It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shown Muammar Gaddafi and other people in Hell, on 24th November 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Well, here's the thing. Assume He is the only God and the only way to know Him is to do X. And He knows that only people who do X are the people He judges as good. Then you have millions all your life telling you to do X or you will lose eternal life, but you just laugh or try it half-assedly. Whose fault it is? You've been warned but you just take it as a joke or go around following tradition because that is what is comfortable..
edit on 16-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)
The problem is that I'm not only being told to do X, I'm also being told to do Y and Z. If I choose X, I'm ok. If I choose Y, Z, or none, then I'm screwed. And there's no evidence that X, Y, or Z are true. I'm just supposed to believe it.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Well, here's the thing. Assume He is the only God and the only way to know Him is to do X. And He knows that only people who do X are the people He judges as good. Then you have millions all your life telling you to do X or you will lose eternal life, but you just laugh or try it half-assedly. Whose fault it is? You've been warned but you just take it as a joke or go around following tradition because that is what is comfortable..
The problem is that I'm not only being told to do X, I'm also being told to do Y and Z. If I choose X, I'm ok. If I choose Y, Z, or none, then I'm screwed.

Well, we only have a very short life. You have to try everything until you find out which is correct. Just because there are many options does not mean they are all wrong. This was my grand error as an atheist: assuming all religions are wrong because the ones I encountered were wrong. When I prayed to God it wasn't just a verbal assent but an intense desire to know Him, if He existed, before dying. You can't fake sincerity. God knows your heart. You can't just pretend you want to know Him just to cover your bases. That is why deathbed conversions are so powerful. When you have nothing left, that is when you start considering the idea your whole philosophy in life is wrong. That is when you start opening your heart and not just your mind and wonder if people who talked about God all your life were as delusional as you brushed them of as. That is why God is nearest to the broken-hearted and those with contrite spirits. Only much suffering can humble the proud in heart. That is when you realize you'd have nothing to lose but a bruised ego and you have everything to gain, including the happiness and peace those "delusional" people have,, if they are indeed correct. That is when your heart aches to know if God exists.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

So basically...believe in what i say or go to hell?

Yea.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
@Hydroman

'I asked him to show me hell, or show me anything so that I can see that this stuff is real. I got the same answer that I've gotten for the past 3-4 years when I ask him questions....that is...no answer. So, what do I do? I've sought in tears and still nothing. He must not want me to believe'

Everyone is constantly tested with their faith. In your case, the faith will be lost because you don't get what you want. There are probably billions upon billions of mortals out there all saying the same thing right now; 'i want this, i want that, i want everything, i want now !!!'. How would you feel hearing a constant list of 'i wants' every second ?

As for 'is there justification for sending a person to hell for eternity'. Yes. As already posted, every one of His creatures has a choice.
You either have faith in Jesus Christ and end up in Heaven, or descend into hell for all eternity.

Lucifer will never be forgiven. If Lucifer was in todays military and he disobeys a direct order from his c/o or commits trechery. Result: death. In his case, eternal death.

I think you mentioned the following question somewhere. I could be wrong.
In terms of dictatorship, would you rather take orders from a boss that knows your every single desire, lets your desires become reality, makes you work your butt off 3 days a week. With one day of worship towards your boss, that gives you 3 whole days to do what ever you want to do in His paradise. Or would you rather work for a traitor (Satan) who doesn't give a damn for you. Makes you work 24/7, no rest, no play and enjoys watching you suffer infinite pain if you disappoint him in any way possible and wants constant worship. In actual fact humans who end up in Heaven will never have to work again.

'The kind of god that I wouldn't mind worshiping would be a god that loved me so much that no matter what I did or how evil I was, there's nothing I could that would make him want to hurt me.'
ROFL. So if you had a big bomb, nuked this planet, wiped out 7 billion people your fallen angel (god) would give you a slap on the wrist for being a naughty boy.

'if you can't muster the FAITH to believe, you deserve to be punished for it?'
Yes. Luke warm believers will also go to hell. Those who don't have faith in Jesus Christ will be left behind to suffer. It will be other athiests who will probably treat you like dirt and torture you. So in a way, that is punishment.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Rapha because: add stuff

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The 11th commandment.... keep thy religion to thyself.

Logic and reason have no business in the church...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
. How would you feel hearing a constant list of 'i wants' every second ?
If I were all-powerful, I'm pretty sure I could handle it with no problem.

Yes. As already posted, every one of His creatures has a choice.
You either have faith in Jesus Christ and end up in Heaven, or descend into hell for all eternity.
Well, looks like I'll be descending into hell for all eternity. I deserve it anyways, might as well accept it.

