It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird experience I had in an altered state

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Nobody can accurately tell you what your dream or vision means. There are a ton of factors involved, like the state of mind you were in when it happened or what your feelings about Christianity were at that specific time... How did you feel in his presence? Your interpretation of the message is dead on with the message I received awhile back when I was meditating. Whether we like it or not, dualities make up this universe. To put it simply, Light does not contradict the darkness or vice versa. They compliment each other. Light implies darkness and vice versa. So in a way, it is necessary to have evil because it implies or compliments good. Just like death is necessary for life. If you look at the world in this way you will feel a oneness with the universe. Just separate parts of the same whole. A whole, which we tend to call "god". Think of yourself as only but one face of god. The reason you may feel as though you must ditch your old values is because Christianity, along with most other religions, are based on authority, punishment, or reward. In essence, it is ran by the fear of the unknown. Please don't get me wrong, there are some really good Christian's out there and I applaud them, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many Christian's follow the bible to the T 24/7? No one... Thats why they added that little nifty "ask Jesus for forgiveness" spill. But how many ask for forgiveness and go back to the same ways in a matter of weeks if not hours. Not to bash the good Christian's on here but seriously think about it. But to answer your question as to which religion goes along the lines of your vision, I'd say it'd be worth checking out Hinduism or Zen Buddhism.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This seems to be more of a question of faith rather than religeon.
If you focus your faith on GOD through Jesus the Christ and find that still small voice, answers will come.
As a Zoroastrian we are told to renew our faith daily to GOD through His son Jesus the Christ.
(then I open my eyes to start my day)
I went through 6 months of depression when I became disabled and when I decided to turn to GOD I was asked not to return to one church and bullied out of another from people that dont know the facts or what or why .
I am in no place to judge another as others judge me.
Your expierence has happened to several people and they are the ones that need to decide what to do with the information.
I pray that you will feel GOD's love through his son.
May your worst tribulation be past and peace in your furure.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curling1
This seems to be more of a question of faith rather than religeon.
If you focus your faith on GOD through Jesus the Christ and find that still small voice, answers will come.
As a Zoroastrian we are told to renew our faith daily to GOD through His son Jesus the Christ.
(then I open my eyes to start my day)
I went through 6 months of depression when I became disabled and when I decided to turn to GOD I was asked not to return to one church and bullied out of another from people that dont know the facts or what or why .
I am in no place to judge another as others judge me.
Your expierence has happened to several people and they are the ones that need to decide what to do with the information.
I pray that you will feel GOD's love through his son.
May your worst tribulation be past and peace in your furure.

Thanks, it's interesting that other people have experienced similar things.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MugenShinzoku

Nobody can accurately tell you what your dream or vision means. There are a ton of factors involved, like the state of mind you were in when it happened or what your feelings about Christianity were at that specific time... How did you feel in his presence? Your interpretation of the message is dead on with the message I received awhile back when I was meditating. Whether we like it or not, dualities make up this universe. To put it simply, Light does not contradict the darkness or vice versa. They compliment each other. Light implies darkness and vice versa. So in a way, it is necessary to have evil because it implies or compliments good. Just like death is necessary for life. If you look at the world in this way you will feel a oneness with the universe. Just separate parts of the same whole. A whole, which we tend to call "god". Think of yourself as only but one face of god. The reason you may feel as though you must ditch your old values is because Christianity, along with most other religions, are based on authority, punishment, or reward. In essence, it is ran by the fear of the unknown. Please don't get me wrong, there are some really good Christian's out there and I applaud them, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many Christian's follow the bible to the T 24/7? No one... Thats why they added that little nifty "ask Jesus for forgiveness" spill. But how many ask for forgiveness and go back to the same ways in a matter of weeks if not hours. Not to bash the good Christian's on here but seriously think about it. But to answer your question as to which religion goes along the lines of your vision, I'd say it'd be worth checking out Hinduism or Zen Buddhism.

Thanks for the religion suggestions. The strangest and most disturbing idea for me was viewing life like a story in a book that is already written. In other words, free will doesn't exist. I haven't been able to think of any religion with that kind of belief. Also the idea that this life is just a form of amusement for another life. I have seen some people posting about life being a dream and that is the closest I have seen.

