It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pastor of a Mega Church in Atlanta converts to Catholicism....this will help you....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by LunaKat

Dear LunaKat,

Thanks for the response, I knew I was treading on thin ice in answering, but I appreciate your kindness. Oh, I suspected the Paganism. Moon Cat? That's almost a neon sign.

I've noticed that colbe uses a lot of quotes as well. Do you think it's lack of confidence in her own thoughts? Perhaps the reason doesn't matter much, it's pretty clear that the packaging discourages many, but not all, here.

As far as listening to channelers, the Book of Revelation is mostly "channeling." So is Fatima. I don't think any priest would be too concerned with "channeling." Though, they might be if colbe thought it was an official teaching of the Church and binding on her or anyone else.

With respect,
Charles1952

I am not ashamed of being a Pagan. There is no reason to be ashamed. But for your information Luna was the name of my little parakeet I used to have. It also does represent the Moon which is lovely as far as I'm concerned.

Those are more than quotes Charles that Colbe uses. They are lengthy passages from those channelers. Yes the whole Bible was channeled. Colbe fails to realize that and would openly criticize any other channelings as being occult except those he has hand chosen for himself.

It is not part of Catholic teaching to listen to channelers. Colbe doesn't even like the word channeling. That is what we call receiving information today whether the channel claims the information is from a Divine Source, their Higher Self, a Spirit Guide or whatever. It is today all called channeling. So its an appropriate word to use.

Again I ask Colbe does your priest know you listen to channelings?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Do your priests know you follow channelers Colbe? Have you told them? Or do you not admit your "sin" to them?

This is only directed at Colbe.

I see LunaK, you are searching out my threads and replying to my new ones. This is a good sign.

There is one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism. You choose not to believe. This is why Jesus established one Church. It makes sense. At the
Great Warning, you will come around.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Dear LunaKat,

Thanks for the response, I knew I was treading on thin ice in answering, but I appreciate your kindness. Oh, I suspected the Paganism. Moon Cat? That's almost a neon sign.

I've noticed that colbe uses a lot of quotes as well. Do you think it's lack of confidence in her own thoughts? Perhaps the reason doesn't matter much, it's pretty clear that the packaging discourages many, but not all, here.

As far as listening to channelers, the Book of Revelation is mostly "channeling." So is Fatima. I don't think any priest would be too concerned with "channeling." Though, they might be if colbe thought it was an official teaching of the Church and binding on her or anyone else.

With respect,
Charles1952

You speak of "kindness" to Lunak and slam me with your question about me for her. Childish and Our Lord isn't happy at your meanness Charles.
Your "own thoughts" show no love. I'll stick with God's words.

"Channelers" is a New Age term, New Age is nonsense. The better word would be prophet, messenger, visionary or seer. LunaK came here to deny Catholic prophecy and I suppose Protestant prophecy too.

She can't do it, prophecy, the messages from Heaven are a help for a
people in a certain period of time, God's revelation is made more explicit so says the Catechism. God speaks through His messengers. The Church says we can believe in or disbelieve private revelation, the approved and the yet to be approved. Your loss if you disbelieve, look at the importance of the "prophet" written in the Gospel.

I forgive you Charles.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God indeed hath set some in the church; first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly doctors; after that miracles; then the graces of healing, helps, governments, kinds of tongues, interpretations of

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Do your priests know you follow channelers Colbe? Have you told them? Or do you not admit your "sin" to them?

I see LunaK, you are searching out my threads and replying to my new ones. This is a good sign.

There is one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism. You choose not to believe. This is why Jesus established one Church. It makes sense. At the

I feel I do have to warn you friend, that you are listening to messages not approved by the church. Since it is only the church that is promised to not be overcome by the gates of hell, I would be more careful. Some visionaries try to establish their own authority and speak ill of the authority of the church. Which would make sense because if Catholics leave the church there would be many on the path to hell. By false miracles and visions discord can spread and people might break off much like the protestants did.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 28-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I feel I do have to warn you friend, that you are listening to messages not approved by the church. Since it is only the church that is promised to not be overcome by the gates of hell, I would be more careful. Some visionaries try to establish their own authority and speak ill of the authority of the church. Which would make sense because if Catholics leave the church there would be many on the path to hell. By false miracles and visions discord can spread and people might break off much like the protestants did.

