culture and operation of member organizations are poles apart in this writer's opinion. I have not had the benefit of going to Triad meetings in addressing this, but I feel just a little more expert than people who have been to neither Triad nor Masonic meetings.

Same tool, different functions. There are differences between a ball peen and a warhammer, but that does not negate their similarities.

DE

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Please, if I mason would like to step forward with their own histories to compare, I would like to see how close both organizations are. Perhaps they have some common root. I come not to judge, but to learn.

I don't really know much about Triads, but Masonic hierarchy, ritual, etc. is based on the stonemasons' guilds of England from the middle ages. All the guilds (masons, carpenters, blacksmiths, etc.) admitted apprentices through initiation, required candidates to take oaths to preserve the trade secrets, and issued degrees of advancement when one could demonstrate superior work.

Fiat Lvx.

new topics

top topics

join