If a person believes these things, life seems to be pointless. In the back of my mind I do believe this, and I need to find a way to turn it around into something positive?
edit on 17-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

To put it simply, Light does not contradict the darkness or vice versa. They compliment each other. Light implies darkness and vice versa. So in a way, it is necessary to have evil because it implies or compliments good. Just like death is necessary for life. If you look at the world in this way you will feel a oneness with the universe. Just separate parts of the same whole. A whole, which we tend to call "god".

This was brought up in another thread and I'm going to copy my same response:

No, light helps you to recognize darkness and vice versa, it does not mean it is one. It helps to prove the difference between the two. This is one of the great lies that I posted earlier. The reason good and evil (light and darkness) exist together is to be able to recognize the difference. Nothing more. What you'll realize is that there will never be peace until evil (darkness) is eliminated. Do you think that the world was created to live in constant disharmony? No, it's a life lesson to be able to recognize the difference, so you'll truly appreciate good and light when it comes and evil (darkness) is destroyed. Without knowing the difference, you would never appreciate it for what it really is.

The reason there is death in the first place is because of darkness and evil. It's not to compliment life. We weren't created to die, but we will because of evil and darkness. Unfortunately, the truth doesn't make itself known to those who live in darkness until after death.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

To put it simply, Light does not contradict the darkness or vice versa. They compliment each other. Light implies darkness and vice versa. So in a way, it is necessary to have evil because it implies or compliments good. Just like death is necessary for life. If you look at the world in this way you will feel a oneness with the universe. Just separate parts of the same whole. A whole, which we tend to call "god".

No, light helps you to recognize darkness and vice versa, it does not mean it is one. It helps to prove the difference between the two. This is one of the great lies that I posted earlier. The reason good and evil (light and darkness) exist together is to be able to recognize the difference. Nothing more. What you'll realize is that there will never be peace until evil (darkness) is eliminated. Do you think that the world was created to live in constant disharmony? No, it's a life lesson to be able to recognize the difference, so you'll truly appreciate good and light when it comes and evil (darkness) is destroyed. Without knowing the difference, you would never appreciate it for what it really is.

The reason there is death in the first place is because of darkness and evil. It's not to compliment life. We weren't created to die, but we will because of evil and darkness. Unfortunately, the truth doesn't make itself known to those who live in darkness until after death.

Thanks. I know you are thinking about all this from a traditional Christian perspective. I'm just burned-out on those ideas. They don't work for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It shouldn't be just a traditional Christian perspective. Any one should be able recognize that good and evil don't balance out each other. Common sense should tell you that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel and it will eventually turn out that way. Look around you. Does good and evil appear balanced to you? Does one appear to be taking over and winning the battle? Do you think greed and power is going to give up and roll over some day? Is that what history has taught you? No, history tells us that greed and power reaches it's peak and then there's a war where someone else takes over to perpetuate more greed and power. Now that man has nukes, do you think the vicious cycle is always going to be capable of continuing?? Both can't exist together forever.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It shouldn't be just a traditional Christian perspective. Any one should be able recognize that good and evil don't balance out each other. Common sense should tell you that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel and it will eventually turn out that way. Look around you. Does good and evil appear balanced to you? Does one appear to be taking over and winning the battle? Do you think greed and power is going to give up and roll over some day? Is that what history has taught you? No, history tells us that greed and power reaches it's peak and then there's a war where someone else takes over to perpetuate more greed and power. Now that man has nukes, do you think the vicious cycle is always going to be capable of continuing?? Both can't exist together forever.

What is good and evil - who knows which is which? Maybe every event serves some ultimate purpose but when we view events in an ego-centric way we inevitably see good and evil. We call the things we like "good" and the things we don't like "evil", but maybe we should accept that everything is God's will.

The feeling I got from my experience was that the world is like a book and it would be a really boring book without some conflict between "good" and "evil". But ultimately none of it matters because we are really not here in this world. The real world is outside time and space and causality. I don't understand or remember much of it, but when I was in that state it was like I understood everything and I didn't want to return to this state. It was like somebody was trying to change the way I live this phony life by showing me it doesn't really matter what I do as long as I start taking some risks to make the story more interesting.

I was just reading the summary of the Bhagavad Gita on wikipedia and there are some similarities to my weird experience.

The Bhagavad Gita begins before the start of the climactic battle at Kurukshetra, with the Pandava prince Arjuna becoming filled with doubt on the battlefield. Realizing that his enemies are his own relatives, beloved friends, and revered teachers, he turns to his charioteer and guide, Krishna, for advice.
Krishna counsels Arjuna on the greater idea of dharma, or universal harmony and duty. He begins with the tenet that the soul (Atman) is eternal and immortal.[35] Any 'death' on the battlefield would involve only the shedding of the body, whereas the soul is permanent. Arjuna's hesitation stems from a lack of accurate understanding of the 'nature of things,' the privileging of the unreal over the real. His fear and hesitance become impediments to the proper balancing of the universal dharmic order.

