It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: A Different Perspective.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
G'day ATS

Ok so, I'm from the great land down under and I thought I'd share with you, my perspective of the US elections largely gained from what I see on these boards. Keeping in mind my knowledge on this matter is limited and mainly derived from ATS but I believe with what I'm about to share it is still quite significant as far as politics as a whole goes.

Firstly I'd like to say, if I was an American, I know exactly where my vote would go.
Ron Paul has become somewhat a cult icon as far as I can tell and that is the point I'm trying to make, it's utterly astounding.

Many Ron Paul threads spring up daily across many different forums on this site and it's in my eyes a bit of a wonder. All these other candidates seem only to be mentioned in Ron Paul support threads so where are their backers on ATS. Few and far between it seems. I mean sure, this cult following could be limited to ATS but I don't believe it to be the case. Here are some examples of what i mean...

An article following a recent straw poll in Pasco County

DADE CITY — They came from all corners of Florida: Volusia County, Charlotte County, the University of Florida, even Miami. And the Ron Paul supporters emerged victorious....

...Amazed at the distances traveled by many of the Paul devotees, Pasco Supervisor of Elections Brian Corley said: "I love voting and democracy, but I'd be home watching a football game." The event drew candidates for nearly every local office, though Paul supporters swamped Pasco activists. It didn't matter where they came from, voters only needed to make a $10 contribution to cast a ballot.

Take this as you will but to me it shows something rather significant. They came from all over Florida to cast a vote, paid 10 bucks, then drove all the way home! Correct me if I'm wrong but Florida isnt exactly 10 miles across is it? Now that is dedication!

Another example is a video I saw on ATS a week or so ago. I"m not 100% but I believe one member stated it was an unofficial video and not from Ron Pauls campagne ranks.

To have support willing to put together a clip like that, of such professionalism and not even official campagne material... I dont think it's because Ron Paul supporters are bored with nothing to do, they're downright bloody diehard!!!

Every Ron Paul thread I visit is usually swamped by members stating their excitement for how Ronny has just taken out another straw poll. I had a discussion in a thread yesterday, about how straw polls arent exactly reliable in the broader scheme of things but. Ron Paul seems to win them all! Sure only maybe 200 people may vote but these polls are taking place nation wide and Ronny often wins in a landslide. If its the same people flooding these polls to vote for Ronny, wheres this kind of energy from supporters of the other candidates?

Now in my experience I've never witnessed such enthusiasm from the public especially in Oz, to get behind any political representative and go to these lengths to support their cause. Hell when election time in Oz rolls around, I'm usually too hungover to get out of bed to be bothered voting as our choices are usually not worth the time of day. The only thing that forces me outta bed is the fine I'd have to pay for not voting. As stated in the acticle I sourced earlier, people are paying $10 just to vote for Ronny, IN A STRAW POLL!!

RP's supporters are often quoted as saying how exciting it all is to see the momentum gainig yadda yadda yadda. The fact they're excited about election time, that's unheard of here in Oz. Im actually more interested by a country mile in this US election than I have ever been in an election in Australia.

I'll leave it at that for now as I must be off soon for a few hours but before I go I must say. A vote against Ron Paul, is a vote against this bloke haha...

AT YOUR OWN RISK

And lets not forget this telling image...

Peace out America, do what's right for your country and the rest of the world...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Voting for ANY other candidate is simply voting for the status quo. Doesn't matter which party, doesn't matter which candidate. Dr. Paul may not have all the answers but he is the only person that is working to stop this insanity and get us moving in a better, hopefully more sustainable direction. But the choices that HAVE to be made and the changes that HAVE to be made are not easy and a significant departure from the way things have been. Most people aren't comfortable with that and can't get their heads around it. My fear (and this is coming form someone who wrote-in Dr. Paul in the last election) is that there aren't enough people who can see what is right infront of their face and we're doomed to continue down the current path to the bitter end.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Polling tells us that the majority of Americans feel that the country is headed in the *WRONG* direction. So if we recognize that and keep voting the "status quo" into office, we are insane! I am pretty sure that a smart man said that doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the exact definition of insanity. So a country moving in the wrong direction, suffering for no good reason other than very unsound policies can look seriously at Ron Paul and say that he is too extreme? Really? The only way out of this mess is an "extreme" change. And not the one you thought you voted for in 2008. Ok, rant over!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
VOTE FOR PAUL

But how pissed would I be if he comes up and starts to do an evil laugh and turns out to be just like Obama

I'll just move to Japan because then it'll be all over

But Pauls not like that !!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

I'm like you, just an interested outsider gaining most of his info from this board but he does seem to walk the walk, talk the talk and er...something else that rhymes which I have forgotten.

I love that baby photo. Classic!

I like to watch all the youtube clips that everyone posts too and Jon Stewart is doing an excellent job trying to counteract the MSM ignorance while highlighting the man's policies and standpoints and still managing to have a damn good laugh at all the other fools and their mindless rhetoric and diversions.

In my best Jon Stewart accent while throwing both hands in the air:
"RON PAUL 2012!!!"

ETA

edit on 15/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
VOTE FOR PAUL

But how pissed would I be if he comes up and starts to do an evil laugh and turns out to be just like Obama

I'll just move to Japan because then it'll be all over

But Pauls not like that !!

I suppose that with most candidates that exact thing would happen. At least it seems that way. I remember Obama being asked if he was "punch drunk" during his first interview after being "de-briefed" as the new president. It is easy for me to consider that there is a lot more going on than we truly know and some stances naturally change or are at least modified. I am ok with that but sometimes it seems like they are all just on the same team. And that team does not include us... Guess rant wasn't over just yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Right on. Baby picture my new desktop. I have always thought that babies and dogs have an sort of sixth sense towards the true nature of people.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
My fear (and this is coming form someone who wrote-in Dr. Paul in the last election) is that there aren't enough people who can see what is right infront of their face and we're doomed to continue down the current path to the bitter end.

I reluctantly agree with you there I'm afraid. The wool has been pulled over the eyes of many for many years. Exposure is the key and the MSM is doing what it can to give Dr Paul as little as possible. It's up to each and every one of you to dish out the facts to the less informed members of the public. With enough Ron Paul crusaders, there's enough time to get the message across.
Worst case if he doesn't get elected, perhaps those of you that are aware will be driven to the point of a real revolution. Speculation of course but the last hope doesn't die with Ron Paul, it does with you guys as citizens.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chemley
I am pretty sure that a smart man said that doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the exact definition of insanity.

Wise words but it's a shame someone of limited education couldn't come up with that. It's quite obvious this statement is true and speaks volumes about the insanity of the current world we live in.
Hmmm here's to the winds of change. Hopefully such winds are of hurricane proportions or else we're doomed as a society.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

That would suck!
Who knows, we've been fooled in the past. But yeah not Ronny, afterall babies kiss him haha!

new topics

top topics

join