It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Please Help Me Understand What’s Going On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Brothers/Sisters:

I’m lost at the moment and need to find my way back to Mother USA.

Why do we live under a “War on Terrorism”? Isn’t that like saying we live under a “War on Car Theft”? Of course we’re against terrorism, it’s an unspeakable, inexcusable act of crime to almost the highest degree. But since when does that mean we should change or sacrifice the Constitution and our Rights as U.S. Citizens over it? In my eyes, having to sacrifice our rights is as big a victory for terrorists than the actual acts they committed. I’m not sure, I need some help and would like any feedback willing to be offered on this issue.

I also believe the existence of the “Dept. of Homeland Security” is bullsh!t. And, it’s name should be changed to the “Dept. of Security for the U.S. Gov.’t and Elite Citizens.” Is there something I’m not grasping? Why do we need to form a new branch of the government that gets to sidestep the Constitution despite how devastating 9/11 was? If the government at the top were doing their damn jobs in the first place, 9/11 would be a distant memory in my opinion. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

When did the government stop caring what the American citizens thought about their actions and decisions, and what we thought America’s priorities should be? On the outside looking in, it appears they are on their own agenda, as opposed to serving the country and its best interests. Serving us is all their job description is, their only responsibilities and only concerns, isn’t that right? Once again, I’m not sure, can someone correct me if I missed something?

What’s the real deal behind the FEMA camps, the supposed underground transportation system across most of the country, all the hints of possible militarization of our own country, etc, etc,. I could go on and on about little individual things that by themselves are minuscule. When everything is all added together though, they form an equation that could be as scary as E=MC2, (which led to nuclear bombs/energy.)

In closing, the only thing I know for sure is I won’t live in a communist/militarized/police state country. And I will not watch America die without giving my last breath for her and my God.

Peace be with everyone,
Chris Sandlin / CBS01

edit on 12/16/11. by CBS01 because: grammar correction

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
9/11 was a psychological wound.

It is working wonders against my fellow americans.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
War and destruction can be very profitable, provided you belong to the right class.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Government working for us.... Has a nice ring to it. We should try to get the government to try that experiment at some point. It might just catch on.

I wonder if at some point Monstanto and Goldman Sachs and Pfizer and the MPAA/RIAA might consider lending them back to us for a bit?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Hello Alabama. Left Mississippi almost two years ago for all the same reasons you list, and more. First of all get outta there, if they cut bridges your are stuck on that side of the Mississippi River.

IMHO this is all coming to a head very fast. Today, at my store, my friend from Serbia came in and asked me if I had heard about the new law that passed both houses of Congress. I thought he was talking about the indefinite detainment bill until he mentioned that this law said that if you had over seven days food in your house they could arrest you. I am thinking it is the same bill, but not sure.

Now this guy is not a nut, he is married to a lawyer from Lake Forest IL - one of the richest suburbs of Chicago - and if he is worried it is time to fill up both tanks on my truck and get those new hiking boots I have been putting off till after Christmas.

Feel free to U2U me if you want to continue this discussion privately. Feeling your pain too, but have been since I was a junior in high school.

Remember though the price of freedom is an eternally vigilant citizenry. And we have not been vigilant, have we?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I always wondered what would happen if anybody showed up at a FEMA camp early before the stage was set and said Im here to serve my time. I bet that would confuse the hell out of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The best way i can put it is we live in a country that says "in god we trust", but last time i checked we dont live by any standard that god, as we precieve the entity, would recomend. What we know is christ his alledged son came into being and roamed the lands promoting a life style, and 2000 years later we still havent come close to achieveing what his ideals entailed, yet we say we do what we do as a nation in his name?!. We should look at what happened to christ as a foreshadowing of our own fates. Christ was killed by the governing body at the time, why would they kill a man that promoted nothing but peace and oneness? Well when those that run the show think their show might come to an end they will take what ever action is needed to make sure their idea of whats right comes to pass. If christ would have been left to live and achieve his goal the concepts of society would have changed radically and the world as we know it would not be, god knows there wouldnt be a financial system or anything that makes one man better then another. So basically we live in a godless nation that takes advantage of its people and pretty much dose what ever it wants in hopes of perserving its own concepts of life, which in most opinions helps only a few and leaves the rest to fight for what ever scraps are left behind.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Second Paragraph May Be Important or Could Be B.S., I Don't Know:
Thanks to all replies so far, you're all correct in my opinion but maybe in different ways, which is good in my opinion. I have almost bitten my tongue off trying to keep this next paragraph to myself but I was told by both sources I could mention this but not go into any details they may have passed on.

Basically, it was mentioned to me indirectly by an ooold friend and a relative that are both close to many homecoming troops that there's a small movement going on within these troops. Supposedly, if the FEMA camp rumors turn out to be true later on, there's going to be, depending on circumstances, as many as possible vet.'s apply for those positions and put themselves where they can help the country the most if things go south. Neither my friend or my relative know each other. I have no idea what to think or if it matters anyway. Just thought I'd share this with others while I'm still alive(lol). That's all I heard so don't waste time asking any questions. Heck, this may be being done across the country as a decoy just to keep the gov.'t on their toes. Anyways......

Peace be with us all,
Chris Sandlin

edit on 12/16/11. by CBS01 because: addition

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hello To Anyone Left Reading This:
My last response in this post was absolutely truthful with the information. I wanted to leave it up "as is" for 24hrs just to let it be seen by anyone not reading the post as a faithful ATS member. The only correction I need to clarify is one source was actually the wife of a soldier still in Iraq. She said in her opinion her husband sounded intoxicated and could have just been playing "John Wayne" in his head though. But the subject matter was a Real Coincidence, don't ya think? My apologies for "Semi-Exaggerating" that though, it's the only time I've ever been less than 100% truthful here, and the main point was not a lie at all. I have been wanting to get the coincidental topics being discussed off my chest for a coupla days now. On another note, I believe we're going to have a sh!tload of new alcoholics coming home though!

Peace to everyone,
Chris Sandlin/CBS01

top topics

join