It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says seized radioactive material en route to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Russia says seized radioactive material en route to Iran

www.reuters.com

The Russian customs service said on Friday it had seized radioactive material found in the luggage of a passenger bound for Tehran at Moscow's Sheremetyevo international airport.

The service said in a statement that tests showed the material was a radioactive isotope which could be obtained only "as a result of a nuclear reactor's operations."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailystar.c om.lb

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This just came out and there aren't many details available so it's way to early to jump to any conclusions. I guarantee you the media is going to have a field day with this one.

There could be a perfectly normal explanation for this, but there could also be a not so innocent explanation.

Without word on who the passenger is and what nation they originate from we cannot speculate as for what the purpose may have been to carry this radioactive material.

Stay tuned...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
IMO a false flag to justify war. At the same time I don't care if Iran gets nukes because Israel refused to sign the non proliferation treaty and has nukes anyway, making them the largest threat in the middle east and possibly the world. Can't blame Iran for wanting them, especially since Israel refused the treaty, they keep getting threatened from Israel even though they have made no moves of aggression and have made it clear they would only react, not attack.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
oh boy oh boy oh boy , as if we didnt have enough problems already , i bet you this story will be used in the upcoming GOP debates , and GOD help Ron Paul because i assure you they will be using this story against him .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I agree, a false flag must be considered.

It's way too early for me to commit to any theory at this time. I won't lie, when it comes to this political arena, I can't help and consider false flag for any similar type of event. But I won't claim this is the case until some type of evidence indicates this.

I'm sure all of us great minds on ATS will have this looked into and uncover more of the information as it comes out.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

That is a very interesting point that I didn't think of

This does seem like the type of story that pops up around election time, good eye!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
One thing that strikes me, isnt Russia a sidemate of Iran? Or better to say, isnt Iran a sidemate of Russia? They get missiles and electronics from Russia. For all shouting false flag, please give a statement about your theory because I cant see any ff here.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Russian news confirm the fact but say this isotope (Sodium 22) is used mostly in medicine. Other sources also do not mention that it can be used in nuclear weapons research.

Can anybody confirm that this isotope is indeed used mostly for medicine? Then it would explain why Russia blew the whistle.

edit on 16-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Interesting, is this Russia's way of dropping support for Iran? Why wouldn't they just let it through if they were in favour of Irans nuclear policy. I sense a switching of sides here from Russia, possible due to their civil unrest.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Well, as you said, Iran and Russia are mates. So if Russia were to give Iran material for nuclear weapons, they would not distribute it via a commercial airport. I thought this would be obvious.

"Hey Igor,let's deliver some radioactive material for making bombs to Iran via a commercial airliner where we need to get inspected by airport security. We'll get through for sure."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeap, (replying to myself) uses of Sodium-22:

Medicine

Agriculture

www.chemicalelements.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

Are there any sources that you're aware or that can verify this is the isotope that they have found?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Well, as you said, Iran and Russia are mates. So if Russia were to give Iran material for nuclear weapons, they would not distribute it via a commercial airport. I thought this would be obvious.

"Hey Igor,let's deliver some radioactive material for making bombs to Iran via a commercial airliner where we need to get inspected by airport security. We'll get through for sure."

If you say this is obvious, how retarded could the FF operators be? Makes the FalseFlag theory completly laughable ^^ You cut your own tree branch you were sitting on

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Can anybody confirm that this isotope is indeed used mostly for medicine? Then it would explain why Russia blew the whistle.

Correct, it is mostly used in positron emission tomotography, which is a type of medical scanner. This is simply a case of customs busting someone trying to sneak something out of the country without filing the necessary paperwork. Since sodium 22 doesn't grow on trees, it means that workers in a nuclear plant are selling isotopes on the black market, and that can't be good. We'll hear more about this, but the fact that the destination was Iran is irrelevant. It does make one wonder why the Iranians couldn't produce it for themselves if their nuclear research was intended for peaceful purposes.
edit on 16-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So Russia who are friendly with Iran have set up a false flag by saying they have discovered radioactive material in a Russian airport.

Ummmm no.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Are there any sources that you're aware or that can verify this is the isotope that they have found?

Yeah, my girlfriend told me. But then we return to the question, why blow the whistle considering that they are self-proclaimed allies? Also, it makes much more sense to deliver whatever you need by military aircraft.

But - if you want the world to know that Iran is developing peaceful nuclear program - then it is just the right piece of news, isn't it? You see, they cannot buy this Na22 legally because of the sanctions.
edit on 16-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Na-22 reported on CNN just now as the isotope found in the "metal cannisters" in the passenger's checked baggage.

As curious to me was that it was also reported that the passenger who allegedly checked the suitcase(s) in "got away". How did they get away, once the radioactive material was found?

Initially I wondered if the material had been set up as a dirty bomb to go off aboard the plane. That was just my own ponderings........... there has been no speculation to that effect that I've heard or read.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

If you say this is obvious, how retarded could the FF operators be?

They have proven themselves to be very, very retarded.

No need to get upset at me for pointing out the obvious flaws in your logic. I was very polite about it IMO, didn't mean to offend you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Russians have been allies with Iran for years.
So this could be a bluff where the russians are saying to the west, 'do what you want with Iran. We will not help Iran again !!'. When in actual fact Russia is still Iran's ally.

False flag is possible. We will just have to wait and see. Lets see if China also cuts ties with Iran because of this event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join