It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1973 Rod Serling Documentary Puts Mayan End Date At 12-24-2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This makes sense to me in respect that TPTB would try to conceal this. If true, this gives them a jump on preparations. I'm still looking for the original episode. I would like to find out when and why the date changed. I'm waiting to see what happens next year before I make a judgement. Thought I'd share this. Sorry if it's already posted. Couldn't find it in a search.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This has been mentioned before, there is also one with Spock er Leonard Nimoy in 1978 that states the same.

From what I read that original date was misinterpreted. I don't know for sure, since I didn't dig into it that much (I mean, 9 days, what am I going to do?).

Anyway, if the world blows up in 9-10 days, meh.

EDIT: This is the same video that was posted, its got Spock in the second half.
edit on 15-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Sorry if it's already posted. Couldn't find it in a search.

Seriously couldnt find it? It gets newly posted almost every week.

Here is but one...
Leonard Nimoy and Rod Serling agree, the end of the world is Dec 24, 2011 !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit - ok... a more more related threads about this date...

Mayan Calender Ends December 24 2011

Is It The Actual End Of World December 24, 2011?

"December 24,In The Year 2011,They Will Return" *

"In Search Of Videos" From 1977 And 1973 Leonard Nimoy Saying The Mayan Aate as Dec 24 2011 Not

Dec 24, 2011

edit on 15-12-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What do you find in the 1st 2 pages of search results for 'mayan end date?' I don't look past that. But feel free to continue.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It was also suppsoed to be 28 October 2011 and that came and went, so I will wait til the end of next year. To be honest, if it all goes Pete Tong before then it will probably be better to be a surprise than what will start happening next year with many people getting up to who knows what as they think the world will end.

As for me, I'm going camping

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'll just go ahead and repeat myself for the hundredth time.

The December 24, 2011 date comes from Michael Coe. In 1966 he published a book titled The Maya. In the first edition of the book he states that his research lead him to the 2011 date. In the second edition of the book, published in 1980, he then revised his date to January 11, 2013. It was then in the third edition of his book, released in 1984, that he settled on the date he still supports December 23, 2012. Also known as the GMT+2 correlation. The GMT correlation, which gives us the December 21, 2012 date, wasn't even published until 1983. What sets the GMT and GMT+2 correlations apart from these earlier correlations is that they looked at multiple aspects of Mayan belief and knowledge. If my memory serves me correctly, the earlier correlations were based primarily on astronomical data. On the other hand, the later correlations were based on astronomical archaeological, and historical data.

Of course this entire conversation is moot as the Maya didn't believe that the Long Count ends after the 13th baktun. That's a whole other can of worms however so I will just suggest you check out the links in my sig.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Nice, I don't have to buy Christmas presents then.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Cool, ANOTHER doom date with ANOTHER YouTube link to back it up that has been posted multiple times already.. *yawn*

Any takers on when the next one is going to be?

edit on 18/12/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
OK, so where's my big KABOOM! I was expecting an earth-shattering KABOOM! Or at least a global zombie apocalypse. Or a Great Featherd Serpent God decending from somewhere. Oh well. Maybe 21st Dec 2012...

new topics

top topics

join