It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No longer allowed to stand in public?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was walking home today with my girlfriend after school, and we decided to go separate ways--her to her house, me to my own. Normally we walk a tad further before doing so, but today was cold and we both had things to do.

Now, keep in mind that both of us are nearly straight-A students and we have both a decent rapport with the faculty at our school. We are older, myself just about to graduate. So here we are stopping in front of a building called "Community Public Library" and we stand there for no much longer than say... two minutes. So we briefly talk, I give her a hug and proceed to give her a good-bye kiss when guess who pulls over beside me? The principal of my school and the head security guard!

Our two minute good bye was halted by these people who told us we could not stand there while doing "that". Doing hug? Being friendly? Was it the hug that bugged them, or was it my smile? Perhaps my shoes were touching his favorite piece of grass? I have no idea. They waited for us to move, and cared little of our mutual confusedness. Note: We were not making out or anything (nor were we going to), and we were at a PUBLIC library. You know, public... as in people go there.

Yeah I guess it could have been an issue if we were making other people feel uncomfortable but come on guys... a hug? Well, the ulterior reason I am nearly positive they even bothered to stop is likely due to the pot problem people at my school like to initiate at the Community Center. Ah well, I am glad I was profiled
I am also glad that they were wasting their time breaking up my hug instead of actually being productive too... it's not like 5% of the school comes to school high at least once a week or anything... (not a real fact, just an observation with a number attached to it).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I am betting that you were wearing your uniform?
This is probably the reason for them infringing on your freedoms because in their opinion it is tainting the schools image.
What a sad world we live in, I say next time have some public intercourse on your principals car

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
I am betting that you were wearing your uniform?
This is probably the reason for them infringing on your freedoms because in their opinion it is tainting the schools image.
What a sad world we live in, I say next time have some public intercourse on your principals car

Hahahah

Maybe tape it, send him a copy in case he misses it...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
damn the man!
tp his house

or call him a paedo!
call your local news and say he licked his lips
while you kissed

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm a little confused. Were you on school grounds? You were in front of the "Community Public Library". Was this part of the school?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Haha! If that had happened here, the students would have told the nosy principal and lackey security guard to get fkd.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Simple, make a point of changing out of your school uniform as soon as you leave the school grounds, if it happens again then try to get a restraining order against him. Maybe that will get the point across.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Hahaha interesting solution, but no no uniform at my school. And why him and the security guard drive around school together makes little sense. I mean even if they wanted to enforce dumb laws, would they not have common sense to split up and cover more ground? Idk...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

No we were not on school grounds. The Community Center is rather close to the school, but is actually off of school grounds. In fact, where we were located quite honestly was barely even on Community Center grounds...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

No school uniform, surprisingly. Honestly out of all the restricted freedoms I would probably be most ok with a school uniform. Sounds odd, but when it comes down to it I do not need different clothes and hair styles to individualize myself like the majority of people seem to need. I hate dumb things that they won't let us do...

I remember one time I could not go to my locker during school because where my locker is specifically located, there are no teachers on duty to supervise my locker visit. NOW THAT pisses my off. I am almost 18 and you won't let me go to my locker without someone holding my hand? Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Honestly i would just tell him to # off if he does it again, your not at school, he has no right to tell you what to do. Wouldn't that be harassment or stalking?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Hahaha interesting solution, but no no uniform at my school. And why him and the security guard drive around school together makes little sense. I mean even if they wanted to enforce dumb laws, would they not have common sense to split up and cover more ground? Idk...
Well then there is no legal reason for them to be doing what they did and I suggest next time telling them to get lost, its downright creepy to be honest

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

If you weren't on school grounds, it's non of their business. They were just trying to push their authority, but were out of bounds.

If they ever do anything like that again, tell them it's non of their business and don't be polite about it.

new topics

top topics

join