It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird experience I had in an altered state

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This happened about 15 years ago. My eyes were shut, because I was trying to go to sleep. Anyway, I saw this white light entity that identified himself as Satan or Lucifer or something (I can't remember the name). He seemed to be a very angelic good person and was trying to tell me things to get me to change the direction of my life. It was like I was outside the universe looking at my life past and future like it was a book. I felt like I understood everything and I was praying to him to let me stay in that state of understanding everything. But he told me I would go back to normal and not be able to remember. He told me I was going to continue down the wrong path until I would come back to that state again much later in my life after I was old and bitter. Then when I came out of that state, I felt really disturbed and prayed to God that he would help me forget.

I don't know what that entity was, but I think it was something trying to guide me. I think it was trying to tell me that my traditional values were keeping me from seeing the truth. I remember part of the message was that the universe needs evil to balance the good. It was telling me I was living my life too fearfully, and I needed to take more risks or I was going to have some bad times. Interestingly a couple of years after that experience everything in my life fell apart. Now I'm older and bitter, so I wonder if I'm going to get back into that altered state somehow.

Also the entity told me that cause and effect and time and life is an illusion.

Anybody have any thoughts on that? I was raised as a Christian, so it really bothered me. I've been wondering if there is a religion that matches those ideas.
edit on 16-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
you dont have to sell your soul - you can give it away too
or you can keep it and do what the light leads you to - light always leads to dark and dark always leads to light

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes, if an entity says it's the devil, it's the devil. I understand that you would ask God to let you forget it, but perhaps it is best that you draw your conclusions and remember it so he doesn't try to use the same enticement on you again. Whatever he offers isn't worth the price.

It is quite an act that they can "seem" so nice when in reality they despise you and want you to suffer forever. If he stuck around, thank God he didn't, and you called his bluff he would have lost his sweet demeanor. The devil is a liar that will promise anything.

As a Christian, I am aware that you already know these things. Just want to let you know I believe you. I've had my experiences with one, too. Really don't want to talk about it.

For anyone who has been told by one that it's too late, meaning God won't take you back - don't buy it! God loves you and everything is forgivable.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Whatever the experience was, was meant for you to decipher. Christianity is a new religion and has a lot of dogma and falsities because as all religions its manmade. Religion also causes division between peoples everywhere, just like politics, race, etc. .

I cannot tell you what that meant to YOU because it didn't happen to me. Find out who YOU are, don't focus on the past, or the future just the present and be happy where you are now. You are not in the past or future, we are living today, this hour this minute. Everyone's destiny is different so their life and spiritual experiences will be unique to themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe it will help you to read over this list of common lies that Satan would like for you to believe. This one in particular....

"3- He cannot stand an awareness of open spiritual conflict. This is why we have spent so much time studying alliances these past few lessons. Satan doesn't want us to know who the enemy really is. He doesn't want us to know what the issues really are. He doesn't want us to know that the issues are the pulling down of spiritual strongholds. He doesn't want us to know that good and evil cannot coexist. He doesn't want us to know that we cannot trust the enemy, which is him. You are supposed to reprove a liar. You don't listen to a liar, you flee from him."

dtm.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I tried the Christianity path about 3 years ago, but it seemed to be a waste of time and effort. I think either I am supposed to completely give up everything I think I know (like Christianity) and start over with a blank sheet, or I'm NOT supposed to do that. When I started attending church again 3 years ago, many scary paranormal things happened. At first I thought that was a sign I was doing the right thing, but after lots of effort and no results as a Christian I began to think it was all a trick to keep me from finding the truth elsewhere. I've always suspected the entity I was talking to was my own spiritual self or my subconscious mind.

I prefer being an atheist so I don't need to worry about any of this. Sorry I'm rambling.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

I prefer being an atheist so I don't need to worry about any of this. ..

Well, that ought to make your entity very happy.

Our parish priest was raised Jewish, became an atheist and intellectually arrived at the point where he believes in God. He became a Catholic and joined the priesthood.

