It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shown Muammar Gaddafi and other people in Hell, on 24th November 2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
What exactly happened after 20 years of following Christ that made you feel like you weren't getting any answers when you spoke to God? Are you sure they just weren't the answers you wanted and the way you wanted them? Can you help me to understand?
Wow, that's a long story. What it boils down to is that there isn't any reason for me to believe that gods are any more than an invention of man to try to understand things that they could not explain in the past, and to give them hope that there is something more after death.

Or, did I just happen to be lucky and be raised in a country where the predominant belief is the correct belief? If I were raised in Saudi Arabia, I'd be arguing for Islam right now.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Remember when Mother Teresa experienced a crisis of faith too?

www.time.com...

I think anyone who's doing God's will to the fullest will also experience Satan to the fullest in order to pull them away.

Remember, like Job, those who remain in the FAITH will get the greatest rewards in the end.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Remember, like Job, those who remain in the FAITH will get the greatest rewards in the end.
Yes, I remember Job. Remember that God and Satan had a wager against him? His entire family was killed and all his possessions were taken away. Sure, he got more afterwards, but what about his family that was killed? Were they just pawns within this wager? Also, I wonder how often Satan and God have conversations like that....?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Or, did I just happen to be lucky and be raised in a country where the predominant belief is the correct belief? If I were raised in Saudi Arabia, I'd be arguing for Islam right now.

Maybe so, but that's when you have to ask yourself, did Muhammad ever rise from the dead as proof that he was a prophet of God? Did Muhammad have over 40 authors contribute to the Qu'ran as proof of anything he said, or was it just him? I have yet to see anyone give me names and references of those who authored their own books on witnessing miracles that Muhammad performed.

alisina.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Maybe so, but that's when you have to ask yourself, did Muhammad ever rise from the dead as proof that he was a prophet of God? Did Muhammad have over 40 authors contribute to the Qu'ran as proof of anything he said, or was it just him? I have yet to see anyone give me names and references of those who authored their own books on witnessing miracles that Muhammad performed.
What does it matter how many authors there are if truth is truth? One autobiographer can write a book about a person, does that mean it isn't true? Does he need 39 others to write in his book too?

Did Jesus rise from the dead? If so, how do you know, because the bible says? Have you read all the accounts of the resurrection? Have you ever put them side by side and read them?

And, if Jesus rose from the dead...how was that a sacrifice?
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What does it matter how many authors there are if truth is truth? One autobiographer can write a book about a person, does that mean it isn't true? Does he need 39 others to write in his book too?

Did Jesus rise from the dead? If so, how do you know, because the bible says? Have you read all the accounts of the resurrection? Have you ever put them side by side and read them?

And, if Jesus rose from the dead...how was that a sacrifice?

See, these are the options you have to weigh. Are you more willing to take one man's word for it versus many?

Let's ask ourselves some questions. Because the answers are lengthy, I'm going to use links to answer them.

How is Jesus Christ unique?
www.gotquestions.org...

Why should I believe in Christ’s resurrection?
www.gotquestions.org...

Why is the resurrection of Jesus Christ important?
www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
No one deserves to go to hell.

Originally posted by Hydroman.
Well, you as a believer in god are in disagreement with other believers in the same god who have posted here. That's interesting. Why aren't you all on the same page?

Many Christians are on the same page. However, I am more of an outsider or black sheep.
We are all born sinners and can be evil. However, there are many moments in everyones life where they can repent. Everyone deserves forgivness for their sins. All it takes is a genuin prayer from that persons heart and all of their sins will be forgiven and their name will be written into the Book of Life. As long as they don't 'backslide' or lose faith, they will enter Heaven on Judgement Day.
My views are very different to most Christians. Some Christians I have met don't even accept the idea that a nephil spirit (1 of the nephilim) can ever be forgiven. One said that the Book of Enoch was irrelevent. I disagree. All of YHWH's creatures can be forgiven. All of His creatures are imperfect.

Next, the elite follow the bible? Is that why they're evil?

Definetely. They all have blood on their hands. No humans have the right to take a life.

