It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're American! Do you have freedom of Speech? Let's find out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ok, we all know this new law is getting passed.

The National Defense Authorization Act.
Which basically gives authority to our military to round up and detain American Citizens who are suspected of
terrorism or supporting terrorism.

That's all good and fine until you realize that by popping off at the mouth about how "every member in congress needs to be drawn and quartered" or how you "hope the president gets (you know what)inated"....you could very well end your ass up in a detention facility where you will be held indefinately as an enemy combatant or a domestic terrorist.

Knowing all that, did you have something you wanted to say about our government?
Anything at all?

Did you want to exercise your "free speech" tonight?
Certainly there has to be something you wanted to say to our government.
The whole country is listening.

At least it's not as bad as Chi....err....nevermind.
Well, at least it's not as bad as North Kor......ummm....strike that.
Help me out here people.

At least it's not as bad as......

See you in the camps.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes there is.
I would like to say "thank you very much for the free cheese".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
the last time i did , the thread got closed, due to T&C violation, so for know i will keep my words to my self, you can see the thread post on my profile, for i think even posting a link to it might be a T&C violation

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would like to see members of Congress drawn and quartered.

And who wouldn't love to see the White House burn down for a second time.

And Barbara Bush should have had an abortion - or two

Good news everyone! I'm still sleeping in my own bed tonight
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Not going to see you in the camps.

If you do I will only be there to open the doors again.

Thats all I have to say.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread to consider now that we're seeing these laws passed that most of us never thought we'd see in this nation of ALL places. I don't think anything we say will make any difference now though either good or bad.

I hate to throw this out there because some people do worry easily, but it's just the truth as I see it on this with regard to these new detention options they seem to have. The lists they will be going off, if it actually comes to that, were drawn up over the past few YEARS...not weeks. Those of us who may or may not be on their lists won't get off them now by simply having a public change of tone....and people who have been 'good' won't get thrown on them without being awfully obnoxious

I think that IF we actually DO see an organized move to detain Americans around the nation for dissent, it will definitely start with the loud mouths on the net, radio and organizations who have a long running and well established record for speaking out. and It wouldn't be just the casual poster/contributor or person who very recently joined the crowd of citizens feeling fed up. That category is simply TOO long and wide, even by the rumored FEMA camp standards.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Here's yer star! Bumped as well, because free speech should be
suppported! If anybody was to ask, my end of it is [that] an American
should be prepared to die for what he believes in-- but I am concerned
if somebody in the government feels I should die for not believing the
same thing(s) he does. Gender non-specific, of course. The latter
dynamic has nothing to do with free speech; and if the definition of
terrorism is violence or the threat of violence in order to promote a
political result; what we see is a big stack of muscle pushing that
door that swings both ways really hard into one's aging butt. By
the way Senator, you should really look up the law that requires
me to stick my life on the line for what YOU believe in without saying.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They need a gestapo, so they are targeting children and those who are ignorant of what this country stands for.

Heres a thread to look into. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
That's all good and fine until you realize that by popping off at the mouth about how "every member in congress needs to be drawn and quartered" or how you "hope the president gets (you know what)inated"....you could very well end your ass up in a detention facility where you will be held indefinately as an enemy combatant or a domestic terrorist.

Wait -- you are equating free speech to making veiled threats? What are you trying to prove here? While I am all for unrestricted speech -- but wishing death upon another human being is your idea of exercising that Right? To each their own but I will stick to more constructive means.

Did you want to exercise your "free speech" tonight?
Certainly there has to be something you wanted to say to our government.
The whole country is listening.

Well this isn't really the forum to exercise that right -- as it is a privately held space in which we all agreed to speak under certain circumstances; technically "free" speech does not exist here but is purview and subject to the moderators of this forum. I have never waned from what is on my mind -- not while I was in the military nor the current position I hold today. I have never been threatened for my view in either spot, though they were rough and critical of the Government.

Yet, here you are spreading fear that any Joe Blow that runs his mouth (not with the suggestive nature of your speak above of course) will be rotting in a prison for the rest of their lives.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Ask your self this, would that mean members of ATS? The US, has declared any one, any place, fair game, by the war on terror act(s). If your hostile or Belligerent, have given aid to, in any form, as in money, food, housing, and or med's or even by saying "good for them, it is about time the USA got a taste of their own" the US has the right to come get you, hold you with out trial, till the war or hostility's have ended, and this goes on to cover US allies, coalition forces so if you say "the UK should have stayed out that is why they got..." the US could and most likely will come after you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I won't be in the camps.. lol.

And yeah, America sucks.. but do I wish anything radical? no..

I do however support a civilian revolution.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There is a lot that I want to say about our government.

Let's start with:

It's run by corporate puppets that respond to their string pullers by either bending over and taking it up the ****chute, or getting on their knees and slobbering while muttering, "Yes Sir, tastes so good."

It has ignored the Constitution and is now actively destroying it.

It thinks it knows better than it's citizens how their daily lives should be run and what would make them happiest.

It thinks that it can regulate sexual additudes and mores just by saying what it thinks is right and wrong.

But it is useless to just post it here, these are all issues that must be brought up in public forums, something that I do every chance that I have.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

This is an interesting thread to consider now that we're seeing these laws passed that most of us never thought we'd see in this nation of ALL places. I don't think anything we say will make any difference now though either good or bad.

I hate to throw this out there because some people do worry easily, but it's just the truth as I see it on this with regard to these new detention options they seem to have. The lists they will be going off, if it actually comes to that, were drawn up over the past few YEARS...not weeks. Those of us who may or may not be on their lists won't get off them now by simply having a public change of tone....and people who have been 'good' won't get thrown on them without being awfully obnoxious

I think that IF we actually DO see an organized move to detain Americans around the nation for dissent, it will definitely start with the loud mouths on the net, radio and organizations who have a long running and well established record for speaking out. and It wouldn't be just the casual poster/contributor or person who very recently joined the crowd of citizens feeling fed up. That category is simply TOO long and wide, even by the rumored FEMA camp standards.

I have to agree with both your points here. Whatever damage is done is already done. Put a large verbal period on this last sentence. However historically, whenever this has happened before, jailing a few of the most outspoken will silence the rest. At the very least jailing the leaders will diffuse any effort to revolt. Since we really don't have any leaders to jail the most outspoken will be the next target. Remember fear is the tool and has been since 911. The fact that Project For A New American Century called for 911, William Cooper predicted something like that would happen soon and then was killed soon after, and the fact that pre-911 no one was worried about anything should altogether serve as those wonderful 20/20 hindsight goggles and show us one that 911 was very fishy - to say the least - and that they needed to instill fear in us to accomplish what they want.

So what does this new legislation do? It tries to breathe new life into the fear that has become stale and silly for many of us. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything! What was that old eighties song from the Clash? Stand or fall? Personally, I do not want to live in the world that looks like it is approaching. But that is just me.

And I hat to post this all the time but these two films seem prescient here.

and the sequel

and one for good measure

I post these because of their reference to vibrational rates and the effects that fear has on them. But the next one I offer to counter balance;

Just another perspective.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
All the things they are doing is to make people just like you, affraid to speak your mind, affraid to say AMERICA IS NOT A DEMOCRACY ANYMORE!!!!! Affraid to say Obama is a puppet.

This post proves that their plan is working, they only take your Liberty and your Rights away when you let them.
They only win when you loose!!!!!!
You only looose when you surrender.

If your affraid to compair The USA to North Korea and China, ill do it for you. WE ARE BECOMING NORTH KOREA AND CHINA everyday people like you waste time and speech cowering and not standing in front of a wall of morals and values.

top topics

join