You just never know where seeking the truth will take you.

I, too, quit going to church and had quite an attack (poltergeist and voices) when I started going back. Unlike you, I decided that i was going to fight back by renewing and strengthening my relationship with God. I have been prayed over by renewal teams several times and know that my demon is not going to let go. I am not possessed. I have what is called demonic oppression. I read a couple books by Gabriel Amorth, a renown exorcist which were very helpful in understanding what I was up against. . And here I wasn't going to talk about it.... Long story short, the more I pray the weaker it's power.

Two of the devil's favorite tools are despair and doubt. He gets on you like a cheap suit when you are going through those things.

Hoping the best for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I tried the Christianity path about 3 years ago, but it seemed to be a waste of time and effort. I think either I am supposed to completely give up everything I think I know (like Christianity) and start over with a blank sheet, or I'm NOT supposed to do that. When I started attending church again 3 years ago, many scary paranormal things happened. At first I thought that was a sign I was doing the right thing, but after lots of effort and no results as a Christian I began to think it was all a trick to keep me from finding the truth elsewhere. I've always suspected the entity I was talking to was my own spiritual self or my subconscious mind.

I prefer being an atheist so I don't need to worry about any of this. Sorry I'm rambling.

Are you willing to share about the "scary paranormal things"?

Could it be that you prefer being an atheist because that's when the "scary paranormal things" leave you alone?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I prefer being an atheist so I don't need to worry about any of this. ..

Well, that ought to make your entity very happy.

Our parish priest was raised Jewish, became an atheist and intellectually arrived at the point where he believes in God. He became a Catholic and joined the priesthood.

You just never know where seeking the truth will take you.

I, too, quit going to church and had quite an attack (poltergeist and voices) when I started going back. Unlike you, I decided that i was going to fight back by renewing and strengthening my relationship with God. I have been prayed over by renewal teams several times and know that my demon is not going to let go. I am not possessed. I have what is called demonic oppression. I read a couple books by Gabriel Amorth, a renown exorcist which were very helpful in understanding what I was up against. . And here I wasn't going to talk about it.... Long story short, the more I pray the weaker it's power.

Two of the devil's favorite tools are despair and doubt. He gets on you like a cheap suit when you are going through those things.

Hoping the best for you.

Thanks. To be honest I am so confused I don't know what to do. I don't even know what really happened and what only seemed to happen. Assuming that my memories are not delusion, I was on vacation and a pushy stranger gave me a copy of the Bhagavad Gita for some reason. I tossed it in the trash, because I was planning to start going to church again. Then on the airplane ride while disembarking somebody mentioned to a friend something about worshiping the devil and I suddenly felt so weak and sick I barely had the strength to walk. And then I had a bad couple of weeks with scary paranormal activity. It stopped fairly quickly, but ever now and then something weird would happen. For example I had a hallucination during communion. And I had a cross that disappeared when I was angry at God and then reappeared when I apologized. You would think that would help my faith, but it actually hurt my faith. It's hard to explain.

I tried very hard to be a Christian by attending church, etc. for a couple of years, but it was mostly out of fear. My priest was really bad (I think) - so bad that I doubt if he is a Christian. Imagine the worst most deceitful televangelist and that was my priest. Eventually I couldn't take any more of it. Christianity seemed to be wrong somehow and my priest was a phony.

I keep wondering if I'm supposed to be a Hindu or a Buddhist. Or maybe that is what I'm NOT supposed to do. That's why I've been doing nothing the last several months.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
if opposites is what balance universe then universe is not true, not really existing

it is easy to take smthg and pull it from different side shaking its balance while it would move as real

if the universe is not real by itself fact then everyone is worried about themselves free conscious out of it

which is clear how only evil means ones are living by abusing till worse end right ones, how there is no balance at all there while it is the only reality of facts

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Are you willing to share about the "scary paranormal things"?

Could it be that you prefer being an atheist because that's when the "scary paranormal things" leave you alone?

