It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by GLontra
If the government of the USA want, it can simply stop any kind of imports from China. It can just make a new law, making illegal any import from China, just like it already does with Cuba.

But those companies are not Chinese, they are American, British etc. The profits made go to western capitalists, not the Chinese.

China is just providing the cheap labour. Chinese workers get paid very low to produce goods for American, and other international companies, to be sold to you at inflated prices. Chinese workers, for example, are paid around 6c, to produce a shirt sold to you for $60. If they had to pay American workers to produce those shirts, their profit level would plummet. The Chinese, and you, are being ripped-off, exploited.

Capitalism does not care about you, it has nothing to do with freedom. It is nothing but those lucky enough to own capital, exploiting those who don't.

American & International Corporations In China

edit on 12/16/2011 by ANOK because: typo

It is too bad that you do not know that the average worker in China is doing better than the average American. You fools, it is not how much digits you are receiving per time period; it is how much those digits (money) can buy. In China, the standard of living for the average worker is better than it is in the states for many things. The difference is that the Chinese government has a solid fiscal policy. The Chinese save their money instead of buying # they don't need and Americans sit in their huge homes bitching about not having a job that pays the bills anymore. Your money has been devalued folks. Wakey Wakey... But sure go on and blame someone else, after all Obama does it all the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The local government in Calgary does the same with out sourcing of jobs , privatizing positions for the cheaper costs . Looking at the back yard of the Calgary area will show just as much BS as does looking in the back yard of China and the USA .
edit on 16-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well what happens when China stops manufacturing goods? Who will do the work?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
India will take over that task , if they haven't already grabbed up some of the mass production . Which they have , along with Korea , and all the rest of the names on the boxes you see from the stores in North America .

The North American continent is one of the largest places that demand goods . The rest supply it all .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Has anyone read any of this stuff? I mean it's David Wilcott (he does get on my nerves from time to time like Alex Jones) but there's some interesting stuff going on right now. One of the things mentioned is the thousands of tons of gold the Chinese gave the US during the Japanese invasion in WW2 for safe keeping. Basically the US promised to secure the gold in the US and issued 60 year government bonds in return. The Chinese tried to collect the bonds in 1998 and the US balked.

If you have the time the interview is very interesting it's involves a insider name Ben Fulford. Bascially the chinese are suing the US for the amount of value based off the gold which is esitmated at over 370 (some numbers say higher) TRILLION dollars. By all accounts the lawsuit is legit.

divinecosmos.com...

edit on 16-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Has anyone read any of this stuff? I mean it's David Wilcott (he does get on my nerves from time to time like Alex Jones) but there's some interesting stuff going on right now. One of the things mentioned is the thousands of tons of gold the Chinese gave the US during the Japanese invasion in WW2 for safe keeping. Basically the US promised to secure the gold in the US and issued 60 year government bonds in return. The Chinese tried to collect the bonds in 1998 and the US balked.

If you have the time the interview is very interesting it's involves a insider name Ben Fulford. Bascially the chinese are suing the US for the amount of value based off the gold which is esitmated at over 370 (some numbers say higher) TRILLION dollars. By all accounts the lawsuit is legit.

divinecosmos.com...

Any thing to do with this ?

viewzone2.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Interesting.

Appears more and more people are realizing how the Chinese are ripping the U.S off, stealing US jobs and over-running North America.

THIS, however, will not resolve anything.

We'll find out over the next few months if this is an isolated incident or will become a growing trend.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Im not suprised you have not posted again in this thread. Why dont you stop being brainwahed by your government and realise that its your governments fault, and the big american companies that care more about money than giving american people jobs.

China has stolen nothing!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

He is actually from Calgary Alberta Canada to clarify . According to the avatar . Since no one has shot anyone in Calgary at the various consulates , what does go on in Calgary gets covered up pretty quick from my knowledge of the city .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
reply to post by Jay-morris

He is actually from Calgary Alberta Canada to clarify . According to the avatar . Since no one has shot anyone in Calgary at the various consulates , what does go on in Calgary gets covered up pretty quick from my knowledge of the city .

Im using my mobile, and its a nightmare to use on this site. I cant really see avatars. The way he was talkibg about america, i thought he was american. Anyways, it was a stupid post he made, and i will be suprised if he posts in here again. these clueless people never do when they say stupid stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There are many more reasons for a random attack on the Chinese Consulate, than some petty bigot from the states getting his gun off over the loss of his job (and in true American style, firing in the wrong direction entirely). Of course, on this occasion the gunman appears to have been of asian extraction. There are SO many reasons why an asian gentleman might wish to shoot at a symbol of Chinese power.

