It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul DESTROYS Bachmann on Iran war debate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I respectfully disagree. I don't think nuclear weapons should ever be used on anyone anywhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I wish I could see (and hear) vids. I would love to watch this!

Anyway, to get rid of war, We must remove the profit motive from the war suppliers - who often supply both sides in wars They instigated.

To do that We need abundant energy - money merely accounts for meaningfull energy expended in an energy scarce world.

To get free energy, electrogravitics must be wrested from black ops. It could provide clean, negentropic energy in vast abundance.

For more info, see My thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Actually, I think all wars need to stop. It's bloody murderous madness. All I want is a Presidential Administration who will cut the foreign apron strings and throw out the foreigners who are somehow, telling this country what to do with MY money.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hahaha, politicians are just as manipulated by these "REPORTS" as US citizens are.

I'm glad RP stepped in and said the report was WRONG. Just like the reports about Iraq having WMD's.

The fear mongering that these people spread is ridiculous, they're using FEAR to try to get Americans to vote for them!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Dear Friend,

As bad as you made that sound, it is way, way worse.

All of the candidates other than Ron Paul represent the same power broker - The Multi-headed Zionist Hydra.

The ADL, CFR, SPLC, AEI, JINSA and related organizations run the the US. Run it into the ground, I might add.

Bachmann is total sl_t b_tch for nuclear armed, Apartheid state of Israel but so are the other clowns.

Israel's death wish is sucking the whole world into a vortex of destruction - warn everyone you know.

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by Alaskan Man

What the HELL is this Bachmann saying about worldwide domination and caliphates?

Has Israel really invaded your politics to such a degree that everyone in the Republican party, except for Ron Paul, is Israel's little bitch?

It is insanely disturbing to see those lies spouted from a religio-tard with some influence. Sort it out America.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
Has anybody noticed that Bachmann's FIRST concern was "destroy our ally Israel", America came second. For me this only phrase says it all.

This comment is worthy of a million stars. This is exactly true. Her concern and the US Admins concern is Israel first then the US

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Are you all insane? Do any of you know anybody from Iran? I know several people and I can tell you from talking with them that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon the radical religious faction will have no problem initiating a war against Israel. They believe their Savior will rise up and lead them to victory over the world.

I do not want our country going to war with Iran but what I want less is a country that is run by madmen in possession of a nuclear weapon. It we get solid intelligence that they are moments away from achieving that goal I hope to God we have a president that has a sense to strike and take out their capability, we don't have to have a drawnout war just take out the facility.

I like a lot of things about Ron Paul if there is a Republican I will vote for it will be him but the idea of withdrawing our military from the world does not sit right with me. I have heard him say on several ocassions that he does not know why we need to be in Korea. I served there and I could easily explain the reasons why to him but he should know them already. We do need to scale back the military but what he is proposing is to much.

I wish Ron had answered the hypothetical question straight forward instead of the way he did. That is one part that has me doubting him. I believe I could have lived with everything else but I wanted to know when the chips were down that he would act.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Bachmann's very last comment makes my blood boil. How could she even fathom saying that after everything she just got done saying!

Well she read that not so famous book by Joseph Tolstoy (Leo's younger brother), "War IS Peace".

edit on 16-12-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
Has anybody noticed that Bachmann's FIRST concern was "destroy our ally Israel", America came second. For me this only phrase says it all.

Exactly...and how has Israel (our ally) treated us?

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I bet the military industrial complex hates Ron Paul. He would make it very hard to make a profit, since he actually doesn't want war.....

edit on 16-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Well, if by military industrial complex you mean to include our service men and women in uniform, then that's incorrect because most of our servicemen and women love Ron Paul and are his biggest supporters.

Go Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
MSNBC did a factcheck on the exchange last night between Bachmann and Paul. Paul is correct!

Look, Paul is no wimp--IF the USA were attacked, he'd IMMEDIATELY get that Constitutional Declaration of War from Congress, go in, get it done, come home. These un-Constitutional, undeclared, unnecessary, never-ending wars, designed ONLY to further enrich a few, while simultaneously bankrupting this country, are what he's against! In addition, if he received intelligence that an attack was in the works, he'd take the necessary measures to attempt to avoid being attacked.

MSNBC Fact Checks Bachmann/Paul exchange on Iran Nukes
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just heard on 'Rush', RP 'came off like the crazy uncle everyone knows'. The war machine owns everyone but RP, and they cant let him continue to rise in the polls. He made Bachman look ridiculous and still Rush ignored it, because RP's not part of the club. For a minute there, I thought maybe Rush could support RP, then I snapped out of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"I love Ron Paul's fiscal policies, but his foreign policies scare the crap out of me."

Any person who says the above statement has been watching too much Fox News or listening to too much Rush Limbaugh.

They obviously haven't done enough research on the politics of the Middle East or on Ron Paul's stance on Foreign Policy.

Read his book ... then, you've earn the right to say his stance scares you. Until then, you're just another talking head ... repeating only what you've heard from others.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Are you all insane? Do any of you know anybody from Iran? I know several people and I can tell you from talking with them that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon the radical religious faction will have no problem initiating a war against Israel. They believe their Savior will rise up and lead them to victory over the world.

Yes, I have met and worked with people from Iran. Yes, the theologians there are a bit on the crazy side. But if Iran were to detonate a nuclear missle in someone elses country resulting in a retaliatory strike killing millions on both sides, based on the input I have had from these Iranian ex-pats, no amount of military oppression would stop the tidal wave of anger and rage that would be inflicted upon the Iranian government and supreme council by the people of Iran.

The Ayatollah knows this.. that's why they would do nothing. They are in a one sided M.A.D. situation. They cannot destroy the government of Israel with one bomb and they cannot survive the aftermath of an attack, either. In addition, the fallout would hit Jordan, Iraq, and parts of Iran causing long term collateral damage. And neither China nor Russia would tolerate them launching a nuclear strike for a number of reasons.

