It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Makers Already Market Assault Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

"With the federal ban on assault weapons set to expire next Monday, gun manufacturers are marketing military-style firearms and are ready to sell them as soon as Sept. 14 "

Too bad I live where I live or I would have my stuff picked out and paid for by now

Get your Pre-Sales Here

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Dude, let's make a Vegas' run. Kill some bunnies, break down, then re-assemble and sell to some needy soul.

Should provide hours of entertainment. Imagine if the husband with three surnames tries to take control of his household. Die bitch die!

Hahahahahahah

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnnx
Too bad I live where I live or I would have my stuff picked out and paid for by now

CA? You have my deepest sympathies. I am counting the days until I can pick up a collasible stock and threaded upper. Plus, I will earn the title of homicidal machinegunning destroyer of all that is cute and good in the world, at least according to Feinstein and the Brady bunch.

[edit on 9/8/04 by para]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

LANSING, Mich. (AP) � State lawmakers said Tuesday they will introduce legislation to make sure assault-style weapons aren't sold, bought or manufactured in Michigan.

Another one bites the dust,
well almost, they are trying to do it now...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hey man! Get some sleep. The IG is in town tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax...

...for duck huntin'.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sweet! Let's just hope some tightass politician doesn't get gay with our rights.

-edit-

God I hate politicians..............

[edit on 9/8/2004 by verfed]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
4 days 5 hours 10 min and counting

Then ban is stupid IMO it bans guns based on their cosmetic appearence

Folding or telescopic stock
Pistol grip protruding conspicuously beneath the stock
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor or threaded barrel
Grenade launcher

Yeah those things really effect how deadly a gun is. People are killed with bayonets all the time. and 40mm grenades I always here of those used in crimes
No one can get there hands on 40mm Grenades so its stupid they are basically flare launchers.

The Dems dont want to touch this issue in a election year, It will expire

''Democrats took a beating in 1994 due to the vote on the ban. Clinton himself said that his party lost 20 - 21 seats in the House because of it, giving up control to Republicans in the process.''

I cant wait to get some folding stocks

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just posted on this subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wish I didn't live where I do(CT) or I would be out buying a Steyr and an AR-15 on my wifes B-Day

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Just posted on this subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wish I didn't live where I do(CT) or I would be out buying a Steyr and an AR-15 on my wifes B-Day

What about CT I know they have that state list of guns that cant be purchased well atleast new versions like the barrett 50 cal with the 10 shot clip. But I dont think it said anywhere in that law about folding stocks,bayonet mounts etc.. as that was all covered in the assualt weapon ban.

Whats Connecticut making a state law to deal with the assualt weapon ban sunset?

I know you can buy AR-15s in CT as I have bought them there before.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here is the list:

"Assault Weapon" means: Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR 70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88;Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or RN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM-59. SAR-48 and G-3: Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol; or a part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon that may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person. The term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable.

www.nraila.org...

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Fry2]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ah thats just one AR-15 variant there are so many others not on that list. Also if you by pre ban that list does not apply it just stops gunshops from selling new runs of those guns. I have seen preban Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1 for sale in CT.

I never understood the banning of the tommy gun in CT its a collectors piece now and only two states ban it. Plus I think the tommy gun was created in CT in the first place.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
People can you tell me if a real AK-47 is available anywhere when the ban expires?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
People can you tell me if a real AK-47 is available anywhere when the ban expires?

I dont know what state you live in but unless your talking about a select fire ak-47 you should be able to buy a pre-ban AK now. This ban does not deal with that issue it deals with comsmetic issues that make a gun a "assault weapon" Things like a folding stock, bayonet mount,"Pistol grip protruding conspicuously beneath the stock " whatever that means
If the ban expires you will be able to buy rifles with a folding stock and they can come with 30 shot clips again, no full auto

But with proper class3 permits you can buy those now anyway

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Heres a good site that explains the assualt weapon ban

www.awbansunset.com...

Its even got a count down till it expires

4days 3hour 30min

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Aelita

I dont know what state you live in but unless your talking about a select fire ak-47 you should be able to buy a pre-ban AK now.

Oh I see. So there are some AK clones which are not full auto, that are legal (will be legal). All right. Thanks.

Too bad there arent' any "real" AK-47 w/o full auto. I heard the steel and machining was better in the original one.

I remember I was able to strip one in like 8 seconds when I was 16,
and get it assebmled in 15 sec.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah Im sure in Africa you could get a real deal military AK for $25-50 bucks but when it gets here you can expect to pay $15,900 for a transferable military AK.

Nice mark up huh

The semi auto ones do strip just as easy though there not many parts in there. Simple design yet so smart.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Congress will not vote on an assault weapons ban due to expire Monday, ... said Wednesday, rejecting a last-ditch effort by supporters to renew it.

nuff said,

now if we can get the states to declare their laws unconstitutional

You can get a Romanian AK for about 3-400$ new, russian built are more expensive, and then they go up from there

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is great news. I remember after the ban was passed even after the efforts of the NRA to explain to the idiotic liberals why the ban made no sense because it did not address the actions of the weapons in question but rather the cosmetic features, liberals were all over the news whining about the fact that manufacturers were removing enough of the offending features to keep selling their weapons. Well, duh.

Just how dense can you be?

Does this affect the high capacity magazine ban?

Join the NRA!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Does this affect the high capacity magazine ban?

Yes, as a non LEO, you can buy magazines manufactured after September 13, 2004 in excess of 10 rounds. Same thing applies for handguns, I believe, so you can full capacity magazines for USPs and other handguns that were produced after the ban was passed.

That is at the federal level though, so check your state's gun laws before going out and buying any:

www.nraila.com...

[edit on 9/9/04 by para]

top topics

join