It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me laugh : feds : Arpaio violated civil rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh so NOW you care about civil rights and Arpaio? Just now? After all these years? Gee...

Feds: Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio violated civil rights

The U.S. government said Thursday that the man who called himself the toughest sheriff in America ran an office that has committed wide-ranging civil rights violations against Latinos, including a pattern of racial profiling and heavy-handed immigration patrols based on racially charged complaints.

Feds care about civil rights? Since when? Especially that they say this on the SAME DAY the feds are KILLING the Bill of Rights with the NDAA.

Please. They do not care about the illegals, or civil rights. They care about this :

Sheriff Joe Arpaio gets Death Threats over Obama Investigation

The feds want to shut him down (and probably send him to jail) for questioning lordship Obama and investigating him.

This is a political assassination.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I just want someone to explain to me please how it is possible to Racially profile illegal immigration patrols when you border Mexico and all the immigrants are MEXICAN????

Political correctness = stupidity. The fact that the Federal Government is trying to deter attempts to stem illegal immigration based on RACE of all things shows through and through the amount of corruption at the Federal level. They are buying votes and cheap labor for corporate masters.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I remember a time before Obama being president, before birthers came up.

I remember the reports about Arpaio. And they haven't changed.

Maybe he's just an old bigoted jackass that shouldn't be a sheriff?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
this whole thing basically started because arpaio had to release violent illegals because ice wouldn't come pick them up.
don't get me wrong, i'm no fan of his, but i do understand what has been going on in arizona.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I remember a time before Obama being president, before birthers came up.

I remember the reports about Arpaio. And they haven't changed.

That's the point. Nothing has changed, yet they only go after him NOW...

Maybe he's just an old bigoted jackass that shouldn't be a sheriff?

Yes he is.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

According to recent Supreme Court ruling he should invite the Feds to his county and then book them for harassment ....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
America’s Worst Sheriff (Joe Arpaio)

This guy is just an idiot and always will be. Political Correctness my a$$ ..you people b*tch and moan when cops mess with your civil rights...but when it goes against Latino Americans..you could care less.

Sure you have illegals...but you also have Caucasian illegals, but he could not stop random white people otherwise you guys would hate this man....because you are all hypocrites.

Either cops should be allowed to violate every one's rights or no ones. CHOOSE.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
When Arpaio was keeping non-violent drug offenders in cheap tents with no air conditioning in 115 degree Arizona heat, and making them wear pink underwear while they slaved in the heat, he was hailed as a "hero". Shaming non-violent offenders and giving them heatstroke was a-okay with the government.

Suddenly, it's election time, and Obama is trying to sew up the Latino vote. All of a sudden, the feds are humanitarian bleeding hearts who care about illegals.

I doubt I could eat the amount I want to vomit when I think of the blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

The difference is that they are not Americans.

Why should I care about Mexicans (who broke the law getting here?)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
who here has spent time in pheonix?
who here knows any hispanics-americans in pheonix?
i do, and most of them are against all the illegals.
most of the complaints filed against illegals are made by hispanics.
believe it or not, pheonix is quite segregated, most problems involving illegals are in latino areas.
this may sound racist to some, but sometimes the truth just works that way.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
who here has spent time in pheonix?
who here knows any hispanics-americans in pheonix?
i do, and most of them are against all the illegals.
most of the complaints filed against illegals are made by hispanics.
believe it or not, pheonix is quite segregated, most problems involving illegals are in latino areas.
this may sound racist to some, but sometimes the truth just works that way.

Well a friend of mine lives in Tucson Arizona and yeah... he's sick of illegals. He wants to move to Canada but his house just won't sell... the housing market is too much in the dump.

Uh dude what? Most people here don't like Arpaio. And they despise his violating people's rights, doesn't matter if they are latino or caucasian.

Thing is, we are calling out the feds for being a bunch of hypocrites, going after him NOW, when he's investigating Obama AND while the feds are KILLING the bill of rights. They are not going after him for all the ``good reasons they say they are``.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Can you tell the difference between an American born Latino and illegal one?