So in a nutshell... IF Iran is making a nuclear weapon.. which is definately not certain at all... the act of using it would result in the annihilation of their own country.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For reference, Bachman quoted the "IAEA Report".

Well, Here it is in .pdf format.

G. Possible Military Dimensions
38. Previous reports by the Director General have identified outstanding issues related to possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme and actions required of Iran to resolve these. Since 2002, the Agency has become increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of undisclosed nuclear related activities involving military related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile, about which the Agency has regularly received new information.

Key words here are " Possible military dimensions".

39. The Board of Governors has called on Iran on a number of occasions to engage with the Agency on the resolution of all outstanding issues in order to exclude the existence of possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. In resolution 1929 (2010), the Security Council reaffirmed Iran’s obligations to take the steps required by the Board of Governors in its resolutions GOV/2006/14 and GOV/2009/82, and to cooperate fully with the Agency on all outstanding issues, particularly those which give rise to concerns about the possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme, including by providing access without delay to all sites, equipment, persons and documents requested by the Agency. Since August 2008, Iran has not engaged with the Agency in any substantive way on this matter.

So Iran has not been to cooperative with the IAEA who is requesting to be allowed to search. Iraq didnt either (at first), and we found no weapons of mass destruction there.

43. The information indicates that Iran has carried out the following activities that are relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device:

• Efforts, some successful, to procure nuclear related and dual use equipment and materials by military related individuals and entities (Annex, Sections C.1 and C.2);

• Efforts to develop undeclared pathways for the production of nuclear material (Annex, Section C.3);

• The acquisition of nuclear weapons development information and documentation from a clandestine nuclear supply network (Annex, Section C.4); and

• Work on the development of an indigenous design of a nuclear weapon including the testing of components (Annex, Sections C.5–C.12).

44. While some of the activities identified in the Annex have civilian as well as military applications, others are specific to nuclear weapons.

45. The information indicates that prior to the end of 2003 the above activities took place under a structured programme. There are also indications that some activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device continued after 2003, and that some may still be ongoing.

Take from that what you will.

Personally, there were plenty of UN reports that claimed Iraq had WMD. so the question is, do we trust these reports?
edit on 16-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
He really exposes how much of a war monger these candidates are, ...

War mongers .... I dunno. Extremely uninformed about the world and the realities in it? Definately.
Ron Paul is exposing stupidity.
There are a lot of people who want to be POTUS (Or V POTUS) and who simply aren't qualified ...
Bachmann, Palin, OBAMA.
They are clueless about what is going on in the world and what to do.
They are inept or severely underqualified for the job of Commander in Chief of the USofA Armed Forces.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
MSNBC did a factcheck on the exchange last night between Bachmann and Paul. Paul is correct!

Got someone else who did this? Sorry but MSNBC 'fact checking' anything ... well ....

Seriously ... just her name sets them off frothing at the mouth.
And they are well known Obama-shills ....
edit on 12/16/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Habit4ming

Got someone else who did this? Sorry but MSNBC 'fact checking' anything ... well ....

Seriously ... just her name sets them off frothing at the mouth.
And they are well known Obama-shills ....
edit on 12/16/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

jobs.)

“There’s no U.N. evidence of that happening [Iran developing a nuclear weapon]. [James] Clapper in our national security department, he says there is no evidence…. They don’t have a weapon. They don’t have a nuclear weapon.”

— Ron Paul

“The reason why I would say that is because we know without a shadow of a doubt that Iran will take a nuclear weapon, they will use it to wipe our ally Israel off the face of the map, and they’ve stated they will use it against the United States of America. … We have an IAEA report that just recently came out that said literally Iran is within just months of being able to obtain that weapon.”

— Bachmann

Both Paul and Bachmann stretch the evidence to offer their very different takes on Iran and its nuclear ambitions.

James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, said the United States did not know if Iran was pursuing nuclear weapons but that its programs gave it the option to do so. Similarly, the most recent report by the International Atomic Energy Agency made no prediction about Iran being months away from a weapon, but warned that there were troubling signs that made it difficult to conclude that its activities were peaceful

The IAEA report said:

The Agency has serious concerns regarding possible military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. After assessing carefully and critically the extensive information available to it, the Agency finds the information to be, overall, credible. The information indicates that Iran has carried out activities relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device. The information also indicates that prior to the end of 2003, these activities took place under a structured programme, and that some activities may still be ongoing.

Moreover, as we’ve written, Bachmann overstates what Iran has said about using a nuclear weapon to “wipe Israel off the map.”

“If she thinks we live in a dangerous world, she ought to think back when I was drafted in 1962, with the nuclear missiles in Cuba. And Kennedy calls Khrushchev and talks to him and talks him out of this and we don’t have a nuclear exchange.”

— Paul

President Kennedy did not call the Soviet leader. They exchanged letters, and Kennedy famously ignored a belligerent one to respond to an earlier, more conciliatory letter. The “hotline” between the two nations was established after the crisis.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
she stumbled at the end like "awww snap i got my ass beat" lawl

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The reason so many in power want nuclear arms eliminated, is because it makes large scale conventional war impossible.
They have no concern for "collateral" damage. It just makes all their precious "toys" useless.
Even 1 nuc would have made the Iraq debuncle over before it started. You don't have to destroy everything, the EMP pulse would have made all the fancy high tech weaponry useless.
A word to the wise, next time some "leader" spouts the the desire to rid the world of nuclear weapons, ask yourself why ???.
Is to protect "us" or is it to protect their "toys"
Just something to chew on.
edit on 16-12-2011 by ThromBombudill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join