It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Suspended For "Tebowing"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What mentality is that?
They aren't forcing kids to be quiet in the halls...they aren't forcing kids to walk in straight lines all day. They aren't forcing kids to study until their eyes bleed.
It's school, not happy go fun time. They asked the kids to move, and they didn't. And then they were given a fair punishment. Schools are already bad...you know what it'd be like with no rules...yeah, it wouldn't be pretty.
The authorities there aren't acting like Nazis.

Whoa whoa whoa, where did it say they asked them to move? It would be a whole different story if that is what happened. I am sure some teacher was walking down the hall and spotted them and took em to the office, typical.
edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

If they are going for a ROTC scholarship, or other scholarships, a suspension could hinder that. It's not "just a 1 day suspension", unless they're pulling a 2.0 GPA.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If I was a Teacher in that school I would have supported them. Okay - now that you have all got the idea on how to tebow - get creative. Organise yourselves into a design or a choreographed routine.

I see a group of Students in a position that allows for contemplative thought - a moment of Peace in a hectic world - a pause for rest - I do not see violence or hate or aggression or any other activity to cause concern.

Would encourage them to think of safety and location when deciding to tebow.

Imagine the entire world tebowing for just a few minutes - stopping for a quiet breath in a messed up world. When are we going to start listening to our Children and start supporting them instead of crushing their Spirit for every bloody little thing they do?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
so they suspended the kids for one day for wasting everyone's time making jackasses of themselves for the internet?

wait.. why is this something worth talking about again?

these kids should be forced to take some kind of philosophy class or something, to teach them how to stop acting like tools.

to me this is just another example of why all schools should ban cellphones and cameras (and ipods and games, etc).

if they have no way of posting this crap, theyll have less of a reason to show off and act out.
maybe theyll even wake up a bit about how to live in the real world, where everything you do doesnt need to be broadcast to the whole planet.
edit on 16-12-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

Please show me a school that does not state in it's student handbook that cellphones, ipods, etc. are allowed on the "campus" and I will send my future children there.

It's not that they aren't allowed, it's that some people are going to do it anyway. What? You don't think school isn't enough of a prison? I feel sorry for anyone whom goes/went to a school that enforced a school uniform.
children have it tough enough in schools from bullies and the "in group."

Why punish them to try and help them to "learn."

Some people just aren't going to be able to compare when it comes to the U.S. school system.

I was on A & B honor role until 5th grade. After that, I struggled to make passing grades. My sister had mostly straight A's through school and still gets them in her PA program she attends.

The school system doesn't "teach" much anyway. It mainly influences you to memorize and listen to what your told, not to act out, to take beatings from other people, that people who "know" are to be obeyed.

I can give good examples and bad examples of school environments as my school was small, but had 3 different buildings with 3 different principals.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
At my sons school, they meet in the morning right in front under the flag and have group prayer time. One of the teachers offered his classroom on rainy days. It is a public school. I love it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Tebowing right now....

Come get me....

Got a lot of company.....

Daniel, Paul, and somebody named David, oh yes, and a fella named Jesus....

Whom even the Demons of hell are aware of....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I could care less if a kid says a silent prayer in a school. As far as a group prayer...as long as it is not interfering with anyone elses rights....who cares. But there must be a seperation of church and state. Remember when some mid-west schools were actually teaching Intelligent Design?

They even had this rediculous text book that was basically a bunch of crap....total lies and without even a shred of logic as well as being scientifically impossible. Now I have no problem with a persons Belief in a GOD....what I have a problem with is when you start teaching something that is a lie and is a provable lie. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

If they are going for a ROTC scholarship, or other scholarships, a suspension could hinder that. It's not "just a 1 day suspension", unless they're pulling a 2.0 GPA.

Hindsight is 20/20. They were intentionally causing a disruption at the school and they deserved the suspension.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Hindsight is 20/20. They were intentionally causing a disruption at the school and they deserved the suspension.

In the pic they weren't even blocking the hall way, there was plenty of room to pass. Thus is just dumb.

For those who see that picture and don't have joy in their hearts, well those are the people who have lost the spirit of childhood.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
edit: glitched and doubled posted

edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

just my cynicism but :

What is Tebowing?
(vb) to get down on a knee and start praying, even if EVERYONE else around you is doing something completely different.

source

IMHO ` group ` tebowing defeats the entire premise - its just a bunch of idiots apeing each other

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why the suspension?

What happened to first asking them to stop, then threatening detentions, then suspensions?

Is everything a capital crime now?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I wish to hell we as a society would quit putting these damn athletes upon sacred pedestals. Every damn time we do that, the athlete does something stupid and then everybody is so shocked and disappointed and wonder how something like that could happen. These people are not gods, most are dumb as a rock.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't agree with the suspension, some detention would of been fine, until it was a repeat occurrance. My school was 400 students over capacity, doing something like this would of gotten them killed.

Not to mention the students who actually want to learn are going to be late for class.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this action by the school backfires.
If you want kids to do something, prohibit it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

i wonder what effect prohibiting :

class attendance

homework

exams

would have - pop psychology does not work in the real world

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It works well for banned books.

It's all in how you sell the prohibition.

Sure, ban literacy and there will be folks who wont bother to learn to read and write. As it is we have illiterate people in high school.

In the long run I doubt much would change. People drawn to learning will learn and people opposed to it will not. Just as they do today.

Though I must admit there is an awful lot of stuff I researched and learned as a child simply because I wasnt supposed to and an awful lot of stuff I was intentionally taught that I didnt care about until years later when I could learn on my own without the taint of classroom retardation and bureaucratically structured steps.

Given what Ive learned since leaving formal education compared to what I learned under formal education I would bet I'd be better off having never gone to school from day one. It was always an obstacle for me. A hindrance.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

just my cynicism but :

What is Tebowing?
(vb) to get down on a knee and start praying, even if EVERYONE else around you is doing something completely different.

source

IMHO ` group ` tebowing defeats the entire premise - its just a bunch of idiots apeing each other

"EVEN IF"

Grammar son.

Group Tebowing is recognized by the official Tebowing website:

Do I smell a Tebowing disinfo agent? Haha just playin

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

The globalist speaks. Ok he's a gator fan. So am I. Doesn't change the fact that he's a globalist puppet.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think it's interesting the way people rant about banning religion in schools until it has to do with a sport's star, then everyone is for protecting religion in schools.

Can we have it both ways?
Having your cake and eating it, too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join