It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Use Of Tim Tebow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I firmly feel the lord is using a quarterback in the NFL for a purpose, to show a World in turmoil, what one individual, whose heart and mind is focused on the Lord can accomplish.

Perhaps, I could be mistaken, but simply look what this man has done, in the world of sports, and moreover the entire world of media in general, in just a few short months. No one man, short of this our own President, has recently polarized the world in such a fashion, and by merely taking a knee, in honor of the living God.

I realize in time, this unique phenomenon will fade, as all do, however, I think that this will stay in the hearts and minds of men, in the months to come, as we behold what will come upon this earth.

He is nothing short of normal, a simple man, playing quarterback in the NFL, yet he has been given a unique platform to express his faith, and for some reason, all have taken notice, not some but "all".

Why is this? I have no explanation, save this, the Lord of Hosts is with Tim, and is using him, to share his word, and as an example, of what we all can be, if we simply follow truths, set down thousands of years ago, which, no matter what faith you believe in, are universal, and understood in all mankinds hearts.

Ok, there I've said it..... I'll be ripped apart, in 3, 2, 1.......

edit on 16-12-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So god isnt real?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I will give him credit,hes playing decent.

Thats Until the Patriots break him down,into a million pieces on Sunday.

God wont save him,I am afraid.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't say all have taken notice.I haven't. I have heard of him. Apparently there is some new thing called Tebowing that some kids got suspended for. He is a quarterback, but that is about all I know.

That said, you said to just look at what he is doing in football.Do you really think God cares that much about sports?

If he is spreading the word of his faith, I say whatever, but I think that is on him and not on God.

I don't think he has been given a platform to do anything. He worked hard and earned his spot in the NFL. He built that platform himself through years of hard work, blood sweat and tears. If he chooses to use his celebrity to talk about his beliefs that is his prerogative...Not God's or anyone elses.

But that is just my humble opinion and is not meant to downplay yours at all.

So, just for what it is worth.

Peace and love.

Off to bed for me

edit on 16-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
more appropriate name for this thread would be Tim Tebows use of God.

Really though who is capitalizing more off the situation? Tim or God?

Nobody knew this kid a year ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Of course he is, and living in the hearts and minds of all mankind, providing a yearning search for answers, since the beginning of time....

Or did you just think we all search for meaning for no reason whatsoever????

As real as the day the world was created, that's right created....not happened by chance...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Of course he is, and living in the hearts and minds of all mankind, providing a yearning search for answers, since the beginning of time....

As real as the day the world was created, that's right created....not happened by chance...
So what your saying is, god doesnt exist but I think he does so thats fact

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So if he sucks next year, will the Good Lord accept the blame for that as well? Will he ever say "Why Jesus did you let me throw that game losing interception!??"

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
more appropriate name for this thread would be Tim Tebows use of God.

Really though who is capitalizing more off the situation? Tim or God?

Nobody knew this kid a year ago.

Tim doesn't care if anyone knows him. He is using his talents to spread his believe that he holds strong. It is a believe of peace, and love, compassion and determination. I think Tebow would throw all the money hes made away and all the fame to still be that same person. He represents a figure(Christ) that was more than materialism, greed, religion, more than words, more than heaven and hell and right and wrong. He was an example of how to attain true happiness. I don't claim to know what happens after life but like what Christ represented. Even if it is just a fairy tale.
Just my 2 cents. Peace all.

edit on 16-12-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

He will lose, and suck, in time, and will learn through adversity, but no, he will not blame God....

He will also win, and be a great humanitarian, in time, and will thank god for that opportunity....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

Exactly....

Very well said.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

Uh, I don't know him and I don't watch sports, so he's not living in my heart. If I search for answers, it certainly isn't with him or for him.

The search for meaning has nothing to do with football.

I'm sure that when he win's it's all about jesus, but if he loses, it's "his will" right?

Meh, it's just football, and he's a talented athlete (I guess) who practices and trains to be the best he can be.

It has nothing to do with jesus. What he does with this fame is his choice, but it isn't divinely inspired, just a new fad.

Moving on......

King

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

"Behold his mighty hand"....

More than a quote.... as all will see...

But I get what your saying, too bad it's a prevalent world view, look where it's got us...

Yes, religion has got us here as well, but not through Godly means, simply the means of mankind, using God as an excuse....

Que sera, sera.... in time we will know.....

Peace....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Star and flag OP.

