It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shown Muammar Gaddafi and other people in Hell, on 24th November 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
We have answered, perhaps you're looking for a different answer? By definition it is "just" because it's the judgment of God. Is the idea of an eternal Hell repulsive to me as a human? Of course it is, and I think that's the point. Hell is supposed to be repulsive. I can separate my feelings of aversion and repulsiveness to Hell from it's reality or not. The repulsiveness of Hell doesn't factor into my rationality to it's existence or not. Hell is supposed to be repulsive.
Ok then, I just want you to clearly say, "Yes, it is just that sinners be eternally tortured forever." That's all.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

And how do you come to that conclusion?

His revealed nature in scripture for one, for two I would think if an entity was imperfect that would cancel any claims to divinity. It does seem unfair to me, but at the end of the day I chalk that up to me having incomplete information that God isn't handicapped by.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

His revealed nature in scripture for one, for two I would think if an entity was imperfect that would cancel any claims to divinity. It does seem unfair to me, but at the end of the day I chalk that up to me having incomplete information that God isn't handicapped by.
In other words, you believe it because a book says so. Next question, if you didn't have scripture would you know anything about this god?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

We have answered, perhaps you're looking for a different answer? By definition it is "just" because it's the judgment of God. Is the idea of an eternal Hell repulsive to me as a human? Of course it is, and I think that's the point. Hell is supposed to be repulsive. I can separate my feelings of aversion and repulsiveness to Hell from it's reality or not. The repulsiveness of Hell doesn't factor into my rationality to it's existence or not. Hell is supposed to be repulsive.
Ok then, I just want you to clearly say, "Yes, it is just that sinners be eternally tortured forever." That's all.

Well, I think that statement is nice for a poem or lyrics to a song, but as far a Physics goes it's terrible science. Eternity isn't having lots and lots of time. It's the existence outside the spacetime dimension. So it's not linear with tons of time to kill. There is no such thing as time in eternity. Time is a physical property.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Well, I think that statement is nice for a poem or lyrics to a song, but as far a Physics goes it's terrible science. Eternity isn't having lots and lots of time. It's the existence outside the spacetime dimension. So it's not linear with tons of time to kill. There is no such thing as time in eternity. Time is a physical property.
Ok, but you still haven't said with your own words that the punishment is just. Why haven't you?

Also, you gonna kill your kid because god says so? Remember, it's to save millions of people.......

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Humans can't be absolute judges because they are not all-knowing, however God can. Please understand then distinction. God has the authority but we do not.

You want to be your own God because you want your standards of judgement to be applied instead.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

In other words, you believe it because a book says so. Next question, if you didn't have scripture would you know anything about this god?

Sure, I've seen nothing in the Bible that would make me question to truthfulness of His revealed nature in the same book. I have no idea about your other question. If God chose another medium to reveal Himself than scripture then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sure, I've seen nothing in the Bible that would make me question to truthfulness of His revealed nature in the same book. I have no idea about your other question. If God chose another medium to reveal Himself than scripture then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
There isn't another medium? Do you have a personal relationship with him as many christians claim? If so, then you have direct access to him, or it isn't personal.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Humans can't be absolute judges because they are not all-knowing, however God can. Please understand then distinction. God has the authority but we do not.

You want to be your own God because you want your standards of judgement to be applied instead.
Using your human judgement, do you think it is just for your god to torture us sinners for all eternity in fire? I just want to know how YOU feel. Good grief.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Sure, I've seen nothing in the Bible that would make me question to truthfulness of His revealed nature in the same book.
Well, how about him not being able to lie? First, did he create hell only for the angels and devil with no knowledge that he was going to put man there too? If he did have knowledge of that, then why did he act like he created it only for the devil and his angels?

Next, why didn't Adam and Eve die the day they ate the fruit, as the bible states god said would happen? You gonna go with a spiritual death?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
He created everything, we just live here, of course He makes the rules. You think a video game entity makes the rules by democratic process? No, whatever rules the programmer puts in stays.
Sure, but I also have a brain that tells me that his punishment is insane. Do you agree that we all deserve to burn forever?

If so, why don't you burn your children when they break your rules? It is a fitting punishment after all.

no time to worry about the children. christians have bigger fish to fry. like trying to get rid of palestine. because god said it's not the palestinian's land.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Ok, but you still haven't said with your own words that the punishment is just. Why haven't you?

Also, you gonna kill your kid because god says so? Remember, it's to save millions of people.......

I have. Yes, it's just. It's just because it's God's judgment. He is the definition of justice.

If God told me to kill a child because they would kill millions in the future then I'd have to do it. What's with the 50 questions?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
no time to worry about the children. christians have bigger fish to fry. like trying to get rid of palestine. because god said it's not the palestinian's land.
That land belongs to Israel like the U.S. belongs to Americans. The Hebrews stole it from someone else, according to the bible.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

If God told me to kill a child because they would kill millions in the future then I'd have to do it. What's with the 50 questions?
Your beliefs are very interesting to me. Who knows, we may see you on the news someday after you've killed your child because god told you to. Holy #.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
ffs pocky , this again! change the damn record.

haha exactly!!

Amazingly Gaddafi asked for a drop of water...

Directly out of the bible... What a coinsidence

23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Apparently they read the bible in hell

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I have. Yes, it's just. It's just because it's God's judgment. He is the definition of justice.
Now that you think it is just, why are you letting someone else take your punishment for you? You need to do the time for your crime, not let some innocent person take it for you. It is just after all. It is sick to allow someone else take the punishment for your crime.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Next, why didn't Adam and Eve die the day they ate the fruit, as the bible states god said would happen? You gonna go with a spiritual death?

Are we going to stay on topic? This is turning into a rabbit trail very quickly.

And who told Adam and Eve that in the day that ate of the tree they would surely die? Who's wristwatch was counting down that "day"? Was it God's wristwatch or Adam's? The Bible says a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day. Adam lived to be 930 years old. Granted, it's been some years since I was in school, but it seems to me he didn't make it to 1,000 years old.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

And who told Adam and Eve that in the day that ate of the tree they would surely die? Who's wristwatch was counting down that "day"? Was it God's wristwatch or Adam's? The Bible says a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day. Adam lived to be 930 years old. Granted, it's been some years since I was in school, but it seems to me he didn't make it to 1,000 years old.
Oh wow, you're going to pull the 1 day is as a 1000 years card, for real? Is god that vague when he communicates? When he says "One day" he really means, "One thousand years"? Really man? Give me a break.

Do you not even know what that verse means? It only means that time is not important to him. It's not actually saying that one day is literally 1000 years or vice versa to him. I'm not even a christian and I get that.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Now that you think it is just, why are you letting someone else take your punishment for you? You need to do the time for your crime, not let some innocent person take it for you. It is just after all. It is sick to allow someone else take the punishment for your crime.

How did I "let" someone take my punishment for me? It happened 2,000 years ago, nothing I can do about it. The only thing I can do is thank the Lord with humble joy.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How did I "let" someone take my punishment for me? It happened 2,000 years ago, nothing I can do about it. The only thing I can do is thank the Lord with humble joy.
Because you did the crime. You should do the time. We all should, we deserve it after all. It is just. Remember? Accept it.

I mean, this god says we deserve to burn forever, so we should. It is strange though that he created these rules, then created the loophole of sacrificing himself to himself so that he can forgive us if we ask him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join