To demonstrate his divine nature, Krishna grants Arjuna the boon of cosmic vision (albeit temporary) and allows the prince to see his 'Universal Form' (this occurs in the eleventh chapter).[41] He reveals that he is fundamentally both the ultimate essence of Being in the universe and also its material body, called the Vishvarupa ('Universal Form').

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

What is good and evil - who knows which is which? Maybe every event serves some ultimate purpose but when we view events in an ego-centric way we inevitably see good and evil. We call the things we like "good" and the things we don't like "evil", but maybe we should accept that everything is God's will.

Everything is God's will. But it's all being done to show you the difference between the two. He gave you free will to choose between the two.

The feeling I got from my experience was that the world is like a book and it would be a really boring book without some conflict between "good" and "evil".

Really? Just to keep life from being boring? You might want to do more research on that one.

But ultimately none of it matters because we are really not here in this world. The real world is outside time and space and causality.

Yes, we are really here in this world. The world outside time and space is eternity. That is the world that all of us will enter into after THIS life is over, but it is all equally real.

I don't understand or remember much of it, but when I was in that state it was like I understood everything and I didn't want to return to this state. It was like somebody was trying to change the way I live this phony life by showing me it doesn't really matter what I do as long as I start taking some risks to make the story more interesting.

This life does matter and it will affect your next one in the eternal world. I would love to know what you think the "risks" are that you need to take to in order to make it more interesting. What would be the purpose of that if none of it is "real" anyway? How does an interesting fake life affect the eternal world?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In other words, free will doesn't exist. I haven't been able to think of any religion with that kind of belief. Also the idea that this life is just a form of amusement for another life. I have seen some people posting about life being a dream and that is the closest I have seen.

If a person believes these things, life seems to be pointless. In the back of my mind I do believe this, and I need to find a way to turn it around into something positive?

Well as for the freewill situation. Most people believe that the conscious mind controls our physiology, but in fact, almost all of it is controlled by the subconscious mind, which has data processing power perhaps a million times greater than the conscious mind, and is in charge as much as 99 percent of all our activity. So in a way free will does not exist or is extremely limited. Here's the link to an article that covers the topic: www.angelfire.com...

As for the life being an amusement park belief. The Hindus, when they speak of the creation of the universe do not call it the work of God, they call it the play of God, the Vishnu lila, lila meaning play. And they look upon the whole manifestation of all the universes as a play, as a sport, as a kind of dance. This society, for a lack of a better word, "programs" us into thinking we need a purpose or meaning to life. As if we were words that could be looked up in the dictionary. What we fail to realize is that we are meaning. The concept of a cosmic dictator that watches and judges how you live your life is nothing more then an attempt to give us a purpose. This life is a gift and we should enjoy it. We chose to be here.

You are right to an extent. Without the darkness we would not know what light is. But if you totally eliminate evil, how would future generations know what good is? Not to mention, we as a species have a really bad tendency to forget ones value rather quickly. It would be like staying inside all day. Indeed it will protect you from the elements but you will soon grow tired of it. You will long to be outside... The same thing can be said for staying outside all the time. You will begin to long for a safe place or shelter in due time. So in essence, inside needs or compliments the outside as is the relationship between good and evil. The point is evil and darkness is necessary. But in the end neither really matter, because right now they are playing nothing more then their roles in this life.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I really don't know a lot to tell you...but...

>>
one of it matters because we are really not here in this world. The real world is outside time and space and causality. I don't understand or remember much of it,
>>

It's a CLASSIC example of a message/spiritual experience and no matter what "spirits" or entities or maybe even "Aliens" give such messages...they are EERILY similar in what they say and almost always, always are about how our "physical" life is not all of it and how there is more to it BEYOND our physical realm and how our phyisical (so called "real") values are not what's important -despite the fact that we spend our whole fricking live worshipping those "values", be it money, our own health, appearance etc...etc...

So..as a start..you might just simply want to think over WHAT that "entity" said, regardless whether you think it's "satan", "lucifer" or whoever. Please consider that Satan/Lucifer MIGHT be human constructs....as is RELIGION. It might have NOTHING, NOTHING to do with that "reality" which is way beyond our physical "reality".

