It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICC prosecutor: Gadhafi death may be war crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Source USAToday

Luis Moreno Ocampo told reporters after briefing the U.N. Security Council that he sent a letter to the head of the National Transitional Council asking what the government's plans are to investigate alleged war crimes by all parties, including the rebels.

Thats rather interesting so i guess NATO could then could be also guilty of war crime?

As for the facebook users on that news article i will bold them.

Give me a break you bleeding heart liberals. A single .45 bullet saved millions in trying to incarcerate this madman and murderer
So this Neocon says that who lives in South Carolina stated that the rebel or the western agent who killed Gadhafi with a single bullet saved millions of other Libyans?

I am not making up excuses for the freedom fighters that handed out some street justice but why isn't Cheney and his ilk under the same scrutiny? The freedom fighters crime resulted in the death on one while Cheney's war crimes resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of Iraqi civilian lives plus the lives of our fallen heroes all over a war of aggression against a sovereign nation.

The Reponse from a user

"Cheney and his ilk" are under less scrutiny, because the world runs on evidence, not repeated lies.
Oh really because the world runs on evidence, not repeated lies? thats a new one what about the fact we killed a millions of Iraqis? oh i guess facts dont matter anymore.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
When thousands of civilians (and soldiers ) die, on either side: No problem

But when the leader dies it is a crime of war?

So the people who are ordered in, or can not get away, or simply killed by accident. No problem

But when the person dies that actually HAS a responsibility (or had ;-) then it's a crime of war?
I think top politicians and leaders have this covered as well: We start the wars, we create wars, we might even loose wars... But they are not allowed to be killed during the war/rebellion whatever.. , because they need time to bribe Dr. Death.

(I think Gadaffi wasn't that bad, but that is not the point)

It is the REVERSED world again, and the masses keep falling for this ancient trick!
edit on 16-12-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

war-crime , or murder ?

the answer obviously lies with the identity and allegience of the person who killed him

as an example :

if the killer was an hypothetical brittish SAS trooper , acting under direct orders from london - then its a warcrime

if the likker was an hypothetical former victim of ghadaffis secret police - who simply joined the rebbelion out of vengence - and took his chance to avenge himself - thats murder [ with mitigating factors ]

simples

it all boils down to the existance or absence of a chain of command and / or orders

join