It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last secret door of Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Last secret door of Great Pyramid 'to be opened in 2012', says British company

www.dailymai l.co.uk

The secret gates at the heart of the Great Pyramid may be opened for the first time in 2012, a British robot company believes - solving a mystery that has puzzled archaeologists since 1872.
Scoutek UK had already begun exploring behind the gates earlier this year - and produced the first-ever images from behind the gates using a 'micro snake' robot. But the exploration was halted by the recent unrest in Egypt.
Expedition leader Shaun Whitehead said, 'I'm very confident we can resume work in 2012.'

edit on 16-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Corrected title to reflect source title

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seems that 2012 will be a turning point. We wait This news for long time and finally, maybe, in 2012, we will see what other secrets are hidden inside the Great Pyramid of Kufu.

This will solve archaeological puzzle that has remained unsolved from long long time.

When the "stones will speak" all the secrets will be revealed!

Hope.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How do they know it's the last secret door?
Couldn't resist.

I can't seem to find the story on your link, could you double check that? Thanks.

EDIT: Use the link below the quote, not the link in the quote.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
IF they find anything of real interest we won't know.... It will kept from us like all others.

I have always loved Ancient Egyptian history any imo they were more advanced than many give them credit for. I go both ways when it comes to opening tombs.

On one end it's history and we can see it and get basics ideas on how they were, we will never fully know the Ancient Egyptians imo... Then on the other its disturbing the dead and their afterlife beliefs. I guess Im supersticious but I think we should leave their tombs the way they are, but then I go back to its cool to learn about them.... So yea can't make up my mind on that particular topic.

Maybe since everything that has happened there better discoveries will be shared now. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I guess we all have to wait to see what happens.

Regardless of all the 2012 stuff, this is exciting.

I'm interested in what they find (if we ever get to know the truth).
The Pyramids hold the wonder of many people around the world.
Fox News

New revelations on the enduring mystery were already expected this year, following a robot exploration of the 4,500-year-old pharaonic mausoleum.

But unrest in Egypt froze the project at its most promising stage, after it produced the first ever images behind one of the Great Pyramid's mysterious doors.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'The main plan is to carefully survey and document the shafts, to gather as much information as possible to allow archaeologists to determine their purpose. We also still plan to look beyond the blocking stones at the ends of the shafts, if it is safe and practical to do so.'

The four narrow shafts deep inside the 4,500-year-old Great Pyramid have puzzled archaeologists ever since they were first found in 1872.
The shafts are just eight inches across - and thus can't be explored by human explorers. Many experts believe that the shaft was designed to provide an 'exit' for the Pharaoh's spirit into.

edit on 16-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am constantly reminded of Pandora's Box....

Should be interesting... This stuff is simply fascinating!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The door was already breached, behind it is just a small empty chamber before one of the rocks to the outer wall, basically. Here is proof:

My guess is that door was just a blocker so no unwanted sand or dust went into the planned venting tunnel while building, looks like they changed their mind about the tunnel though, and sealed it at the last second.

One thing is interesting though: the handles to that door are made of metal. What metal does not erode in 4000 years? Also, no other metal was ever used in the construction of the pyramid...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Some metal has been found before.

Read this thread on ATS:www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
on the other its disturbing the dead and their afterlife beliefs. I guess Im supersticious but I think we should leave their tombs the way they are, but then I go back to its cool to learn about them.... So yea can't make up my mind on that particular topic.
What seems to be missing from this story is warnings about an ancient curse that will be placed on whoever opens the door!

Isn't that what they said about opening the tomb of Tutenkhamen?

It turns out that really was a 4000 year old curse in the form of ancient dormant spores that modern people didn't have an immunity to or something like that...I forget the details but there was supposedly a scientific explanation for the deaths instead of a mystical one.

Still, you've got to admit it's exciting to see something that hasn't been seen for 4000 years!

Regarding respect for the dead, I think grave robbers are pretty disrespectful, but modern scientific endeavors seem to be more respectful to me and if it was my tomb I personally wouldn't want grave robbers desecrating it, but I'd have no problems with scientists studying it.

link   
If I remember well, some years ago they found (seen) with a micro-camera, bones of a skeleton behind one othe first doors. Is this correct? Any links or update for this news?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I am constantly reminded of Pandora's Box....

Should be interesting... This stuff is simply fascinating!!

Oddly enough that was the first that came to mind when I saw this

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm super interested to find out what's there. It's just too bad that through archaeological process, it will take months of analyzing what they find before they publicly declare what was found. I've worked with archaeologists before, and trust me, it really sucks to say you know something when it's a guess based on no real data. Then, people hold you to your original grandiose statement, and things just keep hitting the fan. Hopefully this will be interesting. The "mysterious" markings on the wall are promising that perhaps this will lead to the journey that the pharaoh must take in the afterlife along the underground river, or perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
What metal does not erode in 4000 years? Also, no other metal was ever used in the construction of the pyramid...
It may be the environment that's responsible more than the metal. When I lived in Ohio I was used to seeing cars look like a rusty mess after a decade with all the rain and salt on the roads. Then I went to Phoenix and saw some really old cars without a hint of rust anywhere. They were made of the same metal, in fact the older metal was less corrosion resistant. Apparently metal can corrode very slowly in a dry place and that part of Egypt has been pretty dry for at least the last 5000 years.

This chunk of mostly iron has been in the desert for 49,000 years and it doesn't look all that bad to me:

en.wikipedia.org...

Had it been in a wet place it wouldn't have lasted 1000 years is my guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Inside they'll find H.P. Lovecraft,
WAIT A MINUTE! the Misfits wrote a song about this....

Lyrics: Buried beneath the statue the answer hides
Enduring throughout the ages
The transmitter lies
Once the chambers open the signal will be sent
To another world... Far beyond the stars

Don't open till Doomsday
Destruction's not far away
Don't open till Doomsday
You may not like what you find inside

We were warned of this coming so long ago
Immortal secrets... man shouldn't know
Entering a realm where we just don't belong
We called them and they're coming

Don't open till Doomsday
Destruction's not far away
Don't open till Doomsday
You may not like what you find inside

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WOW

OP Thank you for this find

Now THIS is what ATS is all about

How exciting!!!!!

I have never been able to swallow that the pyramids were built using only human labor, the math just does not add up; maybe this will shed some more light on exactly what happened

I hope you stay up on this OP and keep us all in the loop

Semper

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks Semperfortis

This is one of the most intriguing archeological discovery.

We must only pray that Dr. Zahi Awass give all the permission for the research.

"Nationalism" in Egypt is a strong force, even inside the Supreme Council of Antiquities.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Gold, brass, copper, silver, nickel or any combination of those wont degrade for a very long time even when exposed to harsh climates

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice...A world war 3 and the secret of illuminati to be revealed.....[SNIP]
edit on 12/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
weeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!! everything is going as expected!!!
So, if this doesn't lead us into chaos and destruction next year, i'm going to sue a few people (starting for ATS doom patrol)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join