I think you mentioned the following question somewhere. I could be wrong.
In terms of dictatorship, would you rather take orders from a boss that knows your every single desire, lets your desires become reality, makes you work your butt off 3 days a week. With one day of worship towards your boss, that gives you 3 whole days to do what ever you want to do in His paradise. Or would you rather work for a traitor (Satan) who doesn't give a damn for you. Makes you work 24/7, no rest, no play and enjoys watching you suffer infinite pain if you disappoint him in any way possible and wants constant worship. In actual fact humans who end up in Heaven will never have to work again.
How about neither?

ROFL. So if you had a big bomb, nuked this planet, wiped out 7 billion people your fallen angel (god) would give you a slap on the wrist for being a naughty boy.
Sure, and not only would I get to go to heaven, so would all the other 7 billion people. Isn't that cool?

Yes. Luke warm believers will also go to hell. Those who don't have faith in Jesus Christ will be left behind to suffer. It will be other athiests who will probably treat you like dirt and torture you. So in a way, that is punishment.
What would be the atheists reason for torturing me? The only ones who treat me like dirt are the ones telling me that I'm going to burn forever because I don't believe as they do.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You can't fake sincerity. God knows your heart. You can't just pretend you want to know Him just to cover your bases.
If this god is all-knowing, then he knows my heart. But, it won't matter because he'll still burn me forever because I don't think he's real, lol.

That is why deathbed conversions are so powerful. When you have nothing left, that is when you start considering the idea your whole philosophy in life is wrong. That is when you start opening your heart and not just your mind and wonder if people who talked about God all your life were as delusional as you brushed them of as.

Deathbed conversions are powerful? People are afraid of what might happen after they die. It's not out of love for god, but out of fear of what he might do to them if they are wrong. Is this what your god wants from us? To believe in him because we're afraid? That's sad, imo. If I'm going to follow a god, first I want to know that it is real. Second, I want to follow him because I agree with what he says. Third I want to follow him because he truly loves me and cares for me, and again, there's nothing I could do to take that away. I don't want to follow a god because I'm scared of what might happen if I don't.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To that man....what he experienced is real to him...and I respect that.

As for those people being in hell....I say....duh....ya think! Is it really any surprise to anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
To that man....what he experienced is real to him...and I respect that.
I don't understand why people say "It was real to him". I am interested in what is really real, not what is real to one person, but not to the other.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Reading these responses this mental image pops up in my head. There are two children, and a stove. There is a sign above the stove that says "VERY HOT DO NOT TOUCH!" One of the chidren reads the sign, then immediately touches the stove and burns himself. The other child reads the sign and leaves the room w/o touching the stove.
What does that have to do with anything?

What they're trying to tell you is that we all have the same knowledge available to us, but it's up to us whether or not to USE it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
What they're trying to tell you is that we all have the same knowledge available to us, but it's up to us whether or not to USE it.
Oh. Well, a child can physically see the stove and physically read the note. He can physically touch the stove to find that it is indeed hot and that the note is correct. The other kid accepts it out of blind faith.

The first child has the experience and knowledge now from actually interacting with the stove, and has verified that the note is correct, the other child, not so much.

Now, this stove has four burners. Three of them are on. One is not. If you touch the one that is off, you get eternal life. If you touch one of the other three, you burn forever. The choice is yours....and....go.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Until you suffer and suffer some more and keep on suffering you will not realize that you need God. When that realization comes you will seek Him. People say even if there was no God man would need to invent Him and implicitly they believe that is the truth. But another question to ask is if there was a God did He make us so that we would need Him. Are those delusional people who talk about feeling the presence of God idiots, or have I truly been blinded by human knowledge all my life? Is it wishful thinking that there is a God or is there something that we have been missing in our pretenses of being "open-minded" and intellectual? The verse I read long ago that God reveals Himself to those who seek Him, and I realized that I never truly sought Him, but rather waited for Himself to prove to me He was real. I decided I would take the initiative and live my life like one seeking God and truly have an open mind. I gave up much and prayed, cried, sought God with all my heart and found Him. It wasn't fear at all: I didn't believe in hell. It was the realization that man implicitly needs the transcendent. Rather than concluding we invented such things to deceive ourselves I wondered if I was wrong in my philosophy of life and reality.

You don't have to be dying to have a conversion, but maybe you have to suffer much. Those who love their life will lose it, but those who weep are blessed.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

NEWSFLASH: It is a TENET OF OUR FAITH to believe in Jesus! No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus.

LOL I was wondering as I read the thread when someone would point this out. This is the reason there is so much conflict between religions simply because people don't take the time to learn anything about other religions.

There's one small problem with that. Islam believes in Jesus, but only as a prophet, not as the Messiah!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well, I actually sought Him out and found Him. Many people do not search with all their heart, whereas the biblical God says that is what you must do to find Him. If, without searching, I came to the conclusion that He didn't exist, I would probably deserve what is coming to me.
You didn't answer my question.

