Chris Wallace: Iowa ‘won’t count’ if Ron Paul wins

page: 5
55
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


What if he wins Iowa and NH and Florida, will they all "not count?" Will the establishment then entirely ignore the will of the people and put their own puppet in place despite the voter outpouring?

I think that is a real possibility. I think Paul could be the very clear people's choice, and have the polls to back it up, and the campaign fundraising to back it up, and he could still get left out in the cold by the RNC.

Right now, FOX News (if you can call it that) is his worst enemy.
Your right and this would push RP to go to the third party and split the vote enough to give Obama the win.The GOP has showen there true colors in this, they would rather have Obama with a GOP house and senate then Ron Paul as president.I am done with the GOP and will change after this election.

Two things,I hate to admit it but I agree with B Heretic in that Wallace is just stateing a fact, and two, this almost looks like a conspiracy in that Paul would split the vote in a third party knowing that it would give the election to Obama.

If the Paul people think that Paul can win in the third party, with all do respect your not being realistic.With Newt or Romney in the GOP the "anyone but Obama" crowd would push them to at least 35 to 40% and Obama will pull around 40%+.

I was for Paul tell he flip floped on this third party thing, now he just looks like the rest of the political clones willing to sacrafice this country for the position of power.I really hoped he was different.


Wow thats all it takes to sway you.. He has his reasons and if you notice he is the only candidate who is being bombed with that will you run as a third party question, dont play into the msm hands




posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


I agree. As I said, I was watching when Wallace said that. The context was pretty clear.

If Iowa goes for Ron Paul, then Iowa loses credibility.



Man they like to put a lot of eggs in that basket. They are worried that if Ron wins Iowa the fire might spread. Folks may take note in what many fear is an unstable party. Discontent for the establishment may manifest in a yes vote for Paul if he starts to weigh in. Folks may decide not to care that Newt or Mitt represent the best chance at victory.



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is just crazy. Next thing you know, Fox will be saying it 'won't count' if Ron Paul wins the presidency



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Fox news is simply a full fledged marketing campaign for the GOP

also water is wet

Is anyone suprised?


I am sorry to break the news to you, but this argument no longer applies.

If what you say is true, Fox would embrace Paul's popularity. He is a GOP Candidate. This is not about GOP, this has nothing to do with party lines. This has everything to do with ideology.


The GOP does not want Ron Paul to become the frontrunner. Just because he is part of the group doesn't mean he is accepted.
The GOP is now split between the libertarian types like Paul, and the establishment neocon types...but they are pretending to get somewhat along for now..after 12, who knows what sort of restructuring will be in place.

I don't even understand the right anymore frankly. the people want a functioning and working moderate balance, so they seem to be out-fringing one another, and mirroring what each other is saying..one thing for certain though, they don't want paul as frontrunner.
I reckon this is because they want to install a clone



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All the Ron Paul fanatic supporters are just taking themselves out of the election equation because they can be counted on not to vote For Obama or the GOP nominee. The majority are youth who would be susceptible to Obama Messiah syndrome so its a plus for GOP. Not a single hardcore GOP voter would ever waste their support on the quack doctor, any who say they would are playing their role.

So in the end Ron Paul is an effective tool to keep the college age crowd, who are constantly in contact with leftwing radical professors, from turning out for Obama.

Giving them a bone to chew on like a useless Iowa caucus would be just what is needed to keep the wool over their eyes and play the game like they are supposed to.
edit on 17-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Excuse me but If Iowa vote wont count wont does that mean what they plan to do that will go against democratic values?
So a vote counts if a war monger gets the win?
edit on 17-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Chris Wallace views are of no significance.

The republithugs will not allow RP to win.

Ron Paul should run as a third party candidate and tell the republithugs and Chris Wallace to kiss his cherry red ____



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

“The Ron Paul people are not going to like my saying this,” Wallace began. “But to a certain degree, it will discredit the Iowa caucuses because, rightly or wrongly, I think most of the Republican establishment thinks he’s not going to end up as the nominee.”

“So therefore, Iowa won’t count,” he added. “It would certainly be a knock to Gingrich because, you know, right now he was the frontrunner — or a week ago he was the big frontrunner in this state so it would be missed opportunity for him.”


www.rawstory.com...

And that's why FOX NEWS sucks, Wallace. Cause of idiots like you.
I take that back- You don't even qualify for idiot status.

Fricken dip****.


If only there was a way to REMOVE media bias from politics.


True reporting is dead in this country.
edit on Fri Dec 16th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

You and Wallace are both wrong, for different reasons.

The Iowa Caucuses are only important for momentum. They actually award zero delegates.



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wallace's statement is a manipulative and thinly veiled threat. It's an insult to the intelligence of every Iowan and a back-handed slam of Ron Paul and his well informed supporters.

Such an ignorant statement is intended to persuade Iowans that the significance of their Primary will forever be undermined by a Ron Paul win. In essence, "that old guy's crazy and your whole state will be labeled forever incompetent if you chose that 'loon'". How insulting is that?

Ron Paul stands for the rights of the individual and state sovereignty. Any vote for any other candidate is in effect a vote endorsing the curtailing of liberty and the erosions of states rights.