Just my 2 cents.

547000, I know you care,

These are Catholic messengers. Private revelation takes a long time
to be approved by the Church. The events prophesied, many have not taken place yet. The Church doesn't..so can't rush to judgment.

Pray for discernment before reading a yet to be approved message from
Heaven 547000. If you only followed the approved, there is a great loss
of help from Heaven. Some of the messages contain the apostasy worldwide going on in our time and speak of some of it coming from the hierarchy of the Church. Do you think they are going to rush to approval? No. And pride, people in general reject the prophets.

Prophecy is a way for Heaven to help in a certain period of time. There's your proof.

Lourdes, Akita, Messages of Divine Mercy to Faustina, etc were all rejected either by Catholics and/or by the Church at first. Remember,
Pope John Paul brought back to "light" the messages to Faustina and
look at their value. We celebrate now the Feast of Divine Mercy.

That...you must only look at the "approved" is not true. Times are dire,
you would be waiting a long time and miss out.

love,

colbe

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm just concerned. Consider this article. The way I see it is that Jesus would not want us to be our own popes. The only miracles that are guaranteed to be true are the ones the church approves.

I've read some writings, and some of them talk of chips, some of UFOs, some of reincarnation, some of false popes, some of corrupt bishops, etc. I really would be highly suspicious because even the bible talks of false prophets.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I'm just concerned. Consider this article. The way I see it is that Jesus would not want us to be our own popes. The only miracles that are guaranteed to be true are the ones the church approves.

I've read some writings, and some of them talk of chips, some of UFOs, some of reincarnation, some of false popes, some of corrupt bishops, etc. I really would be highly suspicious because even the bible talks of false prophets.

You're saying your list all came from Catholic prophecy?

Reincarnation is false, UFO's are satanic (look at their fruit) and man is
capable of sin. Not every bishop is holy. The "chip" is true. It is the
mark of the beast.

Did you ever notice, all the messages from Heaven I've posted, there is
never a reply to discuss a message and what it said. It is instead denied or ignored.

547000, there aren't that many prophets at present or in the
last fifty years. One can discern a message, if it goes against
Church teaching. Jesus states, say a prayer to the Holy Spirit for
discernment.

Who is the author at your link? There is no info on him or I missed it.
There is a link after the article directing you to Unity Publishing, a well known anti-prophetic website.

And notice what David Hughes says, it's not of Christ. Jesus said, to help us, Matthew 7:16 By their fruits you shall know them.

And you never commented about the examples of disbelieved at first, not approved by the Church in the beginning, messages from Heaven. Lourdes, Akita, the messages given St. Faustina.

I think this is not only an anti-prophecy, anti-Marian article but it's anti-Catholic.
_ _ _

..."Protestant Christianity has changed millions of lives for the better! Even Scientology, and Witchcraft have wonderful "fruits"! Ask anyone who believes! The perceived fruit of an apparition is no measure of its orthodox validity. How could anyone be deceived if there seemed to be no fruit?"

This quote is ridiculous, about the three above, give me a break, they're untrue and the rest goes against Christ. Again, Our Lord said the opposite.

The author can't give an answer for the changed lives, the conversions, the Confessions heard, the prayers offered and answered by God and witness to finding Our Lord, etc.....

And another prejudice...current prophecy is not all Marian, Jesus appeared to St. Faustina, why we have the image. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit speak to Catholic and Protestant messengers but not to Protestants as explicitly.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I tried to find out about this "David Hughes" 547000. It looks like he has
a connection to Unity Publishing. A very anti-unapproved of yet messages
from Heaven website. Who made Rick Salbato and David Hughes all seeing? They reject Garabandal. Hmmm...St. Padre Pio said Garabandal is true.