You know who does torture people for their beliefs? Believers do. They torture each other, or have in the past.

Thats like saying every torturer in Guantanamo Bay prison is a Christian or every soldier and torturer in Aushwitz was a christian. The religeous crusade in medieval Europe was full of murderers that simply called themselves christians to enrole in the military and enjoy killing innocent people. Remember, judge a person by their fruits. Or wolves in sheeps clothing. Every sinner can lie.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
the whole subject can only be entertained as a "theory" in discussion ..

there is no evidence or data other than hearsay

it's like debating whether or not werewolves exist

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

as a great amnerican philostopher° once said

"there is no hell. there ain't no such thing as hell.
there is no hell, there is only... FRANCE!"

are we supposed to take that guy's hallucination serious?

(°f.zappa)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
cmon. go read Dante's Inferno, or something with some sort of class and knowledge imbued within it.

Even the Pope's in Hell. but seriously *siriusly* Jesus Christ as you know him is Julius Caesar,

who you're looking for is Yehoshua ben Yosef/bin Pandira (panther - Dionysus/Christ Figure was also associated with the panther, as it represented the Underworld/victory over death)

www.assatashakur.org...

FREE YO MIND (but it's your choice..lol)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by Pocky

(°f.zappa)

visions are visions, though they ultimately rest on the expectation of the observer- basica quantum interpretation there - think of your dreams.

that being said, there is no 'hallucination' per se, it is always light information being interpreted within your occipital lobe/pineal gland.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Did Muhammad have over 40 authors contribute to the Qu'ran as proof of anything he said, or was it just him? I have yet to see anyone give me names and references of those who authored their own books on witnessing miracles that Muhammad performed.

Which version of the bible do you read? The protestant, catholic, or ethiopian? They all have a different amount of books in them. Which one of them is god's word? Did you know that there were many other authors and books not allowed in the bible, because they didn't flow with the others? Perhaps that's why it seems the bible is uniform, because someone somewhere said that the other books didn't belong? Just like Protestants say that the extra books the Catholics have don't belong.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

How is Jesus Christ unique?
www.gotquestions.org...
Do you know why most Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah? It's because he didn't fulfill the prophecies foretold of the Messiah. You can find a huge list of them on the internet. One of them is that Jesus wasn't from the lineage of David. He had to have that lineage from his father's side in order to fulfill this prophecy. As the bible states, Jesus was born of a virgin, so he had no earthly father.

Why should I believe in Christ’s resurrection?
www.gotquestions.org...
Sure, there are four accounts of Jesus being resurrected, all of which contradict each other. You remember when Jesus was crucified, Zombies started walking the earth? Why isn't there any mention of that event in the historical records? Wouldn't that have been something of significance to take note of? BTW, what ever happened to the Zombies? Did they live a little while, then die again for a second time?

Why is the resurrection of Jesus Christ important?
www.gotquestions.org...

There are those who have died for their beliefs. David Koresh said he was the Messiah. He and his followers perished. Marshall Applewhite and his followers all killed themselves. Why would Marshall Applewhite do this if he didn't believe that what he did was in truth? Next, how do we know for a fact that any of these disciples were indeed real? These claims of Jesus and his disciples are extraordinary due to the miracles they performed. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Now, we can settle the idea that your god is real once and for all. Do you have a personal relationship with him as many christians claim? By personal, I mean you have direct and clear communication with him, a back and forth communication, not a one way communication. I'm talking about a true personal relationship, not just something you say to make yourself feel good. If so, then you have access to all knowledge in the universe, because your god is all knowing. Now, with your personal relationship, and clear communication, ask him what my social security number is. Tell him I give him permission to tell you, and then post it here for all to see. I give you, or any other christian permission to do this.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What a bunch of garbage. So if you dont believe in jesus then you goto to hell? Even jews, gods chosen people... Who jesus is... So all jews go to hell too? Obviously all muslims too since that is the kind of bigoted crap that i bet the author prescribes to.

