It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi knights top 15,000 in Czech census

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I remember just before the census this year, they told everyone through the media NOT to put down
Jedi for religion.
Being Aussie's, I can only assume that we'll have a bumper crop this year

I'm from Adelaide too

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i wanna be a Jedi where do i join? it would really piss my brain washed Mormon sister off! i would love it if there was something like that around my area. i am sick of all the two faced religious people in my home town! it is there right and i would protect there right but it still drives me nuts. we need a Jedi like order. i am in

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

jesus was in his indiana jones incarnation, not han solo. remember overturning the tables in the tabernacle? he used a whip to beat the crap out of them all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

That's ridiculous considering that Star Wars draws massively from the Bible, it's all in there. Quite nonsensical to then follow a movie script without realizing where the script comes from. It's the same deal with other very famous movies/stories.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Might seem like a totally random and irrelevant to the thread but in regard to your thread and their choosing to follow the way of the Jedi. Some may say that it is ridiculous yet when you really think of it, its not a bad theory in a sense.
Religion today.......no, the world today stands divided. We as a species, a population stand divided in so many ways that regardless of which faith/religion people chose to follow or even if they follow a faith/religion at all we fail over and over again.
Those of religious beliefs talk the talk but fail to walk the walk. Regardless of which religion you choose to follow, mockery and blasphemy runs rampant in all. Doesnt peace, unity, harmony and righteousness sit high up in the list of what God wants us to be? Doesnt he want us all to prosper regardless of location, language and colour? To stand united as his children, as his creations?

So many divisions and boundaries that MAN has created, not God. We created our own satan and we continue to be ruled by satan and his system of things that have nation against nation and man against man. We see it daily on a local scale, we see it daily on a global scale. We are addicted to the system. We are addicted to money and we have become prisoners in our own home called earth because we cant do a simple thing that God wanted us to.

Divisions in Religions, "my religion is better than yours", "their religion has anti-western views", "my religion is truth theirs is lies", "their religion leads to terrorism" WTF! Seriously!

I have my own theory and its Lee's Theory of things

My theory is that God, the creator, the architect created one religion. He knew what we were to become and he knew the tests that will be set before us. Lessons that will make us learn to be what he set us out to be and he knew of the trials and obstacles that Satan would set before us all, because satan wanted the power and the glory, like a spoilt little brat that cant have his own way. Satan wanted what God wanted and chose to tempt us all, which, at the moment is working. Because we are weak! We are to ignorant and naive to see the error of our ways. Its a bit like bribing a kid to behave with sweets, but on a massive scale. Satan tries to force your faith where as God is allowing you to choose. A choice.
Given the fact that God is all knowing, and is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega suggests he knows past, present and future. We insult his intelligence daily and have done so daily for centuries.

I believe that God, created and is the Truth and understood the above. He gave us his word but to ensure the survival of the truth and us he divided it. Divided it into equal parts and handed a piece to each sub-religion and gave us different languages in order for each piece to not succumb to change or influence. A bit like the "keeping all of your eggs in one basket.
Dividing of religions to preserve the truth? If there was one religion from the start, man would have made sure it was ruined long ago.
The following is key.
I believe that when the nations, religions and the people of Earth/hEart set aside the differences and satan is destroyed we will move forward. Nations will stand side by side in understanding, unity and peace. The pieces of religion divided will come together to reveal the truth. The truth can only be found when this happens. Poverty, famine and illness will end.
Peace, Unity and Equality will stand strong and will not be destroyed. True riches will be shared and man will not see another man suffer.

The problem we face today is that i believe when religion was divided, one was not happy and wanted all pieces or if they couldnt have them they set out to destroy them. Hence what we see today.

Wars has raged for years, no soon as one ends another begins. The elites and their puppets continue to sacrifice men and women wether it be service personell or civilians while they themselves sacrifice nothing while they sleep safely in their beds. Men and women die daily in wars yet "they" just replace them by sending more to war. These bastards are leading lambs to the slaughter and if i see it, God does too. They justify their actions in the name of peace and equality. They spend obscene amounts of money to fuel wars for power, dominance and economy. They sit on their riches and luxuries while some unfortunate souls cant eat, drink or simply survive. Poverty exists in this day and age because of these that choose to play the roles of Kings and Gods. The Liars, cheats and deceivers, the manipulaters that have sold their souls to an evil that so isnt human.

Regardless of which religion you choose to follow or if you do or not, DO YOU ACCEPT THE WAY WE ARE AS ACCEPTABLE AND EXCUSABLE!?
The end of the world i believe is coming, but not literally. It will be the end of the world for those who are and are part of!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Hey I was one of those, and did the same in 2001...

