It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says seized radioactive material en route to Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was entertaining another member's theory. And nowhere did I implicate Russia in this hypothetical false flag.

The hypothetical possibility I mentioned was implicating Western involvement. Not only do you accuse me of saying something I clearly did not say, you also took my statement out of context, judging by your previous post history it was probably intentionally done.

Don't come here making up lies then get bent out of shape when I prove your statement to be completely false.

Please forgive me for not appreciating your dishonest tactics.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

The flaw with your hypothesis is you implicated the West (U.S) even though the story clearly says Russia was the one blowing the whistle....

Because of this, I declare that you have BLIND HATRED for the U.S. and should be disregarded from here forward on this matter

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject

I was entertaining another member's theory. And nowhere did I implicate Russia in this hypothetical false flag.

The hypothetical possibility I mentioned was implicating Western involvement. Not only do you accuse me of saying something I clearly did not say, you also took my statement out of context, judging by your previous post history it was probably intentionally done.

Don't come here making up lies then get bent out of shape when I prove your statement to be completely false.

The flaw with your hypothesis is you implicated the West (U.S) even though the story clearly says Russia was the one blowing the whistle....

Because of this, I declare that you have BLIND HATRED for the U.S. and should be disregarded from here forward on this matter

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard all day, and I've heard quite a few

First of all you seem to be one of those members who's posting before actually reading. Did I actually implicate them? Please show where I implicated them. There may be an instance or two where I mention possible involvement, but I have seen no evidence to indicate this.

You're saying I have blind hatred for the U.S.? That's the typical response that I would expect from a person who is blinded by nationalistic pride. LOL @ you "declaring" anything!

I don't know where you live, but where I live we're allowed to have different opinions without being accused of blindly hating a group. I criticize my own government and mention possibilities of their own actions, does that make me hate my own country? You need to reevaluate your thought processes my friend, in case you didn't notice you just "declared" me a blind hater of the U.S. because I mentioned their possible involvement in a hypothetical situation. You're dwelling on fairy tales and you expect me to take you seriously?

I have a feeling you won't respond to this since I have just embarrassed you, but please don't cower away, I'm genuinely interested in what your response is to my pointing the obvious lack of logic in your thought process.

"He criticized my gobernment! He is an American hater! let's get him pa!"

It's been one of those threads, I can only imagine what kind of nonsense is coming my way next.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is no false flag here. Because the material found is harmless.

You'd have to be an idiot to learn of this and think there's something sinister or nuclear about it

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I'm not sure if your comment was directed towards me, if so, I just want to clarify I'm one of the ones thinking it's a FF. I had considered it until the na-22 info came out. After that, it became highly doubtful that there was any type of false flag.

Sorry if I seem paranoid, it's just a few people misunderstood some of the earlier posts and there seems to be a lot of confusion following that.

Yeah, it's highly doubtful that a false flag was the intention of this event.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No. I just made the post after seeing what the thread was about and scanning page 1.

Comment was made to no one in particular. Although maybe my insult was a little harsh. The material itself is harmless though, so if it was a false flag it would be the worst in history is my point. Nothing about the material is sinister, it's just a media beat up

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I agree, once I found out about this most likely being medical isotopes, I kind of regretted making this thread. It seemed like good news until the latter piece of info was released.

Honestly, I'm glad it was something so minor versus a huge media fiasco. Anything is better than war.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Russia says seized radioactive material en route to Iran

www.reuters.com

The Russian customs service said on Friday it had seized radioactive material found in the luggage of a passenger bound for Tehran at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport.

The service said in a statement that tests showed the material was a radioactive isotope which could be obtained only "as a result of a nuclear reactor's operations."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailystar.c om.lb

I live in Russia,and read/watch Russian news daily.There was not mentioning of it ANYWHERE. How the hell Reuters gets like this info,but Russian Info Agencys as ITAR-Tass or RIA doesnt have info about it???

