It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish military on war preparedness after Syrian Scud Ds moved to border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well here ya go. Yep its Debka but this isnt speculative. Many times Debka talks about things that "are suppose to happen" and the the world powers act behind the scenes to squash said event. When it comes to actual news about something like military hardware being moved, Debka is usually spot on then you see it in the MSM within a few days.

"War tensions around Syria rose alarmingly Thursday night, Dec. 15, when Turkey's top military council convened "to review the armed forces' preparedness for war" in response to the deployment of Syrian missiles, some tipped with chemical warheads, on their common border. Our sources report that 21 Syrian missile launchers, five of them Scud D with chemical warheads, are deployed in northern Syria opposite the Turkish Hatai (Alexandretta) district. They were moved up in broad daylight to make sure Western spy satellites and Turkish intelligence surveillance saw them. More are on the way.

In Israel, the IDF announced it was reconstituting the special command for operations behind enemy lines under the command of Brig. Gen. Shay Avital.

Before the military council convened in Ankara, Turkey placed its border contingents, air force and navy on war preparedness."

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Source?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It's show time

I Just wish it were a lighthearted comedy in the blue ray machine

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This appears to be some serious business. I wonder what the hell the Syrian government is thinking provoking war like this while rebels are tearing them apart from the inside?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Secretary of Defense in Turkey tonight as well......

US Defence Secretary visits key ally Turkey
(AFP) – 10 hours ago
ANKARA — US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta arrived Thursday in "key ally" Turkey from Iraq, for an official visit that will focus on the developments in the Middle East, especially Syria.

"It's important for us to work closely with Turkey at this critical time," Panetta told reporters shortly before his arrival in Ankara for the two-day visit.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sure: www.debka.com...

Originally posted by lifespath420
Source?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Can you please link to the source.

Edit: Thanks for providing it. Pretty crazy stuff happening! Didn't Russia say that they would defend Syria if TSHTF.?

Edit 2: Is Debka a reliable source???

edit on 15-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the source on this" not good news
event". I will follow this thread for updates.
Seems things are starting to move faster
now.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
IF everything we are hearing on ATS now-a-days is credible and true then we are heading a bit closer to a conflict.

I mean it doesnt have to be WW3 it could just be more BS-American Wars in the Middle East.

Especially with that Russian Air Carrier spotted off of Scotland headed for The Mediteranean and the British and Americans also sending their own War-vessels towards the same area...

Stuff could get serious now

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As for Debka-you have to see my original post...i describe how Debka acts.

Originally posted by daaskapital
Can you please link to the source.

Edit: Thanks for providing it. Pretty crazy stuff happening! Didn't Russia say that they would defend Syria if TSHTF.?

Edit 2: Is Debka a reliable source???

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a source would be very good and yes DEBKAfile is quite reliable for information (at times) it does have some planted news but I have no doubt in mind about this move if this is true as 'rebels' from Libya (hired mercs backed by NATO) have been crossing through Turkey and into Syria. Problem- an act like this plus the massing of NATO and US forces on the border of Syria would give me no doubt in my mind that the Syrians would react like this.

top topics

join