Doubt it...so this guy should be allowed to violate the rights of American born ones to get to the illegal ones?

If so..then he should be targeted everyone...of every race...it is only fair...I wonder how many whites were stopped and then asked for their papers to prove they were American...how many were stopped for nothing...hmmm..most likely none...so tell me your against some Americans getting their rights violated just not Caucasians American or illegals? What about black, Hindu's or any other race...should they also be targeted?

Hypocrisy is insane on this site. Violating rights is idiotic but if you agree he should be allowed to violate the American born Latino's then don't cry when other cops from parts of the country violate other people's rights...you can't have it both ways..your either for the violation of all Americans rights or against. You can't pick and choose here...one is right or one isn't. I am pretty sure your constitution is for all people not just the few.
edit on 15-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because:
edit on 15-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

tucson does have problems, for sure, but besides some bad areas on the southside it's much smaller than pheonix, not nearly the urban wasteland feel.
people actually say high and wave to each other in some areas.
pheonix is just insane, there's some neighborhoods no cops will even go near.
personally, i find it safer in a mexican border town than some areas of pheonix.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would describe Holders attempt to attack sherriff Joe.........
Fast and Furious!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Thing is, we are calling out the feds for being a bunch of hypocrites, going after him NOW, when he's investigating Obama AND while the feds are KILLING the bill of rights. They are not going after him for all the ``good reasons they say they are``.

Says who...you and all the other anti obamites?

He should be investigated and dealt with, unlike Obama there is valid reasons for the investigations of this man.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Can you tell the difference between an American born Latino and illegal one?

Doubt it...so this guy should be allowed to violate the rights of American born ones to get to the illegal ones?

If so..then he should be targeted everyone...of every race...it is only fair...I wonder how many whites were stopped and then asked for their papers to prove they were American...how many were stopped for nothing...hmmm..most likely none...so tell me your against some Americans getting their rights violated just not Caucasians American or illegals? What about black, Hindu's or any other race...should they also be targeted?

Hypocrisy is insane on this site.
edit on 15-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

let me ask. if a cop pulls you over, do you refuse to give him your drivers license?
after all the hype i've heard about this law, this is actually the basic concept.
if a person gets confronted by the cops and can not show an i.d., can not proove citizenship, they can be held.
maybe you can show me of an instance where a cop arrested somebody for solely being hispanic.
the law is actually about post-contact.
now, if you were a cop and pulled somebody over who spoke no english, or very little, and had no legal drivers license, would it be safe to assume them illegal?
man, i can't believe i'm making it sound like i'm sticking up for cops.
my intention is only to make sure people understand and don't just judge everything by what the msm tells you.

eta,

and had no legal drivers license, would it be safe to assume them illegal?

i should have added a green card, visa etc...
there are more ways of prooving your here legally than just a drivers license.
sorry bout that.
edit on 15-12-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Says who...you and all the other anti obamites?

You mean the majority of the country and the world?

He should be investigated and dealt with, unlike Obama there is valid reasons for the investigations of this man.

Arpaio should be investigated, Obama too. Obama is a way bigger criminal than Arpaio can ever DREAM of being.

And from reading your threads, you seem to be a paid shill for Obama or a complete idiot...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Suddenly, it's election time, and Obama is trying to sew up the Latino vote. All of a sudden, the feds are humanitarian bleeding hearts who care about illegals.

Do you live in Arizona? NO.

The investigation of Arpaio has been going on for a long time. Long before anyone even heard of Obama.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You know me I am latina, my husband pay darn enough taxes already in our county in Ga to feed the illegal immigrant brats because here thats all they are good for is to breed America babies on welfare.

I agree with you 100% my husband and I have better things to worry about like paying taxes so somebody else can enjoy government assistance

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So... investigating the POTUS is a Sheriff's's first priority, but investigating rape in his bailiwick isn't...

wonkette.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join