At your REUTERS page:
There is no weapons aspect to this (material)," said Research director Lars-Erik De Geer of the Swedish Defense Research Institute!
So why are u scary people for no reason? U probably didnt even read adticle....
edit on 16-12-2011 by John0Doe because: no reason

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

I reported this when it was first released this morning, and that information was not in the article at that time, as you would be aware of if you actually read the thread.

They often update and edit articles through out the day as updates are released which is what happened here.

You're welcome

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard all day, and I've heard quite a few

First of all you seem to be one of those members who's posting before actually reading. Did I actually implicate them? Please show where I implicated them. There may be an instance or two where I mention possible involvement, but I have seen no evidence to indicate this.

You're saying I have blind hatred for the U.S.? That's the typical response that I would expect from a person who is blinded by nationalistic pride. LOL @ you "declaring" anything!

I don't know where you live, but where I live we're allowed to have different opinions without being accused of blindly hating a group. I criticize my own government and mention possibilities of their own actions, does that make me hate my own country? You need to reevaluate your thought processes my friend, in case you didn't notice you just "declared" me a blind hater of the U.S. because I mentioned their possible involvement in a hypothetical situation. You're dwelling on fairy tales and you expect me to take you seriously?

I have a feeling you won't respond to this since I have just embarrassed you, but please don't cower away, I'm genuinely interested in what your response is to my pointing the obvious lack of logic in your thought process.

It's been one of those threads, I can only imagine what kind of nonsense is coming my way next.

haha, actually yes you did implicate the U.S. in your hypothesis... go ahead, read it... I will give you a minute...

Got it? thats the only reason I called you out.... nothing else

Yes, I do read the threads completely to the point of where I called you out.... Im not trying to start a war here, I am just simply saying that you brought the U.S. into it, without any shred of evidence of their involvement.... There is a difference between keeping your country on the up and up by questioning what they do, and committing treason.

You in no way embarrassed me.... I called you out on a specific line of text, sorry if I took it out of context.... haha, I should have been less harsh maybe, but I like to rile people up on here.... Its the only reason I am still on this site.

Reality, and sanity has left this site long ago.... when I want the news, I go elsewhere... when I want entertainment, I come here.... I treat this place like its running just like "The Onion" because the truth is scarcely heard, and is most of the times avoided to create as many conspiracies as can be made....

Thanks bro, and have a good day...

BTW.. I take it back, you don't have totally blind hatred, but you sure are fun to argue with

edit on 16-12-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

haha, actually yes you did implicate the U.S. in your hypothesis... go ahead, read it... I will give you a minute...

Got it? thats the only reason I called you out.... nothing else

Yes, I do read the threads completely to the point of where I called you out.... Im not trying to start a war here, I am just simply saying that you brought the U.S. into it, without any shred of evidence of their involvement.... There is a difference between keeping your country on the up and up by questioning what they do, and committing treason.

You in no way embarrassed me.... I called you out on a specific line of text, sorry if I took it out of context.... haha, I should have been less harsh maybe, but I like to rile people up on here.... Its the only reason I am still on this site.

Reality, and sanity has left this site long ago.... when I want the news, I go elsewhere... when I want entertainment, I come here.... I treat this place like its running just like "The Onion" because the truth is scarcely heard, and is most of the times avoided to create as many conspiracies as can be made....

Thanks bro, and have a good day...

BTW.. I take it back, you don't have totally blind hatred, but you sure are fun to argue with

edit on 16-12-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

Okay, first of all, it wasn't my hypothesis. You forgot to redden the line right above what you highlighted.

Second of all, do you know what a hypothesis is? Especially in the context that cream and I were conversing about? Honestly, him and I were discussing a possible fairy tale, and you twist it as if the hypothesis that he mentioned was being portrayed as fact.

"Get him pa!"

