It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is O making a statement against Jesus, the suffering servant? You decide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Notice something in this image. The servant candle is lower than the rest. Why is this important?

Isaiah 53:11
"He shall see the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied, by his knowledge shall my RIGHTEOUS SERVANT justify many, for he shall bear their iniquities."

:Following the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, Hebrew Christians identified light with Christ and the Temple at Hanukkah. The servant candle (SHAMMAS) that stood higher than the other candles for the purpose of lighting them refers to Christ. John 1:9 says, "That He was the true light, who lights everyone who comes into the world." Therefore, the lights of Hanukkah were not ancient luminaries pointing to Christ; they were added after His death to point back to the One who alone is the light of the world." LINK

Related LINK

After giving it some thought and for curiosity sake, I decided to see how many days there were between December 8 and the first day of Passover, 2012, which, is April 6 of this coming year and, using a date to date calculator, I found out there are exactly 120 days! Wow, 120 days! Now that got my attention!

We’ve all become familiar with the meaning of numbers in scripture and the number 120 is a particularly interesting one; according to Bullinger, it is made up of three forties, 3 x 40 =120, which, when applied to time signifies a divinely appointed period of probation, a divinely appointed number during a period of waiting.

It is also a factor in the number of the 144,000, who will be sealed from the 12 tribes of Israel, 144,000 being 12 x 1200. And, 10 x 12 =120. Twelve representing perfection in government, there, again, signifying a divine probationary period.

The White House celebrates Hanukkah on December 8th this year, despite the fact that it starts on December 20nd.

Was this intended as a slam against Jesus?

edit on 16-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Is O making a......

O

that's all it takes? just O

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is O Obama?
Ok I assume it is but I just dont get how this is slamming Jesus. I think your looking for things what are not there.
If he wanted to slam Jesus at least he would do it so not just you saw it.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Maybe it was lit first and that is why it is lower than the rest?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Is O Obama?
Previously, but not anymore.
He has a new moniker.

OThe POTUS Formerly Known As Obama

Similar to:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Is O Obama?
Ok I assume it is but I just dont get how this is slamming Jesus. I think your looking for things what are not there.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount the use of symbolism to speak to a particular group. Societies use this type of thing in all their buildings and rituals. This is nothing new.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by boymonkey74

Is O Obama?
Previously, but not anymore.
He has a new moniker.

OThe POTUS Formerly Known As Obama

Similar to:

Take a look at these menorahs. What do you notice? Are we redefining the menorah as we redefine a person's name. What is the purpose?

LINK

It seems the menorah pictured was made specifically to appear lower. Maybe I am incorrect.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

That is what I was going to say. The picture is taken at an angle that only makes that candle APPEAR to be lower than the rest.

And that is possible because it protrudes from the front toward the camera, so photographing from above makes it look lower.
edit on 12/16/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It appears Obama uses a different Menorah than Bush. Notice the center holder is higher. The candle is not yet placed. This is at the WH.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The West Point Jewish Chapel Choir performed at the event, while the menorah used was made in a displaced persons camp after World War II and donated by the Jewish Museum in New York.

Better talk to whoever made the Menorah...
I notice many of them have the servant candle lower or at the same height as the rest. Obama said he knew he was celebrating early,,,

"We’re jumping the gun just a little bit,” said Obama. “The way I see it, we’re just extending the holiday spirit. We're stretching it out. But we do have to be careful that your kids don’t start thinking Chanukah lasts 20 nights instead of eight.

It was a 'show of support' more than anything else.

Source

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
President Clinton

He lit all the candles. Tradition may escape him, but it seems obvious that the middle candle is never lower. It seems odd to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Tradition may escape him, but it seems obvious that the middle candle is never lower. It seems odd to me.

Do you think Obama had something to do with the making of the menorah?

Google Menorah. You'll see all kinds. You can't blame Obama for that, can you? Maybe you can.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Shamash candle can be lower than all the other candles or higher it does not matter.

The Shamash candle is used to light the other Hanukkah candles, because it forbidden to use a Hanukkah candle to light the other candles.

This is in keeping with the ledged of Hanukkah.

When the Judah Maccabee defeated the Syrian King Antiochus IV Epiphanes in 165 BC and the Temple was re-dedicated there was only one jar of holy olive oil, not defiled, just enough oil to burn one night, however the oil last for eight nights, hence the 8 candles of Hanukkah, with the Shamash candle totaling nine candles of the menorah.

Hanukkah for 2011 is set for the dates of Dec 20 - 28.

However the date can be any date between late November to late December. By tradition it is the 25th day of Kislev.

So, no Obama is Not desecrating the Jewish Holiday of Hanukkah.

And,

The Shamash candle is in no way a reference to Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It looks like the 9th candle holder is set lower than the others, and that they used the same size candles, when they should have used a much longer one for the middle setting.

Might have been best to consult with someone who knew what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
No I'm pretty sure he wasn't slamming Jesus of Nazareth. I think he was slamming Mithra the character Jesus was based on.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I always thought the menorah had 3 candles on each side and one in the middle; making it 7 candles altogether and not 9...

never seen 9 before...

And I should add, that the 7 candles were in remeberance of the 7 days of creation....

- JC

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Is O Obama?

Ed isn't the only one who noticed that. There's alot of people who are christians that study the old customs for their historical relavence that noticed that.

Christianity and judaism are inexplicably tied together hand in hand, despite how the jews rail against this it is nevertheless true. There were 3 sects of judaism, and only 2 are recorded in the bible. The 2 mentioned are the pharisees and saducees. The 3rd sect the essenes, goes completely unmentioned (as far as i have been able to find). Why? The essenes prophesied the birth of the messiah 250 years before his birth, they were messianic jews the other 2 sects tried to stamp out. John the Baptist was essene. The christians and the essenes have an almost match for match belief system.
edit on 16-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

I always thought the menorah had 3 candles on each side and one in the middle; making it 7 candles altogether and not 9...

never seen 9 before...

And I should add, that the 7 candles were in remeberance of the 7 days of creation....

- JC

Originally there were only 7 candles. The 9 candle menorah is a prophetic menorah, the extra 2 candles (is thought to) represent the 2 witnesses in the tribulation who witness to the world but are killed by the antichrist but they rise from the dead 3 days later.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Lonwolf1979200
Originally there were only 7 candles. The 9 candle menorah is a prophetic menorah, the extra 2 candles (is thought to) represent the 2 witnesses in the tribulation who witness to the world but are killed by the antichrist but they rise from the dead 3 days later.

Wow! I never new that about the 2 witnesses…I was trying to find a picture of a 7 candled menorah, with a short candle in the middle, but couldn’t find one.

The 9 candled menorah is used to celebrate Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, according to the wikipedai article.

Most of the pictures I have seen, show the middle candle to be bigger than the rest, still not sure what the signisficance of that is, if anything.

- JC

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

So, no Obama is Not desecrating the Jewish Holiday of Hanukkah.

And,

The Shamash candle is in no way a reference to Jesus Christ.

Could be with Obama. I would say that Christ is the center of the menorah. This video gives a good perspective.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join