I think they are traditional Catholics and many Traditionalists stick with
Fatima and a couple of other "approved" apparitions and that is it. I
dearly love the Tridentine Mass over the Novus Ordo but it's their
loss rejecting most of the present day prophets. Go to their site and
see the list of rejected.

Conyers is on the rejected list. I was converted at Conyers.

Jesus said in a message from Heaven and in Scripture, the gate is narrow, do not go too far to the left or to the right. Traditionalists are
far right.

take care and blessings,

colbe

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm saying that if we a)know that what the church teaches is correct and that b) even fallen angels can deceive, that means chasing after signs and wonders is a good way to fall into apostasy. When the church approves of it, we know it is safe; but when no judgement is made we can be easily deceived.

When a bishop does not agree with the layperson, they call him names. Is this good fruit?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I'm saying that if we a)know that what the church teaches is correct and that b) even fallen angels can deceive, that means chasing after signs and wonders is a good way to fall into apostasy. When the church approves of it, we know it is safe; but when no judgement is made we can be easily deceived.
When a bishop does not agree with the layperson, they call him names. Is this good fruit?

Hi 547000,

I'll say, alright, I am a bit biased. My return to the faith happened because
of private revelation. I went to a place of Mary's appearing here in the
states. God the Holy Spirit accompanied Mary, I had never felt His presence in me until that day.

What "fallen angel" in league with Satan brings people to conversion, to
Confession, to an increase in prayer? This an overused lame excuse
mainly used by Protestants. Our Lord's mother will appear to them after the Great Warning or maybe during it, only my opinion because I wish she would. She can't appear now to our brothers and sisters in Christ because they profess heresy.

Disagreeing with a Bishop's ruling isn't calling him a name. The bishop's
ruling on Medjugorje was overruled and is now being investigated by the
Vatican itself. Why? Look at the fruit of Medjugore and the miraculous
healings. Sometimes, not always, the Bishop's pride affects his decision.
Garabandal was that way too. Denied. But, the present Bishop states
the faithful can go to Garabandal. Padre Pio believed in Garabandal
while the Bishop didn't...hmmm?

Do you know how long it takes for approval of an apparition? St. Faustina
received her messages which speak of the faith and our times especially. Jesus expressing to all about His greatest attribute, mercy. She received them in the 1930s. And when were they finally approved after them first being dismissed as false? Why wait if the message does not go against the faith?

The Church states we can read unapproved private revelation. We can
read approved private revelation, we don't have to believe either. That is
one thing you can do, dismiss the prophetic saying you don't need it but it's dumb. Prophecy is to our benefit, it strengthen one's faith and helps one to live in these "awful loss of faith times" and the prophetic prepares you for what is ahead. We're in Trib now, the Great Tribulation is close, prophesied to begin at the end of 2012.

I'll post a couple of links to Catholic messages again and one to the
Protestant messages from Heaven. God is preparing everyone, you just
have to believe.

love,

colbe

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here are two links to the daily Catholic messages from Heaven.

Long time site but you have to join Yahoo Groups, it's called Seers2.
There are daily Catholic messages and spiritual subjects posted.

Here is a direct link to daily messages, mainly Catholic but a few
Protestant messages from Heaven.

www.catholicbinder.com...

A non-Catholic Christian link to daily messages.

ft111.com...

and the Irish Seer Maria is receiving messages, mainly about the
Great Warning.

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

Another, these are brief, Scripture verse to go with, they are wonderful.

www.pelianito.stblogs.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Dear colbe,

I write to help clear up confusion between us and perhaps help others to know they have choices.

The Catholic Church is the source of a wild fountain of graces, flowing where they will. If taken in their entirety they would overwhelm anyone. Thankfully, there is great freedom to choose from which part of that fountain we will drink.

As you point out, colbe, you are particularly refreshed by private revelation. That is something perfectly acceptable and with a long tradition. Others prefer formal prayer, such as novenas and the Rosary. Still others find strength and beauty in meditation, among them, the Carmelites.

St.Augustine's intellect and logic appeal to some, and rightly so. And the Gospels and letters were used to reach the world, each being tailored to a specific audience which was in a position to hear the message.

I wish you well in spreading the message, and in finding the grace in your own particular way.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Dear colbe,

I write to help clear up confusion between us and perhaps help others to know they have choices.

The Catholic Church is the source of a wild fountain of graces, flowing where they will. If taken in their entirety they would overwhelm anyone. Thankfully, there is great freedom to choose from which part of that fountain we will drink.

As you point out, colbe, you are particularly refreshed by private revelation. That is something perfectly acceptable and with a long tradition. Others prefer formal prayer, such as novenas and the Rosary. Still others find strength and beauty in meditation, among them, the Carmelites.

St.Augustine's intellect and logic appeal to some, and rightly so. And the Gospels and letters were used to reach the world, each being tailored to a specific audience which was in a position to hear the message.

I wish you well in spreading the message, and in finding the grace in your own particular way.

With respect,
Charles1952

Hi charles,

Thank you, I am happy at your comments.

As a fellow Catholic, speaking of "grace." There is a "fountain" of grace, reminds me of the verse about "rivers of living water."

My desire lately, to progress with "Contemplative prayer", charles, how are you doing with Contemplative prayer?

To all, in the Catholic and Protestant messages from Heaven, Jesus keeps repeating, take the time for this kind of prayer, fifteen or more minutes of quiet, if you can, every day "to hear My voice in your heart." Quiet your mind, if distracted by other thoughts, say Our Lord's name to return to the quiet. One suggestion in the messages, pray an Act of Contrition and the St. Michael prayer before you start.

I have a devotion to the rosary. If only everyone knew of the graces connected with praying a daily rosary. It's powerful, "grace" comes down. And the wonderful thing, anyone can pray the rosary. You don't have to be Catholic. It's a type of contemplative prayer, you repeat mainly, three prayers while you think of Our Lord's life and His mother along with her Son. The joyful, sorrowful and the glorious events we all are familiar with...

I tell friends, start off small if you like. Say one decade instead of the
five. You can walk and pray the rosary. A rosary takes about seventeen
minutes for me to say. You can count with your ten fingers if you don't
have a rosary. Here is a link to how to say the rosary, with a picture to
help.

www.rosary-center.org...

love,

colbe

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Jesus didn't establish the "Roman Catholic Church", or better known as the Jesus killer Church. As it was the Romans who killed Jesus, not the Jew's(because Jesus interfered with Roman tax collection, isn't it odd for an Emperor worshiper to use a purely Jewish custom?[Pontius Pilate side duty was building a huge temple and trying to convince the locals to the whole Emperor worship thing. The tradition of washing your hands clean of sin is a purely Jewish tradition that the Romans never practiced]).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
A couple of posts back, I shared a link on how to say the Rosary.
Anyone can pray the Rosary, you don't have to be Catholic.

I think Mary's words "my Son's great mercy" is the Great Warning.

colbe

+ + + + +

December 29th, 2011

Virgin Mary: My Rosary can save nations

My child reciting my Holy Rosary can save nations.

My children must never forget the power of my Holy Rosary.

It is so powerful that it renders the deceiver useless. He can do nothing to you or your family when you recite this daily.

Please ask my children to begin to say my Holy Rosary from this day forth in order to protect, not only their families, but their communities also.

The Rosary is the most powerful weapon against the evil one’s plans to destroy what he can in these, his last days, on earth.

Never underestimate the lies that he plants in people’s minds in order to turn my children away from the truth.

So many, under his influence, will kick and fight against the truth of my Son’s Great Mercy.

By saying my Holy Rosary you can protect these souls from lies

Their hearts can and will be opened if you set aside the time to say my Rosary.

Pray now for my children to open their hearts to the truth. Pray too that all my children will find the strength to accept my Son’s mercy.

Your beloved Mother
Queen of the Angels

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join