It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Manipulation (hurricanes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am not too familiar with this subject, only actually read a couple of THREADS started on this board every now and then..

Then along came hurricane Charley that hit Florida and remember someone posting that if Weather Manipulation was possible then what would be the reasons behind letting hit Florida so bad and that the theory behind 'Weather Manipulation' being possible and kept secret by the govt was ridiculous. Hurricane Frances just hit FLORIDA also and it was 3times worse then Hurrican Charley.. Florida has been hit real hard this year and now with the chances of another possible Hurricane hitting it called Hurricane "Ivan' it doesn't look like things are going to get any better for FL. anytime soon.

Well here comes my conspiracy theory behind all that I have written.. what if 'Weather Manipulation' is possible and our govt is purposly doing this to Florida because of election time coming up soon. Florida was the deciding factor during the last election and with all of these storms/hurricanes hitting Florida latley.. It will be extremely difficult for them to get organized in time for ELECTION time, do you think that maybe this will be a waay to steal Florida again? for me its seems pausible..

I'd love to hear your guys opinions.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The world's temperature is rising I dont know if this is caused by humans or if it is just a Natural Cycle. But it is happening and this temperature increase will make these events in Florida happen alot more often.

I think this is due to that fact and not any weather manipulation machine. Its also probably going to get worst before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
man its gotaa be creepy in a hurricane

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by conan
man its gotaa be creepy in a hurricane

okay, I'm sure it is... but how about my post?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I heard that Florida and Texas get hit with 76% of all major hurricanes in the US in an average year. So I guess this year is just keeping up the averages. A couple of months ago, I actually thought some of my relatives were going to move to southern Florida. Now they are talking about the Charleston area instead. I still believe they want to move to Florida but I guess it's hard to find a job down there when everyone keeps evacuating every weekend. If it's any consolation, I believe the East coast of Florida is definitely in the clear from Hurricane Ivan.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm a floridiot, and let me pin this sucker down first of all: the reason why Florida was so piviotal last year was because of all us dummies having trouble punching holes in paper. Yes...after so long in silence, talk of CHADS have returned. But seriously, I doubt this weather manipulation thing is possible. The energy neccessary to create a superstorm like a hurricane is unfathomable, certainly more than an entire country could generate even if all thier power was diverted to the cause. Frances...or Charley...I forget which...unleashed a total amount of energy equivilant to 10,000 thermonuclear bombs while they were active. The energy in one bomb could quite possibly power a city like New York for a long time. I don't know an exact estimate, but somewhere shy of a year probably. It would also certainly be a waste of resources to pound Florida anyway...what do they have to gain by destroying peoples' homes? Frances and Charly are just the products of a warm water year, or possibly global warming. I have an article about storms like them if you would like to read...unfortunately though, it's CNN and it's already been taken off the site. Meh. I'll try and type it up again tomorrow and post it.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Concerning weather modification, I heard of a few different conspiracy theories. One that I heard of involved using low frequency waves to modify the weather. I even heard of one theory that had a foreign government(s) launch hurricanes and storms at the US and try to slip them past a weather modification boundary along the Eastern US. This sounds a bit far fetched to me. Hurricanes are just a fact of life. Of course I did notice how strange it was that hurricane Frances suddenly lost intensity as it approached Florida. No one expected a storm with winds of 145 mph to suddenly drop down to 105 mph before landfall. I suppose hurricane Charley did the exact opposite. It rapidly intensified from around 105 mph to 145 mph before landfall.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
When we can get an accurate weather forcast for more than 24hrs I'll start believing in weather modification. Heck, the brains haven't even figured out all the interactions that make weather work the way it does yet. They send scientific aircraft into all the major storms just to try and finally get enough information to figure the things out.

There's always the chance that someone stumbled on to a way to cause a storm, I suppose. Not likely though, I think.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We have been thinking on this for a spell and here are some ideas on Weather Control:

worldthinktank.net...

worldthinktank.net...

worldthinktank.net...

Does anyone have any comments on these, if so let me know? Because if we can control large hurricanes we can sure save some big bucks on clean up, not to mention lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lance Winslow
Does anyone have any comments on these, if so let me know?

Comment: Bwa-ha-ha-ha

I'm sorry, but that stuff was pretty funny. The lasers, supersonic shockwaves and the like still wouldn't match a fraction of the power of a class 5 hurricane. It would be similar to trying to overload a power grid with a flashlight battery.

See: Why don't we try to destroy tropical cyclones by nuking them? (NOAA FAQ page)

Aside from that, shutting down a hurricane would cause more problems then letting it run its course. A hurricane is one of several natural mechanisms for distributing equatorial heat energy.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No doubt about it, the government can easily manipulate weather, chemtrails are wonderful things which have been used a lot in the past twenty years.

www.willthomas.net...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The EU has been manipulating its wheather for at least 10 years now, for the sole sake of selling more gas and getting more revenue taxes from the gas and oil sales to people. That also forces common people to use more and more air conditioning during summer or heating during winter, due to the more extreme climate rendering the overall population poorer. Additionally the EU uses this type of manipulation for the sake of proving climate change or global warming or whatever other cretin conspiracy theory the EU kommissars produce.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The EU has been manipulating its wheather for at least 10 years now, for the sole sake of selling more gas and getting more revenue taxes from the gas and oil sales to people. That also forces common people to use more and more air conditioning during summer or heating during winter, due to the more extreme climate rendering the overall population poorer. Additionally the EU uses this type of manipulation for the sake of proving climate change or global warming or whatever other cretin conspiracy theory the EU kommissars produce.

Ah, so thats why we keep getting such mild winters and cool summers (today excepted)

Thank you for your insightful and detailed explanation

(btw if the EU is deliberately manipulating the weather I am a 3 legged giraffe with blue balls)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: Flanker86

Ah, so thats why we keep getting such mild winters and cool summers (today excepted)

Thank you for your insightful and detailed explanation

(btw if the EU is deliberately manipulating the weather I am a 3 legged giraffe with blue balls)

I seriously hope you're wrong. I just tried to imagine a 3 legged giraffe with blue balls and it.. scared me.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: W411Eddie

I've been noticing for well over the past 10 yrs that the Weather is never accurate anymore. When it says sunny it's cloudy, when it says thunder and rain storms it's sunny. It's totally inaccurate.

I found this interesting as well.

Weather Channel Founder: Man-Made Global Warming is ‘Baloney’
By Patrick Goodenough | November 2, 2014 | 8:42 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) – On the same day that the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a major new global warming report, John Coleman, a founder of the Weather Channel, appeared on CNN Sunday to reiterate his stance that “climate change is not happening.” Describing himself as a “skeptic,” not a denier – “that is a word meant to put me down” – the veteran weather forecaster told CNN’s “Reliable Sources” that the news network was promoting an inaccurate view on the issue.

cnsnews.com...

top topics

join