Anyways, I too have sought him out. I lived for him for over 20 years. I gave up over 2 years of my life living in a country other than my own working with drug addicts and telling them about Jesus, because I felt like that was what he wanted me to do. Matter of fact, I spoke out to Jesus last night, asking him to allow me to meet him and ask him my questions. I asked him to show me hell, or show me anything so that I can see that this stuff is real. I got the same answer that I've gotten for the past 3-4 years when I ask him questions....that is...no answer. So, what do I do? I've sought in tears and still nothing. He must not want me to believe, lol.

But you truly believe that if you don't search and therefore don't believe, you deserve what is coming to you? You have to be joking. How could any being believe that FAITH is a good reason to believe? And if you can't muster the FAITH to believe, you deserve to be punished for it?

The kind of god that I wouldn't mind worshiping would be a god that loved me so much that no matter what I did or how evil I was, there's nothing I could that would make him want to hurt me.

Uhhh, because He tells us to live by FAITH. If you're not willing to do that, he won't answer you. Once you do it, you'll get all the answers you wanted.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure I could handle it with no problem.

I am sure you could. However, if you heard the same 'i wants' from your children, over and over again, what would you do.

Well, looks like I'll be descending into hell for all eternity. I deserve it anyways, might as well accept it.

Maybe listen to the song 'God Put a Smile on Your Face' by Coldplay says 'don't ever say youre on your way down'.
No one deserves to go to hell. We have all fallen from YHWH's grace. Some of us have been to hell. Trust me, 10 minutes in Tartarus will destroy your body. Imagine the worst possible event that can happen to you right now. That idea is heaven compared to what it is like down there.
One fact about hell. The word fear is undescribable because as every second ticks by, the situation goes from bad to worse, for eternity.

How about neither?

Both Heaven and hell exist. World events are proving that the Bible is correct. Look at Syria. Soon Damascus will be destroyed when USA drops the Mother Of All Bombs (M.O.A.B) on the city thus repeating a part of the Bible where Damascus 'will be reduced to rubble'. This is stated somewhere in Isiah. Note there is no 'after death' or radiation. Notice that Jordan only miles away was once 'the Kingdom of Moab'. Coincidence. If neither heaven or hell exist, why do the elite follow the Bible?

Sure, and not only would I get to go to heaven, so would all the other 7 billion people. Isn't that cool?

Judgement Day springs to mind. Maybe pray for this ability to do this. 7 billion smily faces will thankyou.

I know, its a cheesy answer. lol

What would be the atheists reason for torturing me? The only ones who treat me like dirt are the ones telling me that I'm going to burn forever because I don't believe as they do.

I think you have admitted that you once had faith in Jesus Christ. That is a excellent excuse for an athiest to torture you.
Remember, Dante's Hell. Backslidden and luke warm believers go deeper than the worst of all athiest murderers.
This is why our paths towards rightousness are extremely hard to follow.
The ones telling you that you are going to burn forever are, I am sure, advising you, not ordering you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Necromancy is as old as mankind's fear of death. Forgive me if I don't take you seriously. If you did go to 'hell' then I think you might have mistaken your location and were actually in a wal mart somewhere, since for a human to actually see 'hell' in all its dark glory would unhinge the most stable of mortal minds, and leave you a drooling senseless husk... Oh wait! Nevermind.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I am sure you could. However, if you heard the same 'i wants' from your children, over and over again, what would you do.
Depends on what they want. I may give it to them.

No one deserves to go to hell.
Well, you as a believer in god are in disagreement with other believers in the same god who have posted here. That's interesting. Why aren't you all on the same page?

If neither heaven or hell exist, why do the elite follow the Bible?
First, it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Next, the elite follow the bible? Is that why they're evil?

Judgement Day springs to mind. Maybe pray for this ability to do this. 7 billion smily faces will thankyou.

I know, its a cheesy answer. lol
Lol, oh well.

I think you have admitted that you once had faith in Jesus Christ. That is a excellent excuse for an athiest to torture you.
I'm an atheist now. I wouldn't torture anyone for their beliefs, lol. That is stupid. You know who does torture people for their beliefs? Believers do. They torture each other, or have in the past.

Remember, Dante's Hell. Backslidden and luke warm believers go deeper than the worst of all athiest murderers.
This is why our paths towards rightousness are extremely hard to follow.
The ones telling you that you are going to burn forever are, I am sure, advising you, not ordering you.
I need to get what I deserve. It is just.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh have MERCY! I'm sorry but this is just too much....gotta go...carry on.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The kind of god that I wouldn't mind worshiping would be a god that loved me so much that no matter what I did or how evil I was, there's nothing I could that would make him want to hurt me.

That's why you have free will to choose.

What exactly happened after 20 years of following Christ that made you feel like you weren't getting any answers when you spoke to God? Are you sure they just weren't the answers you wanted and the way you wanted them? Can you help me to understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join