It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul DESTROYS Bachmann on Iran war debate.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I am totally with you on this. Go back and check my first post, it is the exact point I was trying to make. How anyone can think I ran obtaining nuclear missiles is okay is beyond me. I think most of the people is too young or too naive to understand what's at stake. I love most of what Ron Paul stands for but he is just dead wrong on this.

I'm glad you spoke up we need some voices of reason here.

Haha thank you. You Ron Paul People are just like the Obama People in 2007 and 8. He's going to change the world and make it a safer place! Not really because the media hate RP, the Congress hate RP. and TPTB hate RP. Only the people support him, and in today's politics, unfortunately that is not enough! That's why you need to go with the President who will work with all of them. A real change will not really come, with Ron Paul. Sorry to burst your bubble. He might even be worse than Obama because nobody will want to work with him because he is already considered "crazy" by many PTB of both parties.
edit on 16-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
The fear mongering that these people spread is ridiculous, they're using FEAR to try to get Americans to vote for them!

Sad thing it might just work... Our last election was all about "hope" and "change" and spreading fear that if this "hope" and "change" doesn't happen America will surely implode... Been pouring "hope" over my "change" for breakfast every morning for almost 4 years and isn't working...
They should issue an IQ test when we are in line to vote. You fail the IQ test you don't get to vote. Then again only about 5% of the people in this country would pass that test.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I really do not know why people think offense is a good defense.

Our current foreign policy will just break us from within, too many turds do not see this and that is why our country is falling apart.

we spend tons of money over seas, and have nothing to show for it. either wipe em out or move on home and take a defensive stance. so our enemies can break themselves on our defenses.

and fyi our enemy has won, look at how our freedoms are being taken away, look at the airports.

we lose we are not the same and they still remain the same. our policy is not working

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul the savior. Hip, hop, horray....

Nope. Second line- One man running on the republican ticket cannot save the world. sorry!

Israel is our ally up to a point. They should not expect us to bend over and backwards for them. They have enough military and economic muscle to get the job done for themselves. Stop being a child israel and learn to walk on your own.

We invaded iraq, afghanistand, somalia, libya, yemen, pakistan, etc. Enough is enough. America is getting a bad name deservedly.

Ron Paul maybe smarter than other republicans, but in the end he is still a conservative and all conservatives are wrong.

Vote for a democrat or better yet vote for spusa. We need less imperialism and more humanity asap!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988
For reference, Bachman quoted the "IAEA Report".

Well, Here it is in .pdf format.

G. Possible Military Dimensions
38. Previous reports by the Director General have identified outstanding issues related to possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme and actions required of Iran to resolve these. Since 2002, the Agency has become increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of undisclosed nuclear related activities involving military related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile, about which the Agency has regularly received new information.

Key words here are " Possible military dimensions".

39. The Board of Governors has called on Iran on a number of occasions to engage with the Agency on the resolution of all outstanding issues in order to exclude the existence of possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. In resolution 1929 (2010), the Security Council reaffirmed Iran’s obligations to take the steps required by the Board of Governors in its resolutions GOV/2006/14 and GOV/2009/82, and to cooperate fully with the Agency on all outstanding issues, particularly those which give rise to concerns about the possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme, including by providing access without delay to all sites, equipment, persons and documents requested by the Agency. Since August 2008, Iran has not engaged with the Agency in any substantive way on this matter.

So Iran has not been to cooperative with the IAEA who is requesting to be allowed to search. Iraq didnt either (at first), and we found no weapons of mass destruction there.

43. The information indicates that Iran has carried out the following activities that are relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device:

• Efforts, some successful, to procure nuclear related and dual use equipment and materials by military related individuals and entities (Annex, Sections C.1 and C.2);

• Efforts to develop undeclared pathways for the production of nuclear material (Annex, Section C.3);

• The acquisition of nuclear weapons development information and documentation from a clandestine nuclear supply network (Annex, Section C.4); and

• Work on the development of an indigenous design of a nuclear weapon including the testing of components (Annex, Sections C.5–C.12).

44. While some of the activities identified in the Annex have civilian as well as military applications, others are specific to nuclear weapons.

45. The information indicates that prior to the end of 2003 the above activities took place under a structured programme. There are also indications that some activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device continued after 2003, and that some may still be ongoing.

Take from that what you will.

Personally, there were plenty of UN reports that claimed Iraq had WMD. so the question is, do we trust these reports?
edit on 16-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

Now it's adding up. I thought Israel gave Iran the codes, keys and flight instructions for the US drone, now I know. The drone is big enough to carry a nuke and stealthy enough to evade radar, so the next thing we'll hear from Israel is "LOOK! I TOLD YOU SO! They are going to nuke us (Israel) with clones of your (US) drones!"
We need to put a fence and guard towers around Israel and give them a "time out". Sheesh!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
The Shi'i are obsessed with eschatology and convinced of their own Apocalyptic delusion. While I have little doubt the Iranians are working on a nuke, I highly doubt they will start a war...that wouldn't really conform to their vision of the End Times.

I suspect the Iranian regime is trying to PROVOKE war. And if cooler heads don't prevail, the preemptive action by the United States will make the Iranian's delusion a reality and give them all the justification they need to begin their Shi'i Armageddon.

Their religious text demands that the world must be purified with FIRE so their Imam (Their Jesus) can pop out of a well and rule over the infidels with an iron fist. They will launch the moment they are sure their nuke will work.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I hope you people choose a peacekeeper president , or the history will repeat itself.
I respect you choosing a president who can keep you safe from your enemies , but I think you better know your enemies.

