It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shown Muammar Gaddafi and other people in Hell, on 24th November 2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Question: Who goes to hell?

There was an earlier thread about Jeffrey Dahmer in heaven, and I think so, which I may have been the only one to do so. He was bad and then repented and became a Christian. The person, Abe in you example was sort of the opposite, so I would expect him to end up in hell. You did not give much information on Bob so I don't know about him.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Hydroman, I believe that God is just in every way. It sickens me how ppl make him out to be the bad guy. When we all know the name of the evil one. Why does none of the blame go to him ever?? Athiests argue, if he is ever knowing. Why did he create Lucifer knowing he'd be the downfall of man? Well, all potentional fathers know that their kids will misbehave one way or the other. But that doesnt stop them from having kids. And yes maybe god knew what was to be Satan's fate. But your understanding of one's destiny is a little warped. U believe one's destiny is set in stone and cannot be changed. That would be true if God gave us no free will. But since he loved us enough to do so. Our free will in the choices we make changes our destiny. God makes a predetermined path for all of us. Our free will changes the outcome almost daily. Now since God IS all knowing. Based on what choices we make. He sets a new destiny until we make choices that changes that. Back to satans rebellion. Yes God might have known that satan was on that path. But God asked Satan to repent and come back to him. And Satan had FREE WILL to repent or not. Had he repented, his fate as the prince of darkness would not have happened. But since he stayed his own course his fate stayed the same. And yes God made hell for satan and his angels NOT man. Why is that so hard for u to believe? Man was not even created during Satan's rebellion. So obviously hell was meant for just satan and his angels at that time. And u say god told adam and eve they would surely perish if they ate from the tree of life. Is that not what happened??? He didnt drop dead right there and then no. But some 900 something years later he did. He lost his immortality. Therefore he perished. And u ask us if God told us to kill our neighbor would I do it? The scenario u paint is unrealistic! God would never tell us to kill someone. Even someone who has the potentional to be a mass murderer. Do u know why? Because then that would conflict with that person's free will. He chose that path and later will answer for it during judgement day if he does not repent. And u rather believe lies then the truth. Because those lies support ur beliefs. U say a man killed his neighbor because he claimed that God told him to do it. U rather believe the impossible that a sinless God told a man to commit sin??? That man was deceived! And so are u. It is written that the devil can appear to u as a being of light. And that we are to test the spirit. That man obviously failed to test the spirit. And allowed himself to be deceived. And when u say u used to pray and not have ur prayers answered. U chose to blame god rather then look at urself on why u didnt get what u wanted. When i pray i know that i must pray with faith that it will happen. And I ask HUMBLY. If a prayer goes unanswered. I just think that its because i didnt pray with enough faith. Or because God is answering my prayer on HIS timeline NOT mine. He knows best. If u regarded him first of all rather then yourself. You might have realized that at the time. One thing i dont do is fault God for my prayers that go unanswered. How can u fault a faultless God? Especially when its common knowledge that humans are full of imperfections. Wouldnt it be more logical to blame myself before i even think to blame a perfect God?? And is it just to have sinners burn eternally? Of course it is. When we die all there is left is an eternity. And no I would not burn my child in fire. That would kill them! Why do u compare apples to oranges? U need to understand one thing. With God there is no in betweens. There are extreme opposites to each other. Heaven is extremely pleasant. And hell is extremely unpleasant. With light is no darkness. Darkness is the result of the absence of light. There is no in betweens in God's realm. Heaven is 100 percent light with no corners of darkness. Do u see the simple pattern? As long u keep trying to decipher god with worldly eyes. You will always remain blind to the truth. I will pray that one day u will start to open ur mind to God again. If u really were a believer in the first place.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Deetermined
No, but there are plenty of verses in the Bible that also mentions that you must possess "no doubt" in your faith in order for miracles to be performed. Unfortunately, turning completely away from the faith shows that you obviously had your doubts about it in the first place.

www.biblegateway.com...
This is incorrect. If you would have told me 5 years ago that in the future I would be an atheist, I would have laughed in your face. I NEVER thought I would be an unbeliever. I was one of those who thought they had a personal relationship with Jesus. I "spoke" to him all the time. I loved him. I realize now that I was brainwashed/self deluded like everyone else in any other religious belief system.

Again, if 500 + people are in agreement with something, and are all praying for it and it doesn't happen, something isn't right. Many of these people were elders in churches, deacons, etc. If none of these people could muster the faith, or pray without doubt, well, imo, no one can.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

if you have met Jesus, it is hard to turn your back on him. I think you thought what you experienced the was real chistian faith. You don't think there is a real thing? There is much more for you. Think about this: even you 'met' Jesus for the first time, what was it that made you a believer? An idea inside your head? A make-believe god? What was it? Real faith makes God real. No argumentet can make me think that Jesus isn't real and alive. Think about that. Why? Because I KNOW him. He is real on the inside in my heart. That is Christianity.
edit on 18-3-2012 by CreativeForce because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9   >>

join