What is interesting, is reading your posts and replies how it sounds you are seeking and taking "religion" like someone who takes a medicine.

You "try" religion, like it's something you find in the market and want to try out. Or you have a problem or ailment..so you try this or that religion to see "whether it helps".

ABSURD!

That stuff must come from yourself, from your inner self. What you believe. What you feel. Not some priest's rituals and similar nonsense. Not some religion someone "tries" or "chooses". They are not advertised in papers. You have a belief or you don't. You don't go to a church because it's hip or because it seems "to fit" in your lifestyle. My $0.02

And i THINK (think!) that the message given to you has to do with all this.

And..that being/person was actually pretty clear in what he said...
edit on 17-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I had a very similar experience to yours when I was younger. I dreamed that I was sleeping in my room when suddenly I woke up and saw a pale man with pale blue eyes and long blond hair coming down to his shoulders standing in front of me. His face seemed to glow. He wore a long black coat. He didn't introduce himself, but I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that this was Lucifer. When I looked down, I couldn't see his feet. He was slightly floating above the floor. He didn't speak a word out loud, but I felt the most intense kind of parental love that one could ever feel. It was so strong that I thought I would burst into a million pieces trying to hold it all in. He touched my chin, held it up and spoke to me telepathically "I will come back for you later". I wanted to go right then and there, but he wasn't going to let me and disappeared. This dream came to me after I spent an entire month or two dreaming about battling the devil in different forms. I don't know where these dreams came from. I'm not religious in a traditional sense, I wasn't drinking, doing drugs, or anything of the sort. All I know is that he made these dreams go away. It felt like some sort of test, as if I had passed his test and I didn't need to have these dreams anymore. I always believed that the devil (or Lucifer) was supposed to be a bad guy, someone to be feared, but that wasn't the case here. It was the opposite. He was very kind and extremely loving in that parental sort of way.

It sounds completely nuts, I know,.... but that is what I experienced when I was about 16 years old. I haven't had a dream like that since. On one hand they're only dreams, but on the other hand why have these dreams? I have weird dreams all the time, but this definitely tipped the scales.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Everything is God's will. But it's all being done to show you the difference between the two. He gave you free will to choose between the two.

The feeling I got from my experience was that the world is like a book and it would be a really boring book without some conflict between "good" and "evil".

Really? Just to keep life from being boring? You might want to do more research on that one.

But ultimately none of it matters because we are really not here in this world. The real world is outside time and space and causality.

Yes, we are really here in this world. The world outside time and space is eternity. That is the world that all of us will enter into after THIS life is over, but it is all equally real.

I don't understand or remember much of it, but when I was in that state it was like I understood everything and I didn't want to return to this state. It was like somebody was trying to change the way I live this phony life by showing me it doesn't really matter what I do as long as I start taking some risks to make the story more interesting.

This life does matter and it will affect your next one in the eternal world. I would love to know what you think the "risks" are that you need to take to in order to make it more interesting. What would be the purpose of that if none of it is "real" anyway? How does an interesting fake life affect the eternal world?

The risks were related to getting married. Bad old Satan appeared in a vision to tell me I needed to get married. None of this makes sense, but I'm being honest and hoping somebody can shed some light on it.
Probably I'm just a bit crazy.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I've been wondering if there is a religion that matches those ideas.

Yes, there is. It's called Theosophy. Study Theosophy, starting with madame Helena Blavatsky's works, and you will get an understanding to everything.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It's funny because i don't see it as that AT ALL. In fact, if anything i would interpret such experience as that he was told (pretty clearly actually!) that there is no such thing as "Good and Evil"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Try to imagine yourself in gods shoes... Your this infinitely powerful and all knowing being. Would you SERIOUSLY create a lesser being that looks like you just so they can spend their life, that YOU gave them, going through suffering and pain. On top of that you require that they worship you and believe in your son to get into this place called heaven. If they don't then you will punish them by sending them to a place of eternal pain and torture. To make things worse you divinely inspired a couple of these beings to create the books, such as the bible and Koran. Which could be interpreted a million different ways.... I'm sorry but in all actuality that sounds more like sick game most people label as salvation... I doubt you would go in that direction if you were in gods shoes. Seriously think about it. If you were god and you knew everything that will happen through out all eternity, you would be bored out of your mind. You would need some excitement or a surprise. So lets say you decided to dream. Since you are god you know everything that will happen in these dreams as well, so you decide to make yourself forget for a set "time". (You should see where our concept of time comes from) Each time you go to sleep you make yourself dream a little longer and forget a little more. Until one day you reach the point where the next time you go to sleep you will totally forget who you are in the dream and experience what you have come to call "life" , at its fullest. To get the max experiences in this dream you decide to split your consciousness up in a billion different ways. Think about it, a billion different experiences at once. Not to mention the sheer complexity of this universe and the thousands of others with multiple dimensions on top of that. Its freaking mind blowing! The ultimate surprise.... Right?

