It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEVER AGAIN will I open a religious thread on ATS again... EVER!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They are always the same exact thing.

Person 1: God is good!

Person 2: How can he be good if he doesn't exist?

Person 1: He does exist, and He loves you very much even though you dont believe in him.

Person 2: Na UHHH!!!!

Person 1: UH HUHHHH!!!

Person 2: Na UHHH!!!

Person 3: I'm a troll.

Person 1: He loves you too troll.

Person 2: Na UHHH!!!!

And it goes on and on and on.
I'm Christian, you won't shake my faith.
You're not, and i cant make you believe.
edit on 15-12-2011 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Cool story bro. Welcome to the internet.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
lol as a bartendar they tell you three topics never to bring up Politics, Religion, Death
They tend to get ugly and out of hand quick
You can only take so much, but those topics will never go the way you plan
sorry and good luck

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

HAHA! Kind of sucks, no? I remember reading a book that a smart woman wrote suggesting to not argue your religious convictions with people that do not want to believe. I took it to heart. Maybe there is something in there for you? I don't know but don't get down about it! Move on and affect change where you can, I say. Nice chatting here.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
edit on 15-12-2011 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

You're doin' it wrong ...

I'm not. And I don't care what anyone else believes

... See how easy that was

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Don't I know what you're talking about! I'm Christian too, but some people just will never understand and don't care.

Me personally I'm also tired of discussing spiritual things on here.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Don't forget 1Peter 3:15-16:

15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey..Not everyone is a believer (obviously) but if we never ran into opposition then everyone would be a believer..You cant spread the love of god and expect everyone to listen or accept it AND ITS OK that they dont. The point darlin is that you say it. You will be mocked , ridiculed so forth and so on but so was jesus. if hurtful or angry words are enough for you to go into hiding and refuse to tell people then maybe you need a good talk with jesus. The point here is not to impose your beliefs or have a fight over god exsists doesnt exsists so forth so on. Speak your peace and leave it. They will like it or not like it. But you have no say or power on what they ultimately do. They have their own journey and god will persue them throughout their life..in different ways they may not even realize but all you can do and i say this all the time, is just love through the maddening. Stay Strong. Dont let It defeat you. Much love.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Meh!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The less religious threads the better.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Best reply I have seen today

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

how can you make them believe on blind faith , when we are in a period of scientific scrutiny ?

Once we step out of the scientific period , and into a spiritual phase then you can take over?

Remember the scientist and the theologin on the mountain ? The scientist climbs up and says wtf how u get here ? and the other guy says about time? lol

There is far to much hearsay out there . Without tangable evidence...you know like alex jones like to say "meat and potatoes " evidence something you can "bite into" lol

you can't come along with god this god that . Espically when the religious people are in an internal war of whos god is the god to worship ?

That should be cleared up first before coming to atheists and saying hey "salvation"? "jesus" "god"

naturally if we are in that period of time they will tell you prove it lol.

Don't get mad :p

Ask your god to hurry up to the spiritual phase of life already :p So we can open up everyones eyes and realize how wrong they were?

lol But he won't do it will he ?

Remember the people alive near jesus time if true , got to see some cool things and evidence of god . Raising the dead , healing the blind , feeding x amount of men with x amount of food , and many other crazy things...

don't you think thats cheating ? All those people got to witness this out of world experince .

But we don't!

Why do those citizens get a peak at the test , and we don't lol

If you can bring jesus here today tell him do me something cool , you know like his return ? that be one thing.

Then i would be on board.

But like carrie underwood said "send a prayer up into the dark"

Which god i ask you ?

Oh i forgot to add two bible verses that makes me go wtf?

Luke 19:27

Gen 19:30

edit on 15-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
I would wager that he doesn't even know of that verse.

So, as an atheist, I don't feel bad asking questions.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

I'm all about being an evangelist, i share the good news whenever possible (or try too)

im purely talking about this website, If you are on ATS you are probably strong headed, whether good or bad. And the threads never go anywhere.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

im purely talking about this website, If you are on ATS you are probably strong headed, whether good or bad. And the threads never go anywhere.
You are right, sometimes they get no where. Want to know why? Lack of evidence of claims.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by DavidsHope
I would wager that he doesn't even know of that verse.

So, as an atheist, I don't feel bad asking questions.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

I've heard it but by no means have the bible memorized. It does apply in this situation though. Thank you and God bless you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I've heard it but by no means have the bible memorized. It does apply in this situation though. Thank you and God bless you.
No problem friend.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

And it goes on and on and on.

Yep. Spent decades as a christian saying something similar to that. And nobody did. I had to do it myself. And I'm glad I did. I'll never believe in the christian god again. Ever.

But to each their own. It's your business what you believe in. Not ours. That is, until you make a post or thread about it. Then it becomes fair game for everyone. Being a christian is made tougher when you "cast your pearls before swine."

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
Don't I know what you're talking about! I'm Christian too, but some people just will never understand and don't care.

Me personally I'm also tired of discussing spiritual things on here.

It wouldn't be a problem but anytime you mention the name Jesus every atheist on this site gets pissed off and floods your thread in diabolical attempts to derail it and then it always ends up in a "God exists/No he doesn't" thread which is why they do it because everyone gets tired of chasing their tails.

My point is, if they don't want to hear anything about Jesus or if theyre looking to troll they should just not even bother reading or posting comments in the thread. If their day consists of cruising the religious forums looking for opportunities to piss in someone's face then they have too much time on their hands.

It gets tiresome and bothersome trying to discuss aspects of scriptures and interpretations when someone says some crap like "God is just a fiction of your imagination, herp derp" which didn;t even have anything to do with the thread and mods don;t give a crap about deleting those posts.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It usually only takes a moment or so for an attack on a Christian on ATS.
You should expect it
. for that reason
I often say: I will not respond to attacks, diatribes, or hate remarks.
Every single person on this Earth knows that man only dies one time.
After that it is out of the hands of that man. Because judgement will follow regardless of whether you believe it will or not.
Don't let the attacks bother you.
This is the real deal. Things are happening quickly now. Soon everyone will know the truth.
Satan is not going to leave you alone now.... Consider this; That you have gained the attention of Lucifer himself, through your actions. He feels what you are saying and doing is important enough for him to attack
you in matters of faith.
7 Billion people on earth, and you got his attention?....You are indeed doing something right, but don't let your anger get in the way. Do what you must and let it be. Rest assured Satan won't let it be. God can handle that
DH

I

top topics

<<   2 >>

join