Get ur done!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Right, some random guy with a suitcase full of radioactive material. Sounds pretty redundant and suicidal to me. I don't buy it because Russia is supposed to be playing Big Daddy with Syria and Iran against NATO. These so called "Russian Authorities" were probably CIA with fake russian accents. Sounds like something straight out of a Mission Impossible movie.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here is some information

Iran's ISNA news agency Friday quoted an official at the Iranian embassy in Moscow as denying that radioactive materials were seized from the luggage of an Iranian passenger. He said that about a month ago, a misunderstanding arose in connection with a student who was carrying some materials for dentistry uses.

Add to this

Russia built Iran's first nuclear power station and has delivered nuclear fuel for the reactor.

blogs.voanews.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hey man, your theory is probably one of the most sane. But NOTHING can be proven. It's all speculation. Anything is possible. Let's hope it comes clean.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is it possible that since Putin knows what scares us, and since he's a bit ticked at us, he might have just went

BOO

So we'd all jump and hit our heads? Maybe knock ourselves out?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Hey man, I like you , and your cause, but what the eff are you talking about?

You mean well but you expect us to take your content as the word of god. Don't be lazy and tell us what we're about to click on. I'm tired of you holding your nose up high friend. It's time for you to settle with the rest of the peasants.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Some more information on the story:

Spokeswoman Kseniya Grebenkina told The Associated Press the luggage was seized some time ago, but did not specify when. The Iranian wasn't detained, she said, and it was not clear whether he was still in Russia or not. She did not give his name. The pieces contained Sodium-22, she said, a radioactive isotope of sodium that could be produced in a particle accelerator.

Kelly Classic, a health physicist at the United States' renowned Mayo Clinic, said: "You can't make a nuclear bomb or dirty bomb with it."

Iran's ISNA news agency quoted an official at the Iranian Embassy in Moscow as denying that radioactive materials were seized from the luggage of an Iranian passenger bound for Tehran.

"About a month ago, a misunderstanding arose in connection with (an Iranian) student who was carrying some materials for dentistry uses. The issue was quickly resolved and apologies were offered to him," ISNA quoted the official as saying Friday.

Source

A month ago this happened, wonder why it has taken so long before the information was released?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Second of all, do you know what a hypothesis is? Especially in the context that cream and I were conversing about? Honestly, him and I were discussing a possible fairy tale, and you twist it as if the hypothesis that he mentioned was being portrayed as fact.

"Get him pa!"

Get ur done!

your probably right, I skimmed it and misread... my bad... but honestly, 99% of this board probably would have read it with less detail than I did unless I had brought it up.... I know you have to realize that would be true... so in fact I did you a favor... your welcome

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Nice way to hide your ignorance. To assume 99% of ppl on this board don't read threads. Arrogant much?
edit on 16-12-2011 by djvexd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Thanks for the update, I was not aware of that info

It sounds like the more that info comes out, the more harmless this incident may be.

This does seem kind of weird, if this incident is a month old, why is it just coming out now?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
IMO a false flag to justify war.

Wouldn't someone have to claim a flag before it could be said to be "false"? I've not heard which country the passenger is supposed to be from, and last I heard folks at ATS were telling us all about how Russia was going to kick some big American ass if we didn't leave Iran be, so how is Russia factoring in to your "false flag" theory?

At the same time I don't care if Iran gets nukes

Oddly, I don't either. I'm all for ringing the country with ABMs, and shooting any outgoing rocket down in Iranian airspace if they launch. They can have all the nukes they want - but if they launch one, game over.

because Israel refused to sign the non proliferation treaty and has nukes anyway,

That is supremely irrelevant. Israel didn't make the promise, so can't be held to a promise they never made. Iran, however, DID make the promise. Israeli actions are entirely irrelevant.

making them the largest threat in the middle east and possibly the world.

That little jewish country sure does scare you, don't it boss?
Is it
because it's little, or because it's plumb full of them jews?

Can't blame Iran for wanting them, especially since Israel refused the treaty,

Here's a tip: if you don't want to live up to an agreement, don't make it.

they keep getting threatened from Israel even though they have made no moves of aggression and have made it clear they would only react, not attack.

Here's another tip: if you don't want people explaining in general terms how they'll meet your aggression, try not to strike an aggressive posture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join