It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Precious Thing They Take From Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

In my navy career, I went through a leadership course. They thought us that there are 5 critical areas of management (control0

1 - Personnel (sheeple?)
2- Space (full size homes downgraded to bachelor aparts?)
3 - Material (junk sold and good stuff withheld?)
4 - Money (In 1978 my uncle made more money as a bus driver as I do as a professional field support engineer)
5 - TIME (where does it go?)

we have a cabal following the leadership guidelines of global control don't we?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ahhh "time"

Yes well as i always say. You will never have time if you never take the time.

Sorry but you cant have your cake and eat it.

The system is rigged to fail. You want time to smell to roses then stop what your doing and go and smell the roses. There is an answer to every problem. BUT you have to ask the right question.

You might have to do something drastic like moving to an0ther country but the options are always there. You always have options remember that.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

And who was out working in the fields with them? Family members. Who was helping with the cooking and cleaning? The family.

Also, realistically, people worked hard during the spring, summer, and early fall, but they had a lot less to do during the winter months. These days, it's a constant go go go go no matter what the season.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I thought the other guy/girl had a point, but I like that response, you're right!

I was just thinking (literally like a half an hour before I read this) about slowing time down...it's almost creepy

I also like that guy's idea about reading the bill. I'd read it...
I like a person with ideas!!

I was ALSO thinking earlier about how I wished I lived in a slower time period. All this "I gota have this shat" and that "crap" annoys me. I don't need a lot of stuff... Sometimes it makes me feel like I don't fit in because they all like to get the latest stuff...I think all this technology is slowly killing us in many ways….and robbing us of time with our families, or ourselves.

Great thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ever notice how in America the virtue harped the most is "hard work"?

"He's such a nice person, he's a hard worker. He is always busy doing something."

Or God, even when someone dies, they'll eulogize them, "He was a hard worker, and we'll miss him for that."

Like working hard and having no time for yourself is what makes a person a good human being?! Ha. More like a good slave to the elite. I think they're using America's Protestant sense of moral diligence as a trap to make us accept absolute slavery. Because if you want a weekend off with your kids, or want to take a vacation longer than 3 days, you're just what, a lazy, degenerate asking for a handout.

I'm not advocating laziness, but being hard working can be a vice when it keeps you away from being with the people you care about. Plus everyone has a right to have fun sometimes.

edit on 17-12-2011 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Get back to work!

Good post.
edit on 12/17/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I would say our Children are more precious

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Agreed. They sucked away our time and energy which can be better spent on living, learning, and loving.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
i agree with 99% of what u say
but wen it comes to benefits
ive been claiming them for 4 yrs (im in the uk)
i had to give up work to look after my daughter 3-5 times a week in hospital (heart surgerys)
now she is well and im looking for work...
my goodness what a shock..there is next to bugger all work and ive been trying hard

Sorry if I sounded like I was denigrating those on benefits. I'm not a big fan of welfare systems, or at least the size of them, but I definitely understand that some people have no choice - like yourself. If my daughter were in hospital like yours was, I'd have done the same as you. Good to hear she's better by the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Do you think the Frontiers people had spare time? I mean, ANY? at all. No, they didn't. They were always working.

Do I think they had more pure leisure time than we do now? No! Do I think they had more time to dedicate toward family? YES! They fought, they built, they farmed and they worked damn hard; their wives cooked and cleaned and raised children - and worked damn hard. But here and now we work all day, 5+ days a week on things that are directly irrelevant to our own lives, and then we have to go home and do our property maintenance, farming, mechanics, cooking, cleaning and raising children. We don't have time to fight like they did (our modern 'fight' would be the information war).

The Frontiers people worked hard, but most of their work was directly relevant to their immediate prosperity (food, freedom, family, shelter). Ours' isn't. Big difference.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
We're overburdened to the breaking point. For most of us, to barely break even and live for another day.

I saw another thread on ATS about the 5 things people regret most on their deathbeds. One of them was that they'd worked too much. But this is a regret we'll all be forced into. Aside from some bigwigs, city executives, entrepreneurs, and people who love their jobs, most of us don't want to work 40+ hours a week. How can it be a regret when we have no choice? 'Regret' implies that we made the wrong choice. Working in this modern world isn't a choice for most. So yeah, I get exactly what you're saying.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ltngbolt

Great post! I do believe it's all by design, because I do believe that there is a malevolent cabal manipulating just about everything they can in order to remain dominant over us. We do have a lot of power to free up our own time, and sometimes it's our own fault that we lack time (television is a prime example), but it's clearly made to be as difficult as possible for us.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by univac500

Exactly! Time = potential energy! Time is a blank canvas upon which we can fully express every aspect of our being. Take that canvas away and nothing gets expressed - not art, not spirit, not love and relationships, not liberty... nothing.

And as you rightly suggested, the stress caused by lack of time only further exacerbates the frustration and negativity which serves to cloud our judgement, hamper our spiritual awareness, separate us metaphorically from our loved ones... and sometimes lead us down self-destructive paths like drugs and alcohol. And these are all things we need to get out of the vicious circle.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
You want time to smell to roses then stop what your doing and go and smell the roses.

Nice name!
You have a point - sometimes our lack of time is our own fault - no doubt about it. I still watch TV from time to time, hardly any at all, but it's still an inefficient use of time.

As for moving to other countries - it's actually something I have considered. But is it right that we should pushed out of the once-free lands that our forefathers left to us? Yes we need to look out for our own needs, no matter what the sacrifice, but that doesn't change the fact that some very nasty souls have effectively driven us out of our home nations.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
Like working hard and having no time for yourself is what makes a person a good human being?! Ha. More like a good slave to the elite.