It was just your standard poltergeist activity and some or all of it was probably fear exaggerating normal things into paranormal. It only lasted a couple of weeks and started dissipating.

But the experience poisoned my feelings about religion and spirituality with fear. That's probably why I feel happier as an atheist. Christianity never felt like a "religion" until after this happened. Now I keep wondering who this God is that we're worshipping in church. How do I know he isn't the bad guy? Why all this talk about blood and sacrifice?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You tried to become a Christian by "attending church", where you met this evil minded pastor. Maybe you need to find your own path and don't worry about going to church. Think about what Christianity means to You. No pastor is gonna pat you on the head at the end of your life and say "job well done". There's only one person you need to answer to, and that's what you need to worry about. Part of being a Christian in todays world is realizing that most self proclaimed "Christians" are failing God big time. And you don't need to be a part of that pitfall. Don't follow the flock, find the real truth. Personally I find most so called Christians Very judgemental. And unwilling to help the needy other than with a small cash donation. But no donation of their own time and energy working directly with the needy. I consider myself "needy" most of the time, but there are always those who are More needy. Like homeless people. And those who do help, fail to give the glory to God. Instead feeling good about themselves and accepting praise from their fellow man for their good works.

I guess those would be my 3 main qualms with self proclaimed Christians. Judgemental. Don't wanna help. When they do help, steal Gods glory. Oh, and praying all loud all the time and being all showy about their faith. The bible says something about people who praise and pray all loud hoping others will notice them. Only one person needs to notice you, and your actions speak loud enough. Only speak the words when you truly mean them. And speak to Him, not the crowd.

Not that I judge anyone. What I see someone do is just a fraction of their life, and they could have a revelation and turn it all around the moment I look away, also my perception can't always be trusted because you never truly know someone's intentions. I just know what the bible says about everyone "doing it wrong" towards the last days. So I don't try to be like the overwhelming masses who give Christianity a bad name. I just see what appears to be wrong, and try to direct my own life with that information. Try to be the remnant, who truly humbles yourself and who treats all of gods children with love. When you feed a hungry person, you feed god. When you turn away someone asking for help, you turn away God himself.

That's my basic advice for anyone struggling with Christianity. I hope it wasn't too long
of course I could go on lol

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

You tried to become a Christian by "attending church", where you met this evil minded pastor. Maybe you need to find your own path and don't worry about going to church. Think about what Christianity means to You. No pastor is gonna pat you on the head at the end of your life and say "job well done". There's only one person you need to answer to, and that's what you need to worry about. Part of being a Christian in todays world is realizing that most self proclaimed "Christians" are failing God big time. And you don't need to be a part of that pitfall. Don't follow the flock, find the real truth. Personally I find most so called Christians Very judgemental. And unwilling to help the needy other than with a small cash donation. But no donation of their own time and energy working directly with the needy. I consider myself "needy" most of the time, but there are always those who are More needy. Like homeless people. And those who do help, fail to give the glory to God. Instead feeling good about themselves and accepting praise from their fellow man for their good works.

I guess those would be my 3 main qualms with self proclaimed Christians. Judgemental. Don't wanna help. When they do help, steal Gods glory. Oh, and praying all loud all the time and being all showy about their faith. The bible says something about people who praise and pray all loud hoping others will notice them. Only one person needs to notice you, and your actions speak loud enough. Only speak the words when you truly mean them. And speak to Him, not the crowd.

Not that I judge anyone. What I see someone do is just a fraction of their life, and they could have a revelation and turn it all around the moment I look away, also my perception can't always be trusted because you never truly know someone's intentions. I just know what the bible says about everyone "doing it wrong" towards the last days. So I don't try to be like the overwhelming masses who give Christianity a bad name. I just see what appears to be wrong, and try to direct my own life with that information. Try to be the remnant, who truly humbles yourself and who treats all of gods children with love. When you feed a hungry person, you feed god. When you turn away someone asking for help, you turn away God himself.

