It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Suspended For "Tebowing"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

BUT... Maybe all thoughts are prayers (whether you believe it or not) so it is impossible to not to pray while Tebowing?

Or while dropping a deuce.

These Tebow texts intrigue me.

The Book of Tebow found on a golden football buried near the LA Memorial Colosseum during halftime of Super Bowl I.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Would it still be cool if those kids were Muslims? Or Hindus? Or Buddhists?

If the students prayed in a typical yoga pose?

Or is it only good if they're Christians?

If you think about it, it could be considered a subtle form of Christian terrorism by non-Christians.

Such antics belong in a church, but then, they also wouldn't be tolerated at inappropriate times.

If you want to pray, do it privately, in your own place, not the shared public spaces to advertise your religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Apparently just sitting cross-legged is enough to warrant a suspension. Prayer or no prayer.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

OK, I'll say it! It is the beginning of the witch hunt against Christians....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Or is it only good if they're Christians?

If you think about it, it could be considered a subtle form of Christian terrorism by non-Christians.

Such antics belong in a church, but then, they also wouldn't be tolerated at inappropriate times.

If you want to pray, do it privately, in your own place, not the shared public spaces to advertise your religion.

Everyone is welcome to Tebow

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
[color=#FF6600]THOSE KIDS WERE GRANDSTANDING FOR ATTENTION!!

Those aren't Christians. A true Christian does not need to grandstand or wave their Bible to call attention to themselves. People will know by how you live your life whether you are a Christian or not. These are just punks looking for attention.
edit on 12-16-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That would have been okay, because it would have been a chance for "inclusion" and "diversity".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
reply to post by CREAM

I know exactly why this activity is outlawed; the action of organising a group to do something challenging the status quo is the same thinking that creates revolutionaries and standing up to oppression etc.
Schools spend all their time trying to stop their students thinking and acting for themselves without someone barking orders at them.
Good slaves don’t organise themselves to do something on their own accord.

amen

suspension, was a tad extreme I would say.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It makes me laugh when people get all worked up over nonsense like this.

Slow news day?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
[color=#FF6600]THOSE KIDS WERE GRANDSTANDING FOR ATTENTION!!

Those aren't Christians. A true Christian does not need to grandstand or wave their Bible to call attention to themselves. People will know by how you live your life whether you are a Christian or not. These are just punks looking for attention.
edit on 12-16-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

Well of course, they were doing it for fun, it's just like planking and doing the captain Morgan pose. Tebow takes it seriously as he takes that stance to pray, but at the same time these kids (imo) were not trying to mock Tebow or praying, they are probably Tebow fans, but more likely they were just being silly and having fun. Which, I always support if it's in good spirits.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Today's public schools: preparing our children to live in a society where people are routinely beaten half to death for minor infractions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

But, um, I still think that suspending them for that is a little extreme. They were just some kids having fun and looking for some attention. It's not like they were cursing the staff or shoving their classmates.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I wish to hell we as a society would quit putting these damn athletes upon sacred pedestals. Every damn time we do that, the athlete does something stupid and then everybody is so shocked and disappointed and wonder how something like that could happen. These people are not gods, most are dumb as a rock.

LMAO I'm sorry but are you serious? Do you even know who Tim Tebow is?

Tebow was born in Makati City in the Philippines, to American parents who were serving as Christian Baptist missionaries at the time. His mother, Pamela Elaine (née Pemberton), is the daughter of a U.S. Army colonel, and his father, Robert Ramsey Tebow II, is a pastor.

Tebow spent the three summers prior to enrolling at the University of Florida in the Philippines, assisting with his father's orphanage and missionary work.

Tim Tebow

If there was ANY athlete that should be put on a pedestal and kids aspire to try to be like, it would be Tim Tebow.

So the guy leads his team, which was almost down and out before the season even started, to a division lead with multiple showings of late game heroics, and during moments of uncertainty he kneels and prays. I don't think he does it intentionally to try to have all the cameras on him. I think he does it because he in sincere. You CANNOT blame him if the pose becomes a pop culture following.

Tebow played for 4 years in college at the U of Florida (elected to stay his senior year and not enter NFL draft), lead that team to 2 national championships, and won the Heisman in his sophomore year, the first player ever to do so.

I wouldn't say he is as dumb as a rock, either. He graduated with a 3.66 GPA and a bachelor's in family, youth, and community services.

Oh and by the way, he was home schooled.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
okay... Im all for Tebow praying.... these kids should be allowed to pray too....

Tebow needs to stop quarterbacking is all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
okay... Im all for Tebow praying.... these kids should be allowed to pray too....

Tebow needs to stop quarterbacking is all.

Why?
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

A little logic here. I think they labeled this wrong...it should be expelled for blocking the isles and inciting others to block the isles.
The kid said it just caught on...so every break more and more kids are doing this.

If we look it as expelled for siting in the halls, or laying in the hallways while people can't get past...we would think hum, more of them catching on and doing this everyday, what happens if we do nothing?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I would have given you a million stars if I could have. It is rare to find someone who looks at things rationally instead of twisting events to suit their own agenda. It's not about religion it's about disruption and children trying to get attention.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Reading comprehension is a problem here on ATS.

It was not 4 kids, it was 40 kids in the hallway. You need to read the article and not the headline. Each one of the ringleaders (the 4 kids) was suspended for one day.

Jesus said not to pray in public so by his own words those kids were in the wrong. Please do not send your children to public school. As a person who works in one I can tell you we have enough problems due to parents being unable or unwilling to teach their children how to act. 40 Kids can very well block a hallway and if you let anything slide with kids they just take it further and further out. This was for attention, let them do it on their own time.
edit on 17-12-2011 by antonia because: rawr

However I think it quite likely something is being left out of that article I am going to do some googling and find out what isn't being said.
edit on 17-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

School officials claim they acted to put a stop to the "Tebowing," not because of any religious connotations, but because of its potential to disrupt school. Administrators said as many as 40 students were Tebowing in crowded hallways at one time. “They knelt down in the hallway in between periods and made it impossible to pass,” Principal David Wicks told ABC News. “They were causing a situation that could have been unsafe. God forbid there was an accident or a fire alarm.”

www.syracuse.com...

There you go, I agree with him. If there had been a fire alarm it could have been quite a scene. The two brothers were suspended according to some commenters because they had been told the day before to stop doing it in the hallways and did it anyway.
edit on 17-12-2011 by antonia because: found it

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They didn't get suspended for Tebowing, they got suspended for blocking the halls by doing it. When I was in high school there was somewhere around 3,000 students all trying to get through the tiny halls to their class in the 5 minutes in between classes. Some idiots stopping to to block the halls would cause a lot of people get stuck and someone could get hurt with all the people pushing. Just watching the video one kid at the end ended up pushing his way through knocking people over. While I don't agree with a lot of what schools do these days they were completely right to suspend them. Aside from that it was only 1 day, most are probably pretty happy to be able to sleep in and play video games all day on a school day. It's not like they were "trying to oppress the youth" or "suppress their free expression", they were just handling a problem before it caused a real problem and someone got hurt.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow....just wow. What is the United States coming too?
The kids were just having some fun, not hurting anyone! They are into football and are just goofing around doing Tebows stance. Is it the show of faith that is so frowned upon? I think they went a little TOO hard on this one. WHAT A JOKE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join