It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 United State Governors : Prepare State Militia Defenses, To Be Ready Against Obama's Rogue Feder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, look at that... Exactly what I stated the States would do in response to this bill. An on top of that we have 40 Congressmen protesting this bill as well.

While I applaud Rand Paul's 11th hour move to expose those Senators who voted on the dirtier parts of this bill secret session, I believe it could have gone even further, to make this something brought before We the People to vote on, instead of the select rich few who were given the power to pass something of this magnitude.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by DROKKR

The article is from September of 2010 by the way. Just thought I'd mention it.

This answers the question of the articles validity. I'm fairly certain we would have seen something come of this in over a year since it was posted. I'm beginning to think that more articles like this will be posted here and other forums online to use as "feelers" for people in the current established power structure. Stay alert y'all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Well, look at that... Exactly what I stated the States would do in response to this bill. An on top of that we have 40 Congressmen protesting this bill as well.

While I applaud Rand Paul's 11th hour move to expose those Senators who voted on the dirtier parts of this bill secret session, I believe it could have gone even further, to make this something brought before We the People to vote on, instead of the select rich few who were given the power to pass something of this magnitude.

See my above post, and the other post I have quoted. The article used by the thread starter is not factual evidence that can back up the claims made by the sensationalist headlines.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueSuperman

Agreed, this is the eqivalent to sticking a fork in it to see if it is ready.
We are the "it".

And we are ready, but why rush it, we got plenty of time.
And I'm willing to let them screw up first, righteous justice is much more powerful than blind anger.
It is how smaller underarmed groups defeat world class armies, ask the Afghans or the Vietnamese, or...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Speaking for Louisiana - this story is definitely not true.
Hoax it, mods.

As for the South haters - if things were to go down, most of the South would do a lot better than other parts of the country.
Watch an episode of Swamp People. I usually dismiss anything on reality tv, but those guys are real. If society collapses, they'll barely notice. Set that in a forest or in the mountains for other states - same thing. They may be the extreme, but even suburbanites and some city dwellers in the South are skilled hunters and fisherman. They know how to use firearms for protection (even many of the females).

Per the Southern states' dependence on the federal government funding, that has been imposed on them since Reconstruction. If the 10th amendment still existed, Louisiana would be one of the richest states in the Union, as it was in 1860. We control 30% of the nation's domestic oil, a very large percentage of its natural gas (heating oil), and some of the most fertile farming soil on the continent, as well as control of the mouth of the Mississippi river and the world's largest commercial port system. The feds have been raping the state of its energy royalties since the 1940s.

While I certainly do not advocate an armed rebellion, I would like to see rightful power return to the states, per the US Constitution. As for folks worried about us being too dependent, or not being able to take care of ourselves...don't.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People need to stop reading those crappy paranoia blogs

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Thank you.

ATS has gotten a bad case of melodramatic responses to posts before even looking at the sources.

This needs to be moved to political madness.
edit on 16-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Who, why, err how could I be without food?
2 days ago, I ate a squirrel from my own yard, baked with herbs, pretty dern good, home grown zucchinni and homemade bread.
Peace.

Lol. How could you.
Squirrels are such adorable creatures.
Anyways the Op's facebook message may have been just a prank.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Perry and Pawlenty are the heroes ?
Give me a break. Perry and Pawlenty are in the club of traitors...

Yep. At least Perry is. I don't know much about Pawlenty.
Obama, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, Perry, Newt, etc etc ....
It all blends together .. the corruption and stink and lies .... one big mess.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by DROKKR

If these states revolt, their people won't have any of that welfare money that comes from us folks up North. We work our asses off so the people of these "great" (sic) states can sit on their lazy fat asses.

Let them separate. They won't be missed.

Your reply was partially off, people in the south and west support their welfare arsses also, just more supporters in the north. Peace from a southern supporter of the free living generation .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27

reply to post by g146541

Stay classy, arrogant fool.

Your guns won't save you when you don't have any food.

Not to sound rude, but I know as a fact its much easier to hunt with a gun than anything else...

As an outsider, I've always seen the southern states as being the more self-reliant. While those in the northern states rely almost solely on imported produce, the south will pretty much have plenty of agriculture of their own to support their own citizens.

I can't be bothered to look at the stats to check it, but that's my impression at least.

I don't think a violent revolution is inevitable, but it does go without saying that things will happen as a result of the global currency failures which will illicit a response from state and government forces. It depends how that happens and how it is seen by the people - that will be the driving factor.

As we've seen in other nations, all it takes is for one person to be publicly killed in a conflict by government/state forces and the country can rise up. Look at how it started in Greece, Egypt, and how it's now going in China, and how it almost happened in Iran...