China has some of the worst records of human rights abuses, outright genocide, racial and religious discrimination
and general ill governance that it is possible to have without having the buttocks bombed off them. They make pre war Iraq, look like a leftist commune full of hippies, puppy dogs, and Teletubbies. More political prisoners vanish and are never heard from again, in that nation, than in near enough any other. The ones you hear about are the LUCKY ones, because most folks who annoy the leadership of the nation just get liquidated and redacted from the history of the damned place. Families who would petition the government for information as to the whereabouts of thier loved ones, do not for fear of suffering similar fates.

China is the police state that American citizens think thier nation is becoming, that the politicians would LOVE it to be, and should terrify anyone, if one wishes to be free of mind and speech. Such things are not permitted there.

Also to the raving idiot who claimed that the majority of Chinese workers have a better time of it than those in the US.... you are talking from so far up your own behind , that your nose is echoing. The majority of people in China get paid next to nothing, can afford little more than poorly put together accomodation, basic staple foods, and walk to work, or pack themselves into poorly maintained, accident and failiure prone buses, rather than driving which is costly. That is NOT how the MAJORITY of US citizens live, and it has not been for a very long time. You can be honest and admit that, or carry on deluding yourself. The choice is your own of course.

Its true there are tent cities in the US right now. In China though, if you tried to put such a thing up there, the residents would be shot, and the whole kit and kaboodle buried in a cess pit before you can say chop sockey , and thats that.

The gunman in this case could have been an angry Chinese man with relatives in captivity or murdered by the government of China, a man from a land bordering the place, or a fellow who has campaigned for the freeing of Tibet only to finally see that patience is a virtue of the lazy and the dead and has decided to attempt to start his own revolution right on the doorstep of a Consulate (hey... some people get VERY drunk). Who the hell knows?

Until more data comes out, we could shoot in the dark over this one till doomsday and still miss the cause of this particular incident. Let us not however, turn this into a "who is the biggest pain in the colon, the US or China?" competition? Hows this, as colonic irritations go, they are both terrible carbuncles upon the waste disposal system of man, and I hope that both houses of cards collapse with the maximum impact to the rich minority and the minimum to the man in the street.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We are losing jobs to china and india because capitalism without tariffs dictates cheap labor with less regulations means more profit and less taxes. Both chineese and americans are getting exploited for similar reasons.

Either you support business or you support labor unions. The american government said BUSINESS!

I say we need a better government!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

My wife is Chinese and i lived in China for two years (beijing) and travelled around China for two months. I love China. I class it as my second home. The first thing that struck me about beijing, was just how westernised it is. Also what struck me was the amount if non chinese people living there. I met many people there who became good friends, most of them from the uk.

I love the history, culture and the beautiful landscapes i have seen in my travels. China is not perfect, far from it, and i hope they can sort out their problems such as human rights because its a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Saying that, china has progressed in the last 30 years, but alot more work needs to be done. I loved my time in china. I felt safer in china than i do in the uk. When we used to go out clubbing, you would get no trouble whatsoever. Everyone is respectful. Non of these chav gangs walking the street looking for trouble like in the uk.

I think the only time i saw trouble was when my 5 aside football team played this competition. That got a little ugly

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
China makes cheap stuff.

The USA is NOT "obliged" to import those cheap stuff.

china makes cheap stuff because like any company, they like to turn a profit.

when u.s. corporations like nike demand $200 air jordans be made for 17 cents, quality suffers.

that goes for every product.

but when the chinese are reverse engineering stealth technology, or building super computers, they don't use dollar store components.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The local government in Calgary does the same with out sourcing of jobs , privatizing positions for the cheaper costs . Looking at the back yard of the Calgary area will show just as much BS as does looking in the back yard of China and the USA .

Agreed 100%. I worked with 2 major oil companies IT department for about 2 years each, until we got outsourced for 20% of the cost and 24 hour support.

So weak.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh great! just the way to start a war with China.
shoot a diplomat. or some such.

dont blame China for the goods imported to US.
blame your government.
they are the ones buying cheep goods to sell to the people.
and make heaps of money. That You pay for.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Agreed 100%. I worked with 2 major oil companies IT department for about 2 years each, until we got outsourced for 20% of the cost and 24 hour support.

So weak.

I having seen the local civic mess first hand , know quite well how the cover up is done and how they remove traces of it coming out and getting rid of those that oppose it .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

divinecosmos.com...