I don't like football, I didn't know who tim tebow was until I came across "Tebowing." I love the "Tebowing" movement. He is brings people together of all types, with humor! I LOVE IT, and I am not being sarcastic.

edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Why is this? I have no explanation, save this, the Lord of Hosts is with Tim, and is using him, to share his word, and as an example, of what we all can be, if we simply follow truths, set down thousands of years ago, which, no matter what faith you believe in, are universal, and understood in all mankinds hearts. Ok, there I've said it..... I'll be ripped apart, in 3, 2, 1.......

Great thread! S&F. You are correct on this. Tebow is way more than his work on the field. I recently watched this short piece on him. Notice that his life is filled with examples of giving instead of taking. I have a theory on this:

If a person takes reward from life, a debt is created and suffering follows. Smoke and get cancer. Do drugs and lose the connection with family. Taking reward ends in suffering.

If a person suffers work (gives to others), reward follows for all involved. Work at a job and get a paycheck. Not only does the person working receive reward, but his family is rewarded. Suffering for others leads to reward.

Tebow is an example of selfless giving, working toward the ultimate reward of others. He takes this to a whole new level in simple ways. Reward is for everyone.

In the second video, he relates a story about placing John 3:16 on his face for a game. Within 24 hours of the game airing on TV, 94 million people googled John 3:16. That is a powerful witness. Would I need to Google the verse. Would you? Apparently 94 million do not have it memorized. What a witness to a life lived for others.

edit on 16-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
If a person suffers work (gives to others), reward follows for all involved. Work at a job and get a paycheck. Not only does the person working receive reward, but his family is rewarded. Suffering for others leads to reward.

Oh really? You might want to teach that to all the Republicans who think welfare is evil. All I ever hear is their complaining about how it is not right how they have to work more because someone else wont....
edit on 16-12-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Great reply, and thank you, not for me, but for the word which will spread, from this thread, and those "who read and understand" so to speak, let "me" disappear, as "he" reappears.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Oh really? You might want to teach that to all the Republicans who think welfare is evil. All I ever hear is their complaining about how it is not right how they have to work more because someone else wont....

Welfare is evil(but necessary for the time being as the government and the fed has cause the unemployment), but unneeded wars are also evil, and in this day and age we should be getting past war all together, it is outdated.

If the government was at the proper size, ended the drug war, ended foreign wars, and ended welfare, the income tax rate could be 0%, the state sales tax would come in to play to fund things we actually need. If we also ended the federal reserve and used currency that was based in something of physical value, then that would solve inflation which is a major thing that causes the wealth gap.

At this point, welfare wouldn't really be needed, any poor could be supported by communities and charity in the private sector.

But until all of that happens, people need welfare to get by.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
so is it the fundamentalist version of christianity that tebow and his idolizers promote as the one true faith or do they embrace heterodox christianity or gnostic faiths as well?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

One of the benefits of teaching in a small community is that I get to see the lives of kids extend beyond the years of their education. It is interesting to note the character of a teen as they progress through school and then compare this to the results years later. There are countless kids who are smart and talented who crash and burn later in life as a result of parents providing for their "needs" at every step. When real life comes, and it's time to work for reward, they fail utterly and end up living off their parents for years past high school.

We see this all the time in our own extended families. Unless a person is required to meet their own needs with meaning, the easy way out is the reward that is taken. Give a man the option of taking reward or suffering first for the reward, and too often, the reward that is easy is the path of least resistance. Welfare empowers and promotes people to take reward the easy way.

I also see the opposite happen. Many parents do the right thing when confronted with a teen running from responsibility. Instead of paying their way, they make them work while living at home. Instead of allowing them to keep their own money, they require the paycheck be deposited in an inaccessible account. Instead of wasting their money on long weekends, the funds are restricted to a savings account for a future apartment. Instead of allowing them to sleep until 1pm and stay up until dawn, they make them go to bed at 9pm and wake at 7am. Instead of allowing them to stay in the house all day, they send them out the door at 8am and require them to be back at dinner time. Eventually, the choice is made to find freedom and seek responsibility by necessity.

Welfare takes the necessity for work away in many cases. This takes a reward instead of filling a true need. For every person taking a reward, there are others missing their own real-world needs. This is the main complaint that most people have with welfare. We are empowering people to seek easy reward instead of suffering the work that life requires. Taking creates a debt.

I'll give you another example. I lived in the bootheel of Missouri for 3 years. On the first of the month, many of my students would be gone on a "family trip." The trip was to neighboring states to pick up welfare checks. You see, many of the residents of the bootheel will claim residency for a family member in neighboring states where other family live. They then go each month to claim their "assistance" checks. They then encourage their kids to have children as early as possible so they qualify for even more assistance. It's an endless cycle and we empower this by allowing it to happen.

You pay for this debt so someone else can live beyond their contribution to society. When reward is taken, a debt is required by someone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join