It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration agrees to impose sanctions on Iran’s Central Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hopefully this doesn't lead to all out war..economists have warned of dire consequences of imposing sanctions on Iran's Central Bank.

Source

The Obama administration has given in to legislation that would apply sanctions on Iran's Central Bank, despite weeks of opposition over concerns the measures may drive up oil prices or inflict severe economic hardship on American partners overseas, The Washington Post quoted the AP as reporting.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday that U.S. officials were looking at how to implement the sanctions in way that "maximizes the pressure on Iran while causing minimum disruption for friends and allies of the U.S."

edit on 15-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
for the love of god!...

america is falling apart at the seams and they are deciding to make war with iran, yeah real smart!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Why? Because they're trying to power their country? **** America.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 16-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It seems, when Obama is faced with 2 choices, one being, what is good for America, the other, what is bad for America....

He invariably chooses the wrong one. This man hates America, and all it stands for. He will continue to do everything in his power to drag our Country down. He is on a mission of total destruction. I hate him.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

By the time any President gets to office in 2013, war may very well be underway...and yes Ron Paul is the only one who may be able to help, but it may be to late.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Seriously what does america think it looks like to the iranian people, amajibajab wont even have to rig the election next year

has anyone visited the tehran times website they seem likeany other country out there, in fact every time i read something about imposing sanctions on iran i check their website and they seem as advanced an inline as america.

i dont understand why your president thinks he can impose terror on the iranian people - the terror of economic sanctions. imagine if china suddenly bought your country and decided you needed some sanctions imposed on you for your countrys relentless bullying.

seriously america you should have just been happy being the envy of the world, instead of trying to impose your will on everything else,

in the past few week all i have heard is that the world is circling the drain and the most i have seen your pollies do is

A) try and force other countries from studying your astronaughts turds
B) declaring pizza a vegitable
C) swapping what your founders fought for, for INDEFINITE DETENTION OF YOUR OWN PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF SAFETY

you PEOPLE better do something because it was YOU WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA AND HISTORY WILL REMEMBER THIS

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman
reply to post by Daedal

You don't make models and build triggers for nuclear power. You do that for nuclear weapons.

I know, I know, this is ATS. America is hated here and Iran can do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by posthuman
reply to post by Daedal

You don't make models and build triggers for nuclear power. You do that for nuclear weapons.

there are several countries who dislike America with far more than one nuke, should we go bomb them right away? besides where's the proof?

nukes are one of them weapons that will only be used when a country has nothing left to loose, not for religion, nor money nor power because it's the end of life on this planet. so why would iran use them on the rest of the world again?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree..the scientist who is supposedly helping Iran, Vyacheslav Danilenko..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
It seems, when Obama is faced with 2 choices, one being, what is good for America, the other, what is bad for America....

He invariably chooses the wrong one. This man hates America, and all it stands for. He will continue to do everything in his power to drag our Country down. He is on a mission of total destruction. I hate him.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

i shall continue to reiterate a point,

'Obama' is the puppet, the fall guy, the facade, he doesn't make decisions, he is merely a 'Face', every president is, they are there to give a 'False Selection' a way to think 'Our Party Won' 'or 'Our Party Would Do a superior Job'

it also keeps the focus from behind the curtain, whilst continuing to divide with political ideologies and propaganda,

to get back on topic,

this is continued provoking, which we all knew would continue to escalate, they are nudging for a reason to strike,

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

In the IAEA report referenced by Bachman last night on page 4, section C, second sentence it clearly states that there is an absence of any indicators that Iran is considering reprocessing irradiated nuclear fuel to extract plutonium.

I laugh back at you

Then I
because it's sad some people actually think Iran is a threat.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

IAEA Report:
www.iaea.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Considering that israeli zionists have been murdering Iranian scientists ( and boasting about it, while nothing happens to them ) and also Iranian complexes have been attacked by viruses trying to destroy them, one cannot blame them for hiding other complexes or increasing them, i would to, it's only logical.

And that whole report is nothing but BUNK and speculation littered with might, possible and maybe. It's a joke.
I have said this on other threads before and i'll say it again. You "might take your fork out of your kitchen and start stabbing people, shall we bomb you because you might do something?

If i could have one wish i would wish that warmongers become extinct or atleast beamed out to some other planet, i am sick of them, they are just a plague.
If people want to act like beasts why don't they go and live out in the wild with the lions!

edit on 16/12/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

All I ever hear from you is "Evil Zionists this, evil Zionists that." It's tiresome.

Of course when the IAEA was saying things you liked you were ok with the ambiguities right?

When they don't say what you like, then they become a problem because it might mean those evil Jews might be onto something?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Your constant attempt of putting words in people mouths while advocating war is what is tiresome.

And that is what your whole post is about putting words in peoples mouths, you clearly are not interested in having a debate. Just interested in warmongering and talking absolute shi*t!

For the record when reports come out that are based on pure speculation and have no solid evidence of course im going to have a problem with it. One would assume anyone with a functioning brain would aswell.

And how disgusting of you to insinuate that i think jews are evil. Shame on you and your warmongering clan.
I have nothing against jews and i have said it on many occasions. Infact I have much love for them. If you wern't such a warmonger i'd have much love for you to. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Now i have said what i wanted to say in my previous post. And thats that.

Have a nice day warmonger!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Your constant attempt of putting words in people mouths while advocating war is what is tiresome.

You mean you didn't say this?

Considering that israeli zionists...

Hmm.. Must have been a hallucination...

And that is what your whole post is about putting words in peoples mouths, you clearly are not interested in having a debate.

Which whole post? The one with the IAEA's own words? Or the one responding to your hysterical anti-Israel bs?