This is crap And should be in skunkworks

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Did Muhammad have over 40 authors contribute to the Qu'ran as proof of anything he said, or was it just him? I have yet to see anyone give me names and references of those who authored their own books on witnessing miracles that Muhammad performed.

Which version of the bible do you read? The protestant, catholic, or ethiopian? They all have a different amount of books in them. Which one of them is god's word? Did you know that there were many other authors and books not allowed in the bible, because they didn't flow with the others? Perhaps that's why it seems the bible is uniform, because someone somewhere said that the other books didn't belong? Just like Protestants say that the extra books the Catholics have don't belong.

I've read all the books. They're all available online. I like to study it all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That's cool. Did you like the Book of Enoch? I wonder why that's not in either the Protestant or Catholic bible, but in the Ethiopian bible?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by Pocky

(°f.zappa)

visions are visions, though they ultimately rest on the expectation of the observer- basica quantum interpretation there - think of your dreams.

that being said, there is no 'hallucination' per se, it is always light information being interpreted within your occipital lobe/pineal gland.

i agree with both observations
"hallucination" was used to express certain implicit appreciations of mine :-)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
So if you dont believe in jesus then you goto to hell? Even jews, gods chosen people... Who jesus is... So all jews go to hell too? Obviously all muslims too since that is the kind of bigoted crap

Yes. Everyone who has no strong faith in Jesus Christ will not be written into the Book of Life.
Everyone excluded from the Book will descend into hell.

This fact explains why there is so much anger and hatred directed against all true believers in Christ Jesus.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Do you know why most Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah? It's because he didn't fulfill the prophecies foretold of the Messiah. You can find a huge list of them on the internet. One of them is that Jesus wasn't from the lineage of David. He had to have that lineage from his father's side in order to fulfill this prophecy. As the bible states, Jesus was born of a virgin, so he had no earthly father.

Prophecies written by and foretold by who?

Sure, there are four accounts of Jesus being resurrected, all of which contradict each other. You remember when Jesus was crucified, Zombies started walking the earth? Why isn't there any mention of that event in the historical records? Wouldn't that have been something of significance to take note of? BTW, what ever happened to the Zombies? Did they live a little while, then die again for a second time?

Christ was proving that he came to resurrect the dead, and not just himself. I believe they appeared to people in their "heavenly bodies" while the resurrected Christ went to Galilee to appear before his disciples. When Christ ascended to Heaven after his appearances, I believe he took them with Him.

There are those who have died for their beliefs. David Koresh said he was the Messiah. He and his followers parished. Marshall Applewhite and his followers all killed themselves. Why would Marshall Applewhite do this if he didn't believe that what he did was in truth? Next, how do we know for a fact that any of these disciples were indeed real? These claims of Jesus and his disciples are extraordinary due to the miracles they performed. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Precisely why there are 66 Books in the Bible written by 40 authors. Maybe some information on the Dead Sea Scrolls and their discovery between 1947 - 1956 will help to answer some questions for you. Some of the information in the Scrolls has now been translated and placed online. I believe a link can be found within this other link.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, we can settle the idea that your god is real once and for all. Do you have a personal relationship with him as many christians claim? By personal, I mean you have direct and clear communication with him, a back and forth communication, not a one way communication. I'm talking about a true personal relationship, not just something you say to make yourself feel good. If so, then you have access to all knowledge in the universe, because your god is all knowing. Now, with your personal relationship, and clear communication, ask him what my social security number is. Tell him I give him permission to tell you, and then post it here for all to see. I give you, or any other christian permission to do this.

Yes, I have a personal relationship with God. The more time I spend praying and asking for guidance, the more answers I receive and more "incidents" happening that prove his existence to me. By no means does this give me ALL knowledge of the universe. If Christians were allowed all the answers while we're here on earth, we wouldn't need to have this discussion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That's cool. Did you like the Book of Enoch? I wonder why that's not in either the Protestant or Catholic bible, but in the Ethiopian bible?

I found the books of Enoch very fascinating. However, I must admit that it's been approx. 3 years since I read them and I think I need a refresher.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join