It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Free Energy Risk Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What if computers could be bad? What if they couldn't ever be unplugged?

30% of all trades on the London stock exchange are done entirely without human intervention now. Artificial intelligence will skyrocket even more with Siri world wide attention by youth.

If we define what is alive by what can reproduce, there are already programs making programs.

If we define what is alive by what can die, computers die all the time.

NPR said last week that within 1 and 1/2 generations humans will likely be "downloading" their brain activity into computers when they get old. Now will these be copies of us or continuations of us?

Corporations, certainly financial ones, are practically already humanless in much of their "work" and now they legally have "human entity" status.

So... my question is... is this progressive and good? Should we adapt? We will have to or face the consequences, it is not an if, it is a when.

Unless... we can just pull the plugs...

Interesting about plugs and energy... All the energy that we have now is dependent upon humans or intermittent.

Isn't that odd? Many people on ATS have gathered or a realizing that energy is everywhere and can likely be tapped into. It's always seemed ridiculous to have the world using petroleum because the process is so absurd.

What if there were a reason for this insanity? What if it was to give humans time enough to evolve this time to have a chance at controlling computers that could ultimately be destructive?

I realize this sounds so science fiction but life is already imitating this art if in 1 1/2 generations we'll be downloading our brains into silicon robots. edition.cnn.com...

What are your thoughts?

Could gas be a pacing mechanism to help us? Could free energy be a risk?

Isn't this a mind blower?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

It's like the AI movie and iRobot and 2001 all wrapped up into one. Especially if you think about the ethics of turning off or killing a computer.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My thought is there is no real "free energy". It's gotta come from somewhere. And if I don't know the source of the energy I would be leery of getting dependent on it. It will probably turn out the alternate dimension that's having it's energy sucked away may not like it. Or a wall drops, A barrier we didn't even know existed fails and it's suddenly it's the movie From Beyond the non fiction version.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
And she cannot be created or destroyed it can only change from one form to another. Essentially all energy is free or at best borrowed.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
My thought is there is no real "free energy". It's gotta come from somewhere. And if I don't know the source of the energy I would be leery of getting dependent on it. It will probably turn out the alternate dimension that's having it's energy sucked away may not like it. Or a wall drops, A barrier we didn't even know existed fails and it's suddenly it's the movie From Beyond the non fiction version.

Oooh that's good. Especially if it's gravitons or whatever that disappear and come back.

but what about the "limitless energy" that we're already dependent upon and we don't know it?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
And she cannot be created or destroyed it can only change from one form to another. Essentially all energy is free or at best borrowed.

Exactly. So if this energy is there for us to tap into, what's to keep computers from learning to tap into it.

Hello Dave

new topics

top topics

join