Just interested in warmongering and talking absolute shi*t!

Define what war-mongering please. Where in my post did I say lets go bomb Iran?

Or are you just lashing out with more emotionally driven and unsophisticated political jargon that you don't understand?

For the record when reports come out that are based on pure speculation and have no solid evidence of course im going to have a problem with it.

Did you actually read the report? I'm guessing you didn't. My best bet is that you are just mad that the IAEA isn't parroting the same line it did when Mohamed ElBaradei was leading the IAEA and slanting the reporting in favor of Iran.

One would assume anyone with a functioning brain would aswell.

Indeed.

And how disgusting of you to insinuate that i think jews are evil.

Well, Zionists are typically Jews. You accuse everyone who is against the Iranian regime of being Zionists. Around ATS and indeed in the Conspiracy realm every time the word Zionist pops up it's usually later followed by age old adages like "Jews control the media" "AIPAC rules America" "Jewish bankers destroy the world"..You know, old rehashed anti-Zionist hyperbole left over from the golden years of antisemitism in Europe.

Shame on you and your warmongering clan.

Just calling it how I see it. Every time you post in a thread about Israel or the ME in general you have some anti-Zionist rhetoric to spew and you never actually address the meat of the topic. And then when someone calls you on it you name call and get defensive. You're actually quite predictable.

I have nothing against jews and i have said it on many occasions. Infact I have much love for them.

Indeed...It shows.

If you wern't such a warmonger i'd have much love for you to.

Save your love for the 12ers in the Iranian regime. They need all the moral support to wipe Israel off the map that can possibly be given to them. I mean, that IS what you want right?

Now i have said what i wanted to say in my previous post. And thats that.

Which addressed NONE of the points made either by the OP or my posts.

Have a nice day warmonger!

You too.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You mean you didn't say this?

First you say i say evil zionists this and that, then when i pick you up on it you quote me saying "Israeli zionists"
Does israeli mean evil in your dictionary then? Or are you advocating Israeli's are evil?
And yes i said israeli zionists in my post quite clearly, i did NOT say "evil zionists" like you stated. Hence the putting words in my mouth not to mention your evil jew claim, do keep up.

Hmm.. Must have been a hallucination...

I refer you to the reply above

Which whole post? The one with the IAEA's own words? Or the one responding to your hysterical anti-Israel bs?

Clearly im talking about the post where you try putting words in my mouth and insinuating that i think jews are evil. I addressed it quite clearly in my previous post and yet you're at it again, first evil zionists then evil jews and now anti israel. I am not anti Israel as i have stated on many occasions, i am anti zionists and anti people who continuously break the law, invading countries, stealing land or resources and using chemical weapons.
Do you also think the thousands of jews in Israel and God knows how many others around the world who are anti zionist are also anti Israel?

Define what war-mongering please. Where in my post did I say lets go bomb Iran?

Or are you just lashing out with more emotionally driven and unsophisticated political jargon that you don't understand?

You didn't say it in that post, but who are you trying to kid, I and many others have seen you and what you stand for on ats for a long time and that goes for your little warmongering clan also.
Emotionally driven? In all honesty i don't understand how people can not get a little emotional when the country that warmongers are trying to bomb and possibly pillage like Iraq has not invaded anyone and does not even have nukes while the zionist warmongers have 300 + and has threatened to take the whole world down if threatened, has stolen and continues to steal Palestinian land while killing them sometimes daily, has broken international law, murders people around the world and boasts about it, the list goes on and on! But to go and call it emotionally driven is just absurd!

Did you actually read the report? I'm guessing you didn't. My best bet is that you are just mad that the IAEA isn't parroting the same line it did when Mohamed ElBaradei was leading the IAEA and slanting the reporting in favor of Iran.

Guess again. And your best bet, haha well you should have put some money on it, i could have done with a little earner.

Indeed.

Well, Zionists are typically Jews. You accuse everyone who is against the Iranian regime of being Zionists. Around ATS and indeed in the Conspiracy realm every time the word Zionist pops up it's usually later followed by age old adages like "Jews control the media" "AIPAC rules America" "Jewish bankers destroy the world"..You know, old rehashed anti-Zionist hyperbole left over from the golden years of antisemitism in Europe.

Not all are, infact a great majority are christian zionists. And there you go yet again putting words in my mouth, you can't help yourself can you, when did i say or accuse everyone who is against Iran is a zionist? Oh thats right i didn't

And yes zionists do run most of the media and also most of the western banks which have caused this financial disaster we are seeing now.
and now you try playing the antisemtism card! Dear oh dear

Just calling it how I see it. Every time you post in a thread about Israel or the ME in general you have some anti-Zionist rhetoric to spew and you never actually address the meat of the topic. And then when someone calls you on it you name call and get defensive. You're actually quite predictable.

I talk about the zionists because i have researched them and they are the meat of the problem in the topics i address. I'm predictable am i, well you're a hypocrite then.

Indeed...It shows.

It does to those who don't put words in peoples mouths but who listen and are willing to learn. Indeedy!

Save your love for the 12ers in the Iranian regime. They need all the moral support to wipe Israel off the map that can possibly be given to them. I mean, that IS what you want right?

Wipe Israel of the map lolz Now you are trumpeting that lie, how pathetic. And do i want Israel wiped of the map? No i don't, i don't want any country (whether it be a real one or a phoney one) wiped of the map. I don't agree with killing of any kind!

Which addressed NONE of the points made either by the OP or my posts.

Go back and read my first reply to you and maybe your post directly above it

You too.

I will thanks, but i am not a warmonger.

edit on 16/12/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join