That's my basic advice for anyone struggling with Christianity. I hope it wasn't too long
of course I could go on lol

Thanks, I think that is good advice. If I start down the Christian path again, I think I need to start-over and try a very different approach similar to your suggestions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had a very similar experience when I was a teenager spent some time 'trying to give Christianity a chance",
studied the bible relentlessly until I no longer believed it ,became an Atheist.

recently I was minding my own Atheist business reading the Book of Enoch,and ran smack dab into Jesus of all people! Enoch is a magnificent book everyone should read it. Any way it goes like this,

The Book of Enoch Chapter 46:1-2 [1] There I beheld the Ancient of days whose head was like white wool, and with him another, whose countenance resembled that of a man. His countenance was full of grace, like that of one of the holy angels. Then I inquired of one of the angels, who went with me, and who showed me every secret thing, concerning this Son of man; who he was; whence he was; and why he accompanied the Ancient of days. [2] He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwealt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness."

so then I had this new perception of Jesus(Son of Man) as an eternal being who is happy! and I understood everything like Enoch said . Now everything is different clearer more real ,lots more fun ! now I'm not conflicted or confused all my Atheist questions are answered ,all my Christian questions are answered . But that doesn't mean I know everything !

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's too bad you had a phony that drove you away from your church. Personally, I need to be fed spiritually. I got myself all sorts of messed up with my beliefs when I stopped going to church. I am grateful for the awesome priests we have. I would feel so bad about myself if didn't have them to turn to when I needed guidance.

I hope you don't give up on God because of what someone did that turned you off. If you don't like your priest or minister I recommend finding one to whom you can relate or at least a good friend that loves the Lord.

Not dwelling on what did or didn't happen with this entity will help your peace of mind. Turn all those thoughts over to the Lord and what a burden will be lifted. I've been there and I have to do the same thing.

I went through a bit of hell, but that helped me to get closer to God. Hope you have a wonderful revelation of God's love for you. Nobody loves like He does!

"To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek Him, the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement." - St. Augustine

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Great post. You made my day.
Love your name!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady.

I went through a bit of hell, but that helped me to get closer to God. Hope you have a wonderful revelation of God's love for you. Nobody loves like He does!

"To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek Him, the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement." - St. Augustine

sad_eyed_lady knows!

God is real OP and (he) really is who he says he is I hope you find him soon ,until then ,may he bless and keep you

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuzMc

Whatever the experience was, was meant for you to decipher. Christianity is a new religion and has a lot of dogma and falsities because as all religions its manmade. Religion also causes division between peoples everywhere, just like politics, race, etc. .

I cannot tell you what that meant to YOU because it didn't happen to me. Find out who YOU are, don't focus on the past, or the future just the present and be happy where you are now. You are not in the past or future, we are living today, this hour this minute. Everyone's destiny is different so their life and spiritual experiences will be unique to themselves.

Thanks, I think that is good advice - especially about being happy in the present.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
It's too bad you had a phony that drove you away from your church. Personally, I need to be fed spiritually. I got myself all sorts of messed up with my beliefs when I stopped going to church. I am grateful for the awesome priests we have. I would feel so bad about myself if didn't have them to turn to when I needed guidance.

I hope you don't give up on God because of what someone did that turned you off. If you don't like your priest or minister I recommend finding one to whom you can relate or at least a good friend that loves the Lord.

Not dwelling on what did or didn't happen with this entity will help your peace of mind. Turn all those thoughts over to the Lord and what a burden will be lifted. I've been there and I have to do the same thing.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. To be honest I'm tired of hearing about Christianity, but that doesn't mean it isn't good advice. I think I need a fresh perspective on Christianity. I was going to an Eastern Orthodox church and maybe that was a bad match for me.
edit on 16-12-2011 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady.

sad_eyed_lady knows!

God is real OP and (he) really is who he says he is I hope you find him soon ,until then ,may he bless and keep you

Thanks, and I'll have to take a look at the Book of Enoch. I've always thought it was a weird book about angels, and that never interested me. But your quote is interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join