In Britain, in 1968, there was a campaign called 'I'm Backing Britain' where certain workers voluntarily worked an extra half an hour a day without pay. This was heralded as a triumph of patriotism, but I find it sickening. What's patriotic about voluntary enslavement? Who ultimately benefited from those free hours of labour? Was it the people? Of course not.

You're right - I'd never though of it as you put it. Where did this idea come from that slaving away, rather than creating art, philosophy, ideas, communities and freedom, was the greatest good? There's a time and place for very hard work, but I believe it should always and only be by choice, when the achievement of that work is to the obvious and proportionate benefit of the worker.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I concur.

Dad had a simple job working in a printing shop, mom at home had 5 kids to care for, and most all of the household chores. Early in our life she wasn't employed. Around 1960 dad bought a house in a coal mine western PA small neighborhood for about $7,000 and we always had a station wagon car to haul us around in, on one simple wage. The house originally had no bathroom or bathtub, it had a coal fired furnace, and a cellar room that the coal truck could dump coal in for us to shovel into the furnace, one of my favorite things to watch dad do every morning, was watch him load the furnace, I was too young to help. Dad also drove some of the neighborhood people to work with him that were on the way or nearby, including some older women.

The neighborhood was tight niche, and nearly a family, however it took until about 1962 before I became cognizant of things, as I was born in the summer of 1958. However I was saddened watching on TV that President Kennedy was shot in Dallas and rushed to the hospital, so if a 5-year old kid has feeling of their elected President at that age is says something about the community of today's life.

From those humble simple beginnings my dad bought his own print shop in 1967, we move to where it was in 1968, and in 1970 we moved into a 28-room home a couple of blocks from the shop that was likely the home area of the wealthiest old money steel and oil related tycoons around Pittsburgh. The public school system rated in the 98th percentile nationally, and the local Academy was far above the public rating system, we were not afforded, (kindergarden cost the same as my first annual college tuition in 1976, a private 9-semester college).

For me, I worked while attending college because dad couldn't support us finically, but since we learned skills working in his shop it was easy for us to get relatively high paying jobs while in college. Doing that through the yeas and working freelance jobs while having steady employment, I stumble into employment with the world's largest independent R&D company in 1987.

The company was started as an institution for the advanced applied application and research of metallurgy, from the resources as a grant of a rich steel tycoon's money when his wife honored his will after his early death in 1926. The company diversified from metallurgy into most of the energy, life and health sciences, and environmental sustainability R&D areas of science and applied physics. One of my first main clients in collaborative support other than the US Air Force was NASA related R&D, we still support today.

So I remember when a gallon of gasoline cost 38¢, and the pumps had green dinosaurs and red mythological beasts on them, and the fuel was known as a common woman's name back then, and a pack of cigarettes cost less than that. That was before excessive government taxation of basal needs came about before we educated economic dark rimmed glasses wearing paper pushing number crunching geeks, that find a way to exploit the economy that ran just fine without them, until pressure based paper and number manipulating greed took over a real learned and practiced manufacturing skill-based made tangible product that would last usage for generations with modest maintenance. It's not economically viable to sell products that last these days for the growth of modern companies, because today most money grubbing people refuse to roll up their sleeves and do real work to 'fix' things they use themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They take that much of our time away, we don't have any left to look after our families. We have to sub-contract that out to other people, and pay for it. Which means we have to work harder and have less time again.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Do you think the Frontiers people had spare time? I mean, ANY? at all. No, they didn't. They were always working.

It's nothing new.
edit on 12/16/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

It absolutly is something new! Women didn't go to work in frontier times, they stayed at home and raised the family/tended the house. Men worked, but it was usually at their own homes on their own land. There were no time clocks or overtime, they worked till they felt they were tired for the day and simply went home. If they wanted to take a day off, they took the day. They didn't wake up in the morning wondering if they could make morgage payments...they built their homes from materials on hand and once done owned it outright. They didn't have to worry everyday if the stockmarket was going to take a dump and wipe out their retirement. Jobs didn't just disapear overnight or get outsourced like we see daily now. Childeren were taught at home or schools built by the community, there were no $80,000 bills for student loans.

I would love to go back to those times, at least then your success was truely based off your hard work, not this slavery we see in the system today...
edit on 17-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: addition

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

My acquaintance, you have just pinpointed the very mentality of what I call 'yuppie'. People think their time is better spent generating 'fictitious' dollars to pay people to do things we used to do ourselves, ie. like raising our kids with observed values, fixing your own car, interacting personally with the knowledge growth of your offspring (nobody knew more than dad to me that taught me things I COULD USE in life), so in short, people raised today have an inflated view of their personal value, that they boast, which is usually an artificial/superficial product of the paper pushing manipulated-brainwashing the societal trend leading of people to think that money they steal from people that don't have the time to learn the discipline they use in dealing with the rigged system of money laundering, will pay them no questions asked. But these same people want to jew down the price of tangible things they buy that they will use.
They call this education today. I call it lazy, they call it delegating, I call then distant.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Since time is an abstract of the human mind we can both create and destroy it at will. I question that 'they' take time from us when it seems that 'we' are far more likely the culprits guilty of stealing time. In western culture especially there is this 'keeping up with the joneses' attitude that is driving many to seek more money, larger houses, larger cars, more (fake) happiness. Being sucked into this ideal and becoming a robot is what is giving you the sense of having time stolen from you. Truthfully if you are living in love then everything you do will come from this love and time will disappear. Be present and enjoy whatever it is that you are doing now, for now is all there is.

Namaste

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join