I am on the better side knowledgeable on this (Benjamin Fulford interview) and many related matters and believe me, this is a very very broad strokes accounting for things. This is and will be one case of the reality of the situation is actually more disturbing than the conspiracy theories.

If you are inclined to read much more about this information, get yourself two books to start :

The Creature From Jekyll Island By G. Edward Griffin

Gold Warriors By Peggy & Sterling Seagrave

These books will fill many many gaps regarding the same events discussed by Fulford and are written very well. The level of information available is surprisingly high and accurate as well. If you enjoy history, this will be some of the most interesting reading you will have in a while.

If we can keep our government from declaring martial law, there will be one of the most incredible conspiracies ever revealed coming to the public.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Watch the video I posted to see who is ripping off who. This is not a debate, lol it's just the way it is.

OK, so I watched it. Look up the word "propaganda". What a shame that these people are given a place to live and they actually have to PAY for it, oh the humanity! I guess they preferred living in a mud hut with no utilities for free? And to say the food is disgusting? Have you ever seen what Chinese people eat? I simply don't believe most of what was in that video, yes, I think they are lying, or at the very least sensationalizing.

Those people need to be talking to their governemnt, not the US citizens. Their government is allowing Wal-Mart to create these conditions. To blame the American people for their situation (which is actually far better than it was 15 years ago) is disingenuous at best.

You said, "This is not a debate..." I disagree, I would debate you on this topic anytime and anywhere because you are wrong in your thinking. It never ceases to amaze me when people support China. The Chinese government is more evil than the US government by a long shot. I do not support my government, but the people of this country are, by and large, the most giving, generous, kind-hearted people on the planet. What happens when tolerance of diverse cultures is promoted is that people start to feel empathy towards people who may be significantly different in the way they live their lives.

Also, you may not be aware of this, but Chinese (as are most Asians) are extremely racist. While you are talking about how great they are, they are laughing at you and calling you a mongrel dog. I don't have time for people like that, I learned a long time ago that race has nothing to do with ability.

BIG EDIT- Something else that REALLY needs to be added is this- Think about this video the next time you buy some Chinese crap. One of the reasons why it is more expensive to produce stuff in the US is due to one of the key issues of the video and that is Worker Protection. Labor laws, OSHA, EPA, Worker's Compensation, etc, all of these things that keep American workers from experiencing the lives that Chinese workers live (aka, working conditions in the US circa 1900) cost money and add to the bottom line. Your beloved Chinese gov't does not care even a little bit for their workers. It's all about making an extra penny per unit. That's the truth, choke on it.
edit on 17-12-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

OK, so I watched it. Look up the word "propaganda". What a shame that these people are given a place to live and they actually have to PAY for it, oh the humanity! I guess they preferred living in a mud hut with no utilities for free? And to say the food is disgusting? Have you ever seen what Chinese people eat? I simply don't believe most of what was in that video, yes, I think they are lying, or at the very least sensationalizing.

Please tell me what you think Chinese people eat? Do you think they all eat dog?

You said, "This is not a debate..." I disagree, I would debate you on this topic anytime and anywhere because you are wrong in your thinking. It never ceases to amaze me when people support China.

Well, i have lived in China, so i will debate with you about some of your BS points. Have you been to China? Have you been outside of America?

The Chinese government is more evil than the US government by a long shot.

LOL give me a break. Both governments have done bad things, and continue to do bad things. More evil lol how old are you?

I do not support my government, but the people of this country are, by and large, the most giving, generous, kind-hearted people on the planet.

So, you know most people in America? I hate in when people make stupid statements like this. Everyone is an individual. No one can turn around and make a statement like that, its rather stupid.

What happens when tolerance of diverse cultures is promoted is that people start to feel empathy towards people who may be significantly different in the way they live their lives.

what? lol

Also, you may not be aware of this, but Chinese (as are most Asians) are extremely racist. While you are talking about how great they are, they are laughing at you and calling you a mongrel dog. I don't have time for people like that, I learned a long time ago that race has nothing to do with ability.

What a complete load of rubbish. Are you that arragont to think you know how most asians think and feel? I lived in China, and travelled China, and not once did i get racist comments. I found chinese people to be friendly and nice. Like i said before, have you been to China, is that how you came to this conclusion?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The Chinese government/corporations and the US government/corporations are all complicit in this obscenity.

And most of the corporations on both sides are owned by the same stockholders/banks.

Each "government" takes instructions from the corporations.

China's central bank is aligned with all the rest of them just like the federal reserve.

Many corporations common here in the U.S. have retail operations in China.

McDonald's , Starbucks, etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join