It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Use Of Tim Tebow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Tebow has been a polarizing figure since his college days. It's not as if Tebow just talks the talk. Since he was a teenager, he's used his fame to help raise money for the orphanage his family runs and for other charitable causes. Love him or hate him, let's be honest — the NFL is a lot more fun with Tebow out there every week, throwing wobbly passes, Tebowing after touchdowns, and making God part of the game-day discussion.
- The Chicago Sun-Times

whether you knew him or not he has been making a difference in his community for a very long time now - especially for the children - and i am of the firm belief God rewards him accordingly - if only one would BELIEVE - lots of power in that one word - there is a study going on about that - it's called noetic science - works on the same principal as faith -

edit on 16-12-2011 by musselwhite because: i had to correct a spelling error - filling this form out is just another way to make us comply - last excuse i'll give

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I am so glad I don't know who this guy is.

I don't watch football.
And I don't care about sports at all.

By beliefs are that it is merely a giant distraction.
A simple way to divert the attention of a whole lot of people.
Instead of focusing on our nation...

I digress,
If a player uses the media to witness for God...
And it grabs the attention of millions...

I salute him.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

So you believe that "your god" is choosing one player or team over another? really? Seriously?

No, really?

Stop it.........

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
People need to find their own God......DEEP WITHIN. I think mankind has forgotten that we are made in God's IMAGE and LIKENESS. Again, i'll repeat, we are MADE in God's......IMAGE......and......LIKENESS. Once you figure that out....you'll REALIZE, how GREAT YOU ARE, also!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I hate to say it. I wasn't much of a Tebow fan, and I'm still not, but you do have a point here. Nice thread.

Tebow isn't on the same plane of "athlete" as anybody else on the field, but he makes up for it with Faith, Determination, and Heart. He made the right choice to go into the NFL, he follows wherever God leads him, and he seems like a genuinely good guy.

He is a guy that I would want on any team of mine in any sport, because he knows how to persevere and how to win and how to be humble about it.

Once again, nice thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
god wants tim tebow to win and despises every other team that he plays. except for detroit since they have players that god loves more than tebow.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

I love the "Tebowing" movement. He is brings people together of all types, with humor! I LOVE IT, and I am not being sarcastic.

So did the Macarena and you see where that got us.

It's just another fad to distract you from the world and the challenges that real people face.

I'm sure that doing the "Vogue" would be just as popular now too hmm?

King

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
I am so glad I don't know who this guy is.

I don't watch football.
And I don't care about sports at all.

By beliefs are that it is merely a giant distraction.
A simple way to divert the attention of a whole lot of people.
Instead of focusing on our nation...

I digress,
If a player uses the media to witness for God...
And it grabs the attention of millions...

I salute him.

Well, I understand your opinion here, no disrespect and in the defense of sports I will say this....

Why do certain people enjoy kicking back with a good read/book or a movie etc? Sometimes for an escape. To escape our normal world, to reset, to unwind from all the crap we are going thru at work or all the stress from functioning in our current globalist grind culture etc. etc. It keeps us a bit sane a bit if you will. It's entertainment! But I totally understand your view on the sport. Believe me I held that view for a bit till I read some Marshal Mcluan and was exposed to his view of sports and thought more about it. I started to realize that it is an escape from the regular grind and a sort of remedy or tonic. Now I also believe that in its negative side, cause things often do come with negative aspects-just the nature of the world, that it will function as a kind of blinder to the world outside and our possible collapsing technicity (Martin Heidegger term here) reality to all the things politically that people say we shouldn't be apathetic about. It can make us lazy to put it bluntly. It can create a filter over our third eye.

Alan Watts says it best "A push from the left is a pull from the right"

edit on 18-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

i'm christian, but i think tebow is doing this more to make a fuss than anything. he's overdoing it and trying to convince himself that he is only interested in giving glory to god.

a verse is brought to mind

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I see you believe your god is focused on the important things like football.

Nevermind the child soldiers in Africa, the women being gang raped in the Congo as a weapon, the starving children in Asia, Africa, India, (And in America too.)

If god wanted to boost humanity he should probably look into these matters first before we focusing on such an inane thing as football.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Man, some of you all got it all off. Read some Martin heidegger, Alan Watts or Wittgenstein for a change. Watch your simulated reality collapse.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If Christ ever had existed, Tebow would be the 2nd coming. This guy is unlike anyone I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
If Christ ever had existed, Tebow would be the 2nd coming. This guy is unlike anyone I've ever seen.

Well, Christ may love Tebow, but according to Christmas Eve, God loves the Buffalo Bills.

Where are all the Christians now that Christ let Tebow throw 2 interceptions for touchdowns on Christmas Eve?? Was it Christs fault he lost, just as it was all his glory that he won all those games?
edit on 31-12-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Oh really? You might want to teach that to all the Republicans who think welfare is evil. All I ever hear is their complaining about how it is not right how they have to work more because someone else wont....
edit on 16-12-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Welfare IS evil. Not only is it forced, but it also has a side effect of creating a segment of the population that is dependent upon the government for their survival, which is one of the worst possible situations for a person to find themselves in. It also makes many of those who are forced to contribute the payments to the recipients be resentful towards those same recipients.

If you want to teach something, teach the value of voluntary charity, but understand that you can never *force* your views on morality by taking away from what someone else worked for without their consent.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I can't believe you folks think God is a Broncos fan.

Clearly he supports the Saints.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

he is also useful to the NFL, the more media he gets, the less the world hears about the idiots in football.

over 40 football players arrested since this season started.

the NFL is a business, and they would rather see tebow on the sport pages than the football player selling coc aine in chicago.

some quarterbacks are jerks, immature obnoxious jocks, tebow is a decent person.

he is a good influence, a breath of fresh air.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The religious aspect to the side, Tebow is the living proof that we can ALL succeed at what we really want from life, you just have to be willing to work hard at it. This kid was told all through life what a lousy football player he was. Did it stop him? No, it made him work even harder because he wanted to be a football player. So here he is in the NFL playoffs with people still saying he's not a football player! He's inspirational as proof that we can all have our dream come true....you have to work hard and believe in yourself. He's a role model for everybody.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do you think he is going to cheat, just like he did last week?

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I firmly feel the lord is using a quarterback in the NFL

except no one outside of the usa has a clue who tim tebow is.
i have a hard time discerning the joke threads from the real ones these days, i must be getting old.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Let me see, what book did I read this one in.....oh, yes.

ScoreBoards 10:45 And I sayeth to you, the broncos lost.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join