People in middle east are not your enemies , multinational corporations are.

hope.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You were watching a different debate than I did. Paul came off as the crazy grandpa who doesn't understand what's really going on in the world. He really looked like a nut job when he tried to answer this question. Paul, for the second time, presented Iran as the aggrieved party in the conflict, surrounded by America and fearing our war-like intentions. Paul’s arguments perfectly followed Iranian propaganda talking points. He wrapped up his argument by asserting that the greatest danger we face is “overreacting” to an Iranian threat that be believes does not exist. He showed himself to be even farther left than Obama when it comes to Iranian appeasement.

May we have our drone back, please? Pretty please??
edit on 16-12-2011 by BlueGargoyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I am on RP side about the wars and base's and bringing home the troops and the fact we are broke and can not police the world and we should take care of our own first, but if he keeps pushing the Iran nuke is no big deal retoric Ron Paul is doomed.This "Iran can have the bomb if they want to" is not going to fly with the American people as long as Iran keeps threatening Iseral.

I think if he would just say these are MY feelings but I would let my generals have the last word on Iran, Paul would be a shoe-in at this point.

If he were to do that I would find that the lady answered the question was not satisfactory. He left me with the impression that he would not do what is necessary to protect America and its interest. Peace at any cost is not worth the price you may have to pay. Until I hear something along the lines of what you just said I can't vote for him.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I've read somewhere double that number underground years ago. I wish I could remember where I saw that so to link it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Everyday in which the privileged country of Israel demands that America help attend to problems they've essentially created for themselves, is just another day that the world is distracted from more serious issues.

source : www.globalissues.org...

F.T.G.

edit on 16-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents the truth ...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here is the solution imo. Do AWAY with the security council and allow all members of the UN an equal vote, then whatever the majority says, that is what should be down and member militaries from the agreeing nations can get together to neutralise the threat.

The way the UN is setup now is a total conspiracy. Basically all the super-powers, who are also the leading exporters of weapons and oil&gas consumption have every motive to declare war on their perceived threats.

America, russia, britain, france, israel are NOT the world. They NEED to respect the REST OF THE WORLD!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

It is extremely sad that the US star wars economy never went away. War is all the US knows. "I am for peace" BOOM! Oh! Yea! sorry about the one millions of innocent kids, woman and men that died in the process that's the price for democracy. HOHOHOHOHOHOHHOO! Coca Cola!
For crying out loud, the national US anthem is a song about war. US = ADDICTED to war. " I am for peace." Actions speak louder then words. USA is the ONLY nation that used an atomic bomb on the planet as a means to kill. Some will defend: "they were attacked." Well now who is afraid of the atomic bomb? You or US? Who is attacking who? How many military bases? How many? About 900 !!!!!!!!!!

9 0 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the name of peace!!!!!!! Hi! I come in peace! BANG~!! your dead!

So much anger$@#$@#
The arrogance she displays is UNREAL!

As for Ron Paul, blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherd the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper and finder of lost children. I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fuuuuuuuuuurious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know my name is the LORD! When I lay my vengeance upon thee!
You are one tough man to put up with all those brainwashed wackos. I admire you sir very much. Please, I hope REAL peace rules and not made in the USA peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
Everyday in which the privileged country of Israel demands that America help attend to problems they've essentially created for themeselves, is just another day that the world is distracted from more serious issues.

source : www.globalissues.org...

F.T.G.

edit on 16-12-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul represents the truth ...

I agree wholeheartedly and its getting sickening. Israel said this and Israel said that...

Why should anyone give a flying monkeys ass what israel wants? What does israel provide for all the demands they make? They provide #!!!

Let us talk about the ancient astronaut theory, global capitalism leads to unemployment, labor unions versus business, lets go back to the moon and then mars, etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

I can only suggest that you go back and learn history Japan attacked the United States pulling us into a war that we did not want after we became seclusionist which Ron Paul is suggesting we do again. Yes we dropped the atomic bombs on Japan and it saved more lives than what would've been lost had we invaded considering they were going to fight to the very last man woman and child. I don't feel like going into a long discussion about this I just wish some of you would go and learn your history. What would've been worse millions of lives over the next 15 years with that hundred thousand in that instant.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How can anyone take this fear mongering seriously anymore?

It's "literally" the same thing EVERYTIME.

Some mad man has weapons and we'd be making a terrible mistake if we don't deal with them!!

How many times have we heard this now????

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Iraq had WMD's, the only reason they weren't paraded out for the world press was that they were stamped Made In The U.S.A..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Iraq had WMD's, the only reason they weren't paraded out for the world press was that they were stamped Made In The U.S.A..

This is a new one. How hard would it have been to take the made in USA sticker off of them?

Iraq had chemical, and biological weapons at one point. But most of them were useless, and UNSCOM spent nearly a decade disarming them in Iraq.

There is still no justification for the war. Try again.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only hope for the sane portion of humanity left on the Planet.May God protect this man from the serpents of evil so for once in our lives we are free to thrive if he becomes President.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

This is a new one. How hard would it have been to take the made in USA sticker off of them?

Iraq had chemical, and biological weapons at one point. But most of them were useless, and UNSCOM spent nearly a decade disarming them in Iraq.

There is still no justification for the war. Try again.

Where did I say it was justification?

Way to put words in my mouth.

I said there were WMD's in Iraq, we gave them to Iraq when they were fighting Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join