It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pastor of a Mega Church in Atlanta converts to Catholicism....this will help you....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
...prepare for the Great Warning.

The Net is wonderful, you can listen why you view something else.

The Journey Home program of December 12, 2011 (last Monday).

www.ewtn.com...

God bless,

colbe

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

so ? i dont have audio on this comp - so podcasts are useless to me

all i know at this time is that a presumably protestant member of the clergy has converted to catholicism

yes ?

does that mean i should ???????

PS - before answering , i am just resaerching the case of nordine armarni

as you can guess he is in the news too for his actions

should i emulate him , or the pastor ? , or attempt to do both [ this would be problematic - as catholicism condems suicide ]

just saying - because someone else does it - or its on the internet - why should i do it ???

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Maybe it means you should listen to his reasons for his converting so you might be able to remove a stumbling block from truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

maybe you should read my posts - i have no audio

PS - what are his arguments [ in a nutshell ]

i have heard a vast range of arguments for religion from the sublime to the rediculous

and i remain an atheist , by choice

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by 547000

maybe you should read my posts - i have no audio

PS - what are his arguments [ in a nutshell ]

i have heard a vast range of arguments for religion from the sublime to the rediculous

and i remain an atheist , by choice

Not "you" as in you in particular but "you" as in the reader. You questioned the purpose of sharing this and I gave an answer.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dear colbe,

I found my way to the audio and listened to it for a while. Thank you for pointing it out.

I'm afarid it will be a disapointment to a certain type of person, the individual who is looking for a crushing logical argument that destroys all opposition will not find it here. If I may summarize the part I heard?

The speaker was a Methodist pastor of a church with a Sunday attendance of 5,000. His teachers in his seminary's doctorate progam were impressed with him and wanted him to teach. He was admitted to a very exclusive study program at Yale, along with a Dominican, a Jesuit, and a Presbyterian.

He became good friends with the Dominican and joined him for a short series of lectures. The Dominican would talk about Augustine, and Dr. Allen (the program guest) would talk about John Wesley. One of their lectures was given for cloistered nuns.

Dr. Allen said he had never seen such joy and holiness as was reflected in the nuns' faces. He was quite amazed, and when he saw the Mass he became convinced that the Catholic Church was where holiness could be found. At that point he started thinking about leaving the pastorate of his megachurch and began moving towards Catholicism.

That was as far as I got. If I've left anything out, please add it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Maybe it means you should listen to his reasons for his converting so you might be able to remove a stumbling block from truth.

Thats because this pastor obviously knows nothing about catholicism's track record in the Spanish Inquisition when they butchered protestant christians calling them "witches" and "heretics". Have you ever read the new testament? Since when did Christ ever say to go out and murder those who refuse to convert? As i recall it Jesus said "you have heard it said to love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but i say to you. Love your enemy as you love your neighbor". Since when did Christ ever condone priests raping little children? The answer is never. That right there should tell you something. It should tell you to wake up and leave the Anti-Christ and repent your wickid ways and your idol worship and goddess worship and your sorcery of transmuting the bread and wine into Christ's flesh to consume (cannibalism is a sin). Since when did Christ ever say we had to go through priests to talk to him? He didn't. This same church that condones homosexuality and homosexual marriages.

The blood of the martyrs cries up to heaven. You're being warned, don't let the message fall on deaf ears. Your church has fornicated with civil powers and gained wordly power and worldly wealth. Did Jesus ever say to gain worldly power and worldly wealth? You should pick up your bible and read it sometime.
edit on 16-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

thanks charles

so happy nuns are the reason to convert to catholicism

sorry - not swayed

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Dear ignorant_ape,

Thanks for responding, but I wasn't trying to sway anyone. I was just reporting on what the OP was trying to say. But, I'm confused by your idea that nuns were the reason for his conversion. My understanding was that Dr. Allen had never seen such holiness as he saw in the nuns and in the Mass, and he wanted to be part of it.

Obviously, it was a very personal experience and isn't any kind of logical proof.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Uh, maybe you want to read up on the history of protestantism. Those who rebelled then set themselves up as authority and started an inquisition of their own.

Why not take the sixty minute challenge?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

so ? i dont have audio on this comp - so podcasts are useless to me

all i know at this time is that a presumably protestant member of the clergy has converted to catholicism

yes ?

does that mean i should ???????

PS - before answering , i am just resaerching the case of nordine armarni

as you can guess he is in the news too for his actions

should i emulate him , or the pastor ? , or attempt to do both [ this would be problematic - as catholicism condems suicide ]

just saying - because someone else does it - or its on the internet - why should i do it ???

You should do as the pastor did I.A..

His name is Dr. Allen Hunt and here is a video link, a Youtube of his witness on the December 12, 2011 E.W.T.N. program called The Journey Home.

If you can't watch it on your computer, maybe I can find a written testimony
about his conversion. Dr. Allen Hunt found the fullness of Truth.

www.youtube.com...

blessings,

colbe

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear colbe,

I found my way to the audio and listened to it for a while. Thank you for pointing it out.

