It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Air Force Casket Photo Prompts Investigation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When we think about how we treat the troops and then see things like this you have to wonder what they are thinking.

I will say that those that have not been in the armed forces, they do seem to have a form of communication that others may not understand.

So before I fly off the handle someone that was in the armed forces may know what this means. I hope its just not a way to be disrespectful.

The Air Force has launched an investigation into a controversial photo that shows several non-commissioned officers posing with an open casket, in which a fellow airman poses with a noose around his neck and chains over his body.

The Air Force Times received a copy of the photo over email, which includes the caption, "Da Dumpt, Da Dumpt …. Sucks 2 Be U." The casket is similar to those used to transport deceased U.S. soldiers home from the battlefield.

news.yahoo.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There must be some one that knows what the symbology means in this photo. There were so many other ways to be disrespectful, they all seemed to have been sending a message, that maybe only they understood. I hope that they get a chance to tell the Air Force what they were "really" doing.

Peace, NRE,

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

What I see is a bunch of folks just goofing off! Unfortunately, someone sent the pic to the "authorities".
In one of my tech school "class pictures" we have an NCO in an old WWII helmet, lying on the floor. Definitely not something an NCO should be doing, but it was all in fun. And we didn't send the pic to the Air Force Times!
Military tech schools can be very demanding and the info comes at you fast and furious. So sometimes we blow off a little steam. Unfortunately these folks got caught.

In the photo, most of the airmen standing around the transfer case are holding their arms up in the form of an “X,” the signal used on the cargo lines for “stop.” A similar hand motion is used for “cargo load secured,” according to an Air Force instruction. Cargo loaders must often communicate with hand and arm signals because they work in noisy areas.

edit on 16-12-2011 by bjrichardson because: To add the explanation of the arm signal being given in the pic.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I believe this is photoshopped.
Look at the two black guys heads!
They are not proportionate to their bodies...
I read about this yesterday evening and it looked fishy then.

I call [HOAX]...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, if the Army guy that disseminated this photo to the national press really intended to prevent anguish to those families that have lost loved ones than he certainly has a funny way of going about it. If he wanted the anguish prevented he should have sent the photo to his commanders who then could have taken care of the problem within DoD circles. This could have saved the families additional anguish by having to view this picture all over the national news.

The photo is obviously in bad taste...but I question the motives of the Army SSG that disseminated this to news agencies when this could have been handled in-house to save the families of those that have perished any further anguish.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My grandfather died in WW2. If this PHOTO (HOAXED or not) WAKES UP ALL armies, navy, air force worldwide to partake in peaceful duties only - helping in natural disasters - refusing to fight wars - then the world would be safer place.

top topics

join