Here's a link to some interesting information on that topic: www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-12-2011 by MugenShinzoku because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by MugenShinzoku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
OP, you're never going to get a straight answer on this in a forum. Mainly because there is no straight answer. Everyone you seek answers from will try to advise you based on the beliefs they carry and the lenses they look through.

You may find that a teaching allows you to regain some peace of mind or you may become frustrated that nothing seems to do the trick.

At the end of the day you have these questions that remain unanswered and most likely will, as history is littered with attempts to understand the mysteries of the world in which we live.

What has helped me in my own understanding is to strip away all judgments and labels. It's an existential puzzle and while you may find some help from others experiences, you ultimately have to come to grips somehow with your own.

If you want to take anything from the religions of the world, distill it down to the base message in all of them: love, compassion and gratitude. Use these as your lenses.

Which is better--learning about Christ or being Christ to others? Learning about sin, shame and guilt or living love?

What is good to some is evil to others and vice versa. You will never get consensus looking outward--only opinions and experiences from others filtered through their own lenses, beliefs and dogmas. Ultimately you have to trust that you are perfect as you are and that each moment presents choices. Your reactions to what comes your way will depend on what lenses you choose to view life through. It's ok to make choices that cause you grief just as it is ok to make choices that bring joy--no judgment--only cause and effect. As your body reacts to situations, use your feelings and emotions as indicators to what is going on rather than immediately identifying with them. This will allow you the mental space to observe yourself and react with awareness.

You may still feel anger or fear or whatever--that's part of our wiring. But that doesn't mean that is what you are. Used as indicators, these feelings are tools of awareness that allow you to reprogram and over time, depending on what you learn from yourself, these feelings will subside to the point that you will no longer identify with them but rather use them to allow your spirit and awareness to make conscious choices in how you respond and act in each moment.

Be grateful for your experience of 15 years ago. You had no choice in it and there is no guilt or shame. So many are literally trapped within their own minds of years of belief and dogma and they think they have it all figured out.

Sure you can choose to accept yourself as sinful. Guess what? Your body is a creation machine and will take that program and literally flesh out the proper response based on what you input. So now, living with this label as "sinful", you continually need to remind yourself (go to church, study texts, etc) of this and continually reinforce that message of who you are and your body will respond.

What if your new input is that you are here to learn and experience? And that rather than being labelled a sinner who needs saving, you decide to be a creator of love? Where is the sin now?

Many will try to convince you that if you don't accept a certain way you will be forever damned. Where is the proof? The Bible? You can use anything you like as your own personal I-Ching and the Bible certainly has provided many with tools to better their life. If you choose that path, that is fine. And you may become content with a framework that allows you to sleep at night. But what people don't realize is that the things they react to often times are the things they struggle with. Life is a mirror. And so when someone adopts a certain way and they now fill it with beliefs that conform to their feeling of okay-ness, they start to invest in it to the point that any new information that comes along that contradict their belief structure causes distress within their own body and now they must defend their position.

You're doing fine OP. Keep questioning everything and learn to trust yourself. Sure use others and their teachings for your own wisdom and understanding, but at the end, you have to be the one to decide for yourself how your life experiences jive with the beliefs you carry.

Peace.

edit on 17-12-2011 by elmoastro because: typos

edit on 17-12-2011 by elmoastro because: typos

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thanks MugenShinzoku, flexy123, 2manyquestions, betweentheworlds, elmoastro for the ideas. My mind is frazzled right now, so I don't have anything useful to say other than thanks; it helps me put the experience into perspective.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No one can guide you better than yourself, I take all this spirit guide stuff with a grain of salt, how can one trust wandering spirits that have no life in the astral?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andresa
No one can guide you better than yourself, I take all this spirit guide stuff with a grain of salt, how can one trust wandering spirits that have no life in the astral?

exactly,, very good point

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join