It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me laugh : feds : Arpaio violated civil rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Meh there are different sides to this story. The DOJ investigation did not start until Obama took office. When they asked him to stop taking action againt illegals, he declined, pointing out his deputies had gone through the federal training that was estabished under the Bush administration where local law enforcement recieved training in Federal Immigration laws and were allowed to enforce them.

When he ddeclined the DOJ terminated the program. However Arizona had state laws that went into effect that allowed him to continue the enfore the law.

It was at that point the DOJ decided to go after him. In this particular case I have to agree with the Sheriff when he stated its a politically motivated effort on the part of the government.

I want to see the ecidence collected that allowed the DOJ to arrive at the rights violation / profiling conclusions before I buy into it hook, line and sinker, especially after the operation fast and furious disaster.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This thread is just teeming with ignorance and generalizations.

I'm not going to bother with coming up with examples because I think most of the smart members on this site will know what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

And from reading your threads, you seem to be a paid shill for Obama or a complete idiot...
edit on 15-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Not a complete one...some parts are missing...

I wish I got paid...but alas..with such the lack of intelligence on these websites....there is no need to be paid...people just keep making a$$'s of themselves and no one really takes them serious..
Therefore the government has nothing to worry about...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join