The whole election process has largely devolved into a dog and pony show largely due to dishonest media tactics. Iowans who support Paul are standing up for their State and therefore the importance of their place in the primary process.

Wallace - fail



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Will it not count the same way that Al Gore wasn't counted in Florida?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


What if he wins Iowa and NH and Florida, will they all "not count?" Will the establishment then entirely ignore the will of the people and put their own puppet in place despite the voter outpouring?

I think that is a real possibility. I think Paul could be the very clear people's choice, and have the polls to back it up, and the campaign fundraising to back it up, and he could still get left out in the cold by the RNC.

Right now, FOX News (if you can call it that) is his worst enemy.
Your right and this would push RP to go to the third party and split the vote enough to give Obama the win.The GOP has showen there true colors in this, they would rather have Obama with a GOP house and senate then Ron Paul as president.I am done with the GOP and will change after this election.

Two things,I hate to admit it but I agree with B Heretic in that Wallace is just stateing a fact, and two, this almost looks like a conspiracy in that Paul would split the vote in a third party knowing that it would give the election to Obama.

If the Paul people think that Paul can win in the third party, with all do respect your not being realistic.With Newt or Romney in the GOP the "anyone but Obama" crowd would push them to at least 35 to 40% and Obama will pull around 40%+.

I was for Paul tell he flip floped on this third party thing, now he just looks like the rest of the political clones willing to sacrafice this country for the position of power.I really hoped he was different.


Wow thats all it takes to sway you.. He has his reasons and if you notice he is the only candidate who is being bombed with that will you run as a third party question, dont play into the msm hands
How am I playing into the MSM rhetoric when its RP that has flipped on not going to a third party, and Newt has said he would consider it also.

Why would they do this knowing that it would sinch a win for Obama, thats my real concern??



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would not pee on chris wallace even if he was on fire.



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I'm not sure exactly how it all works..

But even if he wins every state, doesn't he STILL have to be nominated by the Republican Party?


The states send a proportional amount of delegates to the national convention. Those delegates represent the voters, or outcome of the state's caucus/primary. If Ron Paul wins in every state by enough of the margin of error, he will be the candidate.

edit: Some states' Primaries are "winner-take-all", meaning all of the delegates sent to the convention will represent the winner of that state's primary. I haven't been able to find a list, but there was an unverified comment that 16 states plus DC are winner-take-all.
edit on 17-12-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I would not pee on chris wallace even if he was on fire.


What if you had recently chugged a fifth of Smirnoff Blue-Label?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
All the Ron Paul fanatic supporters are just taking themselves out of the election equation because they can be counted on not to vote For Obama or the GOP nominee. The majority are youth who would be susceptible to Obama Messiah syndrome so its a plus for GOP. Not a single hardcore GOP voter would ever waste their support on the quack doctor, any who say they would are playing their role.


You really have no idea what you are talking about. My dad has voted for every republican under the sun since Reagan. He is a precinct leader for the GOP locally. He has always been a flaming neocon and is a regular on Sean Hannity's forums. He has recently seen Ron Paul get to explain his positions on the Jay Leno show without being attacked and given ample time to explain his positions. He is now a Ron Paul convert. What are you afraid of, TinfoilTP, that many people are awakening up to the revolution? Who do you work for?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Fox news is simply a full fledged marketing campaign for the GOP

also water is wet

Is anyone suprised?


Yeah and CNN is a marketing campaign for the liberal base, so whats your point?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 
You seem to have this all well figured out. But don't stop now, continue to enlighten us, please?



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
 


Chris Wallace has just Forfeited ANY Credibility he might have had as a Journalist with that Uncalled for Statement . Everything that comes Out of his Mouth from now on should be considered Suspect , he has Crossed a LINE No REAL Journelist should EVER Cross IMO ...........
edit on 17-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

“The Ron Paul people are not going to like my saying this,” Wallace began. “But to a certain degree, it will discredit the Iowa caucuses because, rightly or wrongly, I think most of the Republican establishment thinks he’s not going to end up as the nominee.”

“So therefore, Iowa won’t count,” he added. “It would certainly be a knock to Gingrich because, you know, right now he was the frontrunner — or a week ago he was the big frontrunner in this state so it would be missed opportunity for him.”


www.rawstory.com...

And that's why FOX NEWS sucks, Wallace. Cause of idiots like you.
I take that back- You don't even qualify for idiot status.

Fricken dip****.


If only there was a way to REMOVE media bias from politics.


True reporting is dead in this country.
edit on Fri Dec 16th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)



Chris Wallace is another CFR/Bilderberg insider probably has a small vatican/swiss banking account

total scum for saying this...is this 1984 the book we are living? win = loss and loss= win?

total IDIOT



posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican




If only there was a way to REMOVE media bias from politics.



The only way to remove media bias is to have bias against a certain group of people, who by exaggerated claims of persecution have made themselves immune from said claims.




Wallace, whose family's surname was originally Wallechinsky,[1] was born in Brookline, Massachusetts, to Russian Jewish parents




Don't bother googling who owns newscorp and runs foxnews. It should be obvious by now.



edit on 17-12-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-12-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-12-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-12-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
55
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join