All four followed the same path,

The people protest,
Government forces kill someone in clashes or use unreasonable force,
Anger at government force increases unrest and swells numbers...
There's either an ongoing civil war, or the government falls, or the people stop protesting through apathy/change/defeat.

I feel pretty certain given how regional Police have dealt with peaceful unarmed protests in the USA recently that any serious protest will result in death. How the people respond to that will be important.

Personally, I really hope that there is a peaceful progress, with states seceding from the union through the choice of their citizens. That is the best way forward, but it seems that protest will still be required to force that change to begin with. How those charged with dealing with those protests respond will determine whether there is a peaceful transition or not.

Just my opinion.

The thread might be a little pointless and nothing but scaremongering, but there is certainly a chance of seeing massive civil unrest in the USA when a currency collapses.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueSuperman

I agree. We need to take a second breath in before exhaling. Now more than ever, being able to separate the wheat from the chaff, is of utmost importance. There is enough horrible truth to explore and expose. Be careful not to cry wolf, even unintentionally. When the time comes you don't want to be overwhelmed with cognitive dissonance.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Surfeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

I agree.

If I didn't know better I'd say this stinks of Sorcha Faal involvement.

The BS people fall for man:shk:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The Federal Government cannot nationalize the military - They can FEDERALIZE it though (clue #1 that the article is most likely BS).

Secondly unless the President declares a city / state in a state of rebellion / insurrection, they cannot direct those units to the bathroom, let alone issuing orders.

The Governors have to make the decision to place their units under federal control for anything outside of rebellion / insurrection.

Not following those steps is a violation of law and the Constitution, since they would be trampling all over states rights.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Ah FFS! I totally missed that. Sorry

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
po liticalvelcraft.org

Also important to note: There are NO U.S. laws prohibiting National Guard troops from also joining their State’s Defense Forces.

Also important to note: this is dead wrong.

32 USC 109(e): "A person may not become a member of a defense force established under subsection (c) if he is a member of a reserve component of the armed forces."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueSuperman

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by DROKKR

If these states revolt, their people won't have any of that welfare money that comes from us folks up North. We work our asses off so the people of these "great" (sic) states can sit on their lazy fat asses.

Let them separate. They won't be missed.

Huh?

I will leave aside the whole emancipation as a prime driver of underemployment in the south. Not to mention general economic depression from myriad factors. But I am curious....are you really going to insult "southern" states residents with such a broad brush?

And if you are, do you not realize that the Texas economy is currently expanding well ahead of the economies of just about every other state in the union? Lots of hard work goes in to doing things like that, especially when it is done working on a drilling rig or as a cowpuncher.

reply to post by g146541

Stay classy, arrogant fool.

Your guns won't save you when you don't have any food.

Yeah.

Indeed.

And my guns will save me. I can hit a hog from 250 yards without missing, every single time. We got plenty of hogs. Should be filling my freezer up in about 3 weeks.
edit on 16-12-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Well said. Texans are prepared, and the South is far from "fat" and "lazy"

please don't take her opinion as anyone's but hers, i live in the north and have never even heard someone say anything of the sort about our southern neighbors in the 46 years i been alive. i'm American and don't care what state you're from, i'll fight with ya for our great country of people if need be.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by DROKKR
po liticalvelcraft.org

Also important to note: There are NO U.S. laws prohibiting National Guard troops from also joining their State’s Defense Forces.

Also important to note: this is dead wrong.

32 USC 109(e): "A person may not become a member of a defense force established under subsection (c) if he is a member of a reserve component of the armed forces."

something tells me if the need should arise, that law wouldn't mean much to patriotic Americans.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

please don't take her opinion as anyone's but hers, i live in the north and have never even heard someone say anything of the sort about our southern neighbors in the 46 years i been alive. i'm American and don't care what state you're from, i'll fight with ya for our great country of people if need be.

Oh, I didn't, but thank you for offering an opinion for others to see as well. I'm a first generation Texan/Southern, and almost all of my parents' family is still located up North or in the Midwest. I know that that opinion isn't shared by the majority of Americans, let alone those from anywhere outside the South.

Mods - can we move this to hoax? This is doing nothing other than contributing to sensationalism that we bash on ATS daily. If we are going to hold others to a standard, we need to hold ourselves to the same standard.

(Edit to add)
Also, I don't believe that if/when the time comes for the type of action described by the article the thread starter posted that Americans will wait for governors (or any form of government/authority) to tell them "It's time we fight back!". By then it will be too late, and I'm fairly certain the citizens will already know what to do. The downside to TPTB's plan - they taught us the best defense in their public education system as long as we paid attention

edit on 12/16/2011 by TrueSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DROKKR

YYYEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join