Even when the MSM said even if they get more than a certain amount it will still not be recognised as a proper religion...

I just reckon they didn't want to give us a public holiday for it...

BRING ON JEDI DAY!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So in relation to the following of the Jedi?
Whats any worse than what we have already? Its not the religions, but the bad apples that are conspiring to change the word to their own benefit.

All will be revealed one way or another.
Why wage wars etc when all you need to do really is wait. Why fight with other religions or manipulate the masses views through propeganda when ultimately one way or another God will be judge.

Would it not be easier and more benefical for all to pave the way for his returning through Peace so we can all stand and say "We've been down, we've been out, we've made mistakes but we have learned our lessons and here we stand united, as one"

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

That's ridiculous considering that Star Wars draws massively from the Bible, it's all in there. Quite nonsensical to then follow a movie script without realizing where the script comes from. It's the same deal with other very famous movies/stories.

Isnt the way of the Jedi to live in peace?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

There's war in every Star Wars movie/comic/cartoon. It's even in the name.

The "live in peace" is the bit they stole from religions. Christ's way is to live in peace. Coincidence? I think not. After all, these movie directors all grew up with the Bible, did they not? Considering how we humans remake and rehash stories it's pretty self evident where the big lines of the movies come from.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by Lee78

There's war in every Star Wars movie/comic/cartoon. It's even in the name.

The "live in peace" is the bit they stole from religions. Christ's way is to live in peace. Coincidence? I think not. After all, these movie directors all grew up with the Bible, did they not? Considering how we humans remake and rehash stories it's pretty self evident where the big lines of the movies come from.

Jediism

Practitioners identify themselves with the Jedi Knights in Star Wars, believe in the existence of the Force and that interaction with the Force is possible. Believers align themselves with the moral code demonstrated by the fictional Jedi. One Jedi church described the religion as syncretistic, incorporating beliefs from various religions including Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism and Shintoism.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Don't get too excited.

In the UK there is like 100,000+ 'Jedi' declared in our Census.

It's just a joke with people.
Not to sure about that. We elected a croaky bloke who wants to be the Emperor (Cameron) and has his apprentice who lovingly refers to him as master (Clegg). They both have most definitely embraced the dark side.

If anyone objects they use the force (police) against them. What we need now is a farm boy pumped up on mediclorines who knows how to hunt swamp rats.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Jesus, as a historical figure, could have led the largest revolution in the history of civilization. Possibly he was a Greek Green Beret.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
it hasn't been Czechoslovakia since 1993 i think its the Czech Republic Funny tho wonder if they were serious ??? in article it said it was added to the ballot so dont know if jedi was an option or an other but great story hahah

Well over 20,000 put it on the UK ballot years ago and it was enough to get it officially recognised as a religion in this country so...

Yeah, funny but I'd rather be Jedi too. Who says they have to be virgins though? Isn't that a bit of a moronic, ignorant and somewhat jealous kind of statement?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I put my religion as Jedi in the last two censors as I believe that that is what I am going to become.

See my signature and you will see what I believe.

And light is just a vibration, the highest vibration is love.
So Jesus had the most love, so He had the strongest saber ever.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It appears one of the Jedi went on a bit of a rampage in a toy store:

Police found the 33-year-old still swinging the light saber in the store’s car park on Wednesday evening. Officers say they tackled Mr Canterbury after two attempts to stun him with a Taser gun failed. Canterbury allegedly broke one of the Taser guns by hitting it with the light saber.

Man arrested over light saber attack

I could just imagine him blocking the taser's electrodes with the light saber!

ETA: Just has to add this:

edit on 16/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Haha awesome, how funny that people have actually love a movie so much they practice a fictional religion portrayed. Craaaazy.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Learn from them, we must!!!

...though, I will personally be using the Schwartz brand of Jedi...ness.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Haha... how funny that people love a fictional book so much, that they would practice a fictional religion portrayed by it. See what I did there?

If true wisdom is spoken by your enemy would you still ignore it? If your enemy spoke words that rang true and "right" in your heart, would you ignore it, simply because they are your "enemy"? Sometimes, words of wisdom, truth, and understand can come from the mouths of demons, tyrants, and "bad people".

OT: This actually doesn't really surprise me at all lol. Both the Jedi and the Sith have very interesting perspectives on things. Also, I think as someone mentioned, we as humans, are quite possibly the most divided species on this planet. The Jedi and Sith are pretty much the epitome of division.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join