It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The World, As We Know It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Being pretty much of a newbie here @ ATS - seems like you have pretty much "nutshelled" 50% of the reason this site exists.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Sorry to blow your bubble ... no, I'm not :-)

EMP, or an Electro Magnetic Pulse ... is just static electricity, on high scale. But unfortunately for you, and fortunate for US ... electric stuff today, have built in a safety issue. Most vital stuff, the expensive stuff you don't have, have a simple fuse you change ... and it's all alright again.

IFF this EMP of yours, had struck ... say, in the 80's ... it would have been devestating. But most military complexes have been preparing for an EMP, for 50 years ...

Surry bud, you're just gonna have to see us live for another thousand years ... but keep on praying, maybe your God, will come and save your butt ... and kill the rest of us ... just for you ... after all, You ARE God's belowed ...

HA HA HA HA

NO end of the world ...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Another great book by Carl Sagan is "The Dragons of Eden: Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence." Sagan was a hero of mine, I used to watch his TV show, and have read all of his books.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Good post

It's all good... really
This planet is an amazing, beautiful place and its power leaves me breathless everyday. Worried? nah... This life is only temporary and every moment is a wonderful gift that shouldn't be taken for granted. Instead of thinking about the bad stuff happening... go outside and lay in the grass and listen to the Earth, have a conversation with the trees. Instead of looking into a mirror for the answers, look into the eyes of your dog or your cat or your child. Everything is connected.

The big problem as I see it, is most individuals have lost their ability to be connected to all living things, including Earth, without the aid of technology.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

OK, this is my third cup of coffee, so maybe I'm waking up. Not sure, not quite there yet. But some ideas just randomly formed out of various streams of information I had shelfed, into one odd picture.

I saw, past cycles, and there are the True Terrans, and that species which is probably many races, is not all one polarity. They are not all negatives like some think, and from what I understand they've been forced underground due to negative foreign group that has taken over, that controls our leaders.

Now there are many many things that could happen in the short run, