It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace: Iowa ‘won’t count’ if Ron Paul wins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Fox news is simply a full fledged marketing campaign for the GOP

also water is wet

Is anyone suprised?

I am sorry to break the news to you, but this argument no longer applies.

If what you say is true, Fox would embrace Paul's popularity. He is a GOP Candidate. This is not about GOP, this has nothing to do with party lines. This has everything to do with ideology.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

While I agree that Chris Wallace and others like him have a great deal of influence on how they present things and should be accountable for it, it's not exactly as many are taking it. It's simply a political assessment within the state overall regard the GOP itself which is kind of like a bunch of kids who are fighting in the house right now and can't make up there mind but don't want Uncle Paul scolding them.

This isn't the first time this has happened and with regard to Ron Paul, it won't be the last either. Keep your eye on the prize folks. It's just starting to get warm in the kitchen. Wait till it gets hot and then see how Uncle Ron is doing.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Wrong. Anyone over 18 may attend. Obvious lie by this person looking to keep RP supporters home.

Don't worry though...when they open it, they will come.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

also water is wet

Is anyone suprised?

If what you say is true, Fox would embrace Paul's popularity. He is a GOP Candidate. This is not about GOP, this has nothing to do with party lines. This has everything to do with ideology.

I would debate that. It has a lot to do with the GOP regarding Ideology in fact. Especially within the state right now. The GOP is a mess and most do not want Ron Paul on there ticket. Those who would be accepting of him are not in the majority within the GOP but that could change. It is like presenting a case before a judge and jury. Facts are only part of the means to win, there is also many ways to persuade the court to lean your way and the GOP is scared of that right now. Ron is not there Man and they want to hush anyone who could stand to change that I believe.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
lets imagine for a second that this was 2008 and Wallece was reffering to Obama.
Can you imagine the outrage?! There would be people lining the streets wanting Wallece's head on a platter.

Is it so wrong that the people can actually agree on a candidate? Does the country always have to be divided on who they feel the "best" choice for POTUS is?

It sickens me to the core that the masses will see these types of actions from the media and just eat it up as the truth. I pray to the almighty power that Ron holds strong and the people wake up to the blatent lies of the media.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

It's a situation much like the pre-dinner drill with my kids.
"Boys, do you want spaghetti or burgers tonight?" I give them a couple easy options to choose from, because I want those things, or I have the stuff, or whatever. When my boys respond with "Tacos!" or "Pancakes!" I have to talk them out of it, cause that's not what I chose for them. If they persist I have to use my dad voice. If they still argue, I have to threaten them with early bed/grounding.

I probably don't need to explain we're the kids in my analogy, and we're working on getting grounded.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
ATSers are simply amazing. One minute you guys say that the elections are rigged and then you all turn around and throw your support behind Ron Paul.

Yes, and yes. They very well might be rigged, but if by some miracle Ron Paul won by a landslide (which is anything more than 55% in our "douchebag/turdsandwich" political system) people would get to talking and it could be too obvious.

Speaking only for myself, not other Ron Paul supporting ATSers:

I have a deep and powerful love for the core principles of the United States of America. The founding fathers were not perfect, but in the creation of our framework they were inspired. People (especially here) bash the founders, the constitution, yet never research the volumes of letters and opinions and books that those men penned. It wasn't lip service. They believed in freedom and liberty with all their hearts.

I don't want to give up on our country. I don't want to become jaded to the point where I don't care. I don't want to be manipulated into hating the opposing party. I don't ever want to see the day where arms are taken up against the government, nor do I want my children to witness it either.
But I fear it may happen in my lifetime. Look at this thread. If Anon has their facts right, our congressmen are so corrupt they have LITERALLY sold our most vital constitutional freedoms to companies that want to profit off of our enslavement.

Ron Paul is our best shot in a LONG time...probably since Kennedy, to pull out of this nose dive. Most importantly he may be our last chance to change course using the democratic system.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
Rush Limbaugh said 'he can win', yesterday. The dam has been breeched.

Oh well that changes everything.

I missed something important here.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Originally posted by sonnny1
Dont worry,after a first or second place showing in Iowa,he will get PLENTY of Air Time........

Sorry to disagree with you.

It is my opinion that even with a win in Iowa and a second place finish in New Hampshire Dr. Paul would STILL be TOTALLY GLOSSED OVER by the MSM just as he was in the Iowa straw poll.

His wins would be marginalized and even mentioning his name would be MORE of an anathema to TPTB as he would now pose a very real and viable threat to their power and oligarchical control.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Only one of the many reasons he wont be selected for the nomination.

But please, seriously, encourage him to run as an indie. That would suit me perfectly.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
To actually place in words what Chris Wallace said:

THE PEOPLE OF IOWA do not count...if Ron Paul wins...If someone else wins, then PLEASE FORGET WHAT I SAID!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Statements like these clearly highlight who is in control (or thinks so) of our current political climate. There is a big ground swell of support for Ron Paul. The establishment does not like this at all, that much is very clear (though I did read an article on Yahoo the other day that did give him a chance to win). I like Ron Paul because he is different and we need different so badly right now.

However I don't need a crystal ball to know what happens if he does get elected. Unless Congress and the Senate are swept away and replaced with like minded people, Ron Paul will get -nothing- done. Either that or he will have to use his presidential powers in ways that have been decried in the past here on ATS. The GOP, The Democrats and the supreme court will oppose him at every turn. The American people will have to be all over their elected officals like stink on poop.

The election of Ron Paul will either mark the renaissance of American Politics or expose its dark cancer and lead to a modern day revolution.

Odds are against the renaissance.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I say good , let the Main Streem media keep revealing it's self who and what they are , the more they lie stronger our resolve and the more people awaken . Keep up the good work .

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Do away with all of the BS and just elect the man or woman who gets the most votes in November. They should require all candidates from both parties to debate and campaign and may the best person win.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I can't believe the toddlerish remarks about a fine candidate. So if Newt won, the Iowa caucus would have credibility? I'm so f-in confused. I've had it with my country. I've had it with the talking heads. I don't even "get it". Why can't they be gentlemen and congratulate Paul? They rip all over this nice man every chance they get. Ignorant americans will fall for this tihs too, that's one thing I'm sure of.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Paul is the only Republican candidate who can beat Obama, because he is the only republican candidate who can pull the independent vote.

It's really that simple. No election in the US is won by partisan's on either side. Every single election is decided by the independents in the middle.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

also water is wet

Is anyone suprised?

Very well put Mr. Wendal. Their true nature rears its ugly head even among it's own. Betrayal. Notice the white collar thugs don't have any mudslinging ammo to throw at Paul?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What if he wins Iowa and NH and Florida, will they all "not count?" Will the establishment then entirely ignore the will of the people and put their own puppet in place despite the voter outpouring?

I think that is a real possibility. I think Paul could be the very clear people's choice, and have the polls to back it up, and the campaign fundraising to back it up, and he could still get left out in the cold by the RNC.

Right now, FOX News (if you can call it that) is his worst enemy.
Your right and this would push RP to go to the third party and split the vote enough to give Obama the win.The GOP has showen there true colors in this, they would rather have Obama with a GOP house and senate then Ron Paul as president.I am done with the GOP and will change after this election.

Two things,I hate to admit it but I agree with B Heretic in that Wallace is just stateing a fact, and two, this almost looks like a conspiracy in that Paul would split the vote in a third party knowing that it would give the election to Obama.

If the Paul people think that Paul can win in the third party, with all do respect your not being realistic.With Newt or Romney in the GOP the "anyone but Obama" crowd would push them to at least 35 to 40% and Obama will pull around 40%+.

I was for Paul tell he flip floped on this third party thing, now he just looks like the rest of the political clones willing to sacrafice this country for the position of power.I really hoped he was different.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the reporter doesn't have a clue what hes talking about obviously..

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What if he wins Iowa and NH and Florida, will they all "not count?" Will the establishment then entirely ignore the will of the people and put their own puppet in place despite the voter outpouring?

I think that is a real possibility. I think Paul could be the very clear people's choice, and have the polls to back it up, and the campaign fundraising to back it up, and he could still get left out in the cold by the RNC.

Rush said yesterday that Ron was like the nutty uncle living in the basement.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Your right and this would push RP to go to the third party and split the vote enough to give Obama the win.The GOP has showen there true colors in this, they would rather have Obama with a GOP house and senate then Ron Paul as president.I am done with the GOP and will change after this election.

Two things,I hate to admit it but I agree with B Heretic in that Wallace is just stateing a fact, and two, this almost looks like a conspiracy in that Paul would split the vote in a third party knowing that it would give the election to Obama.

I

Yea its gona get ruff "in house" if Ron starts pulling more weight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join