I'm afarid it will be a disapointment to a certain type of person, the individual who is looking for a crushing logical argument that destroys all opposition will not find it here. If I may summarize the part I heard?

The speaker was a Methodist pastor of a church with a Sunday attendance of 5,000. His teachers in his seminary's doctorate progam were impressed with him and wanted him to teach. He was admitted to a very exclusive study program at Yale, along with a Dominican, a Jesuit, and a Presbyterian.

He became good friends with the Dominican and joined him for a short series of lectures. The Dominican would talk about Augustine, and Dr. Allen (the program guest) would talk about John Wesley. One of their lectures was given for cloistered nuns.

Dr. Allen said he had never seen such joy and holiness as was reflected in the nuns' faces. He was quite amazed, and when he saw the Mass he became convinced that the Catholic Church was where holiness could be found. At that point he started thinking about leaving the pastorate of his megachurch and began moving towards Catholicism.

That was as far as I got. If I've left anything out, please add it.

With respect,
Charles1952

Hi Charles,

I've been out of town and away from my computer. I thank you so much for
sharing what you heard to a certain point on the EWTN program of Dr. Allen's conversion. Now if we could just hear news of Joel Osteen's conversion to the
faith! tee hee...

not really, I am serious,

colbe

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

thanks charles

so happy nuns are the reason to convert to catholicism

sorry - not swayed

I.A.,

Ditto to what Charles stated. I watched the Journey Home Youtube of Dr. Hunt's conversion. He shared, you could see it in the sister's faces, a holiness. These cloistered nuns pray all day and of course go to daily Mass and receive Our Lord.

He said it, "There is a holiness in the Catholic Church and in the Eucharist
that's not present anywhere else."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

charles,

The host, Marcus Grodi was a former Presbyterian minister and Dr.
Hunt, a Methodist minister. They both said, there were so many verses
in Scripture they ignored or weren't aware of...for example, 1 Timothy
3:15 which states, the Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth.

And Dr. Hunt said Luther realized not the other reformers, once you remove the Eucharist, what binds you together? Certainly not the
Bible, there are 33,000 Protestant Churches in our country alone.

And Dr. Hunt could see finally why in the Catholic world, their Churches
and Cathedrals are so grand, because Jesus is there! They house
God our Savior.

Dr. Allen Hunt has a radio talk show on the biggest station in Atlanta,
WSBN. He gets everyone calling him. Protestants, Catholics, people
fallen away from Christianity, atheists, agnostics.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Uh, maybe you want to read up on the history of protestantism. Those who rebelled then set themselves up as authority and started an inquisition of their own.

Why not take the sixty minute challenge?

great rebuttle. response lonewolf?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

And Dr. Hunt could see finally why in the Catholic world, their Churches
and Cathedrals are so grand, because Jesus is there! They house
God our Savior.

I thought Jesus was a man who returned to heaven, how can one man be in all your grand churches.
Sounds a little silly, Billy?
I thought, well according to the bible anyway that Jesus left us with the Holy Spirit that dwells within the person, not a building.
I thought Jesus was the door to heaven not a church, well again according to the bible he is the door.
As an ex Catholic, common sense (well the Holy Spirit) showed me the hypocrisy and ill logic behind Catholicism.
Even your above statement is a heresy.

Jesus lives in a church? What a silly silly statement
edit on 26-12-2011 by boony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Do your priests know you follow channelers Colbe? Have you told them? Or do you not admit your "sin" to them?

This is only directed at Colbe.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Please forgive me for replying to a message that you wrote was only directed at colbe, but you raise a point that has been on my mind as well.

I don't live in a big city, so I have many opportunities to see sunsets, clouds, even deer. Unless I'm blinded by worries, I see those things, draw strength and peace from them, and give thanks to God. I don't worship the sun, or deer, or nature.

colbe draws srength and peace from a writer. She doesn't worship the writer, but thanks God for the goodness that the writer puts in her path. There's no sin there.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hi Charles..that is why I said it was directed to Colbe only. Just so you know I am Pagan. If Pagans follow any sort of channeling Colbe would say its the occult. And yet Colbe not only listens to channelers but he spams threads repeatedly with their messages. He comes into a thread in another forum here and does nothing but spam it. Colbe also insists that others follow to the letter Catholic teachings whether the person is Catholic or not. He is ignorant.

And for his information, it is not a Catholic teaching to listen to channelers. I'm just curious if his priest knows that he follows this stuff.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Dear LunaKat,

Thanks for the response, I knew I was treading on thin ice in answering, but I appreciate your kindness. Oh, I suspected the Paganism. Moon Cat? That's almost a neon sign.

I've noticed that colbe uses a lot of quotes as well. Do you think it's lack of confidence in her own thoughts? Perhaps the reason doesn't matter much, it's pretty clear that the packaging discourages many, but not all, here.

As far as listening to channelers, the Book of Revelation is mostly "channeling." So is Fatima. I don't think any priest would be too concerned with "channeling." Though, they might be if colbe thought it was an official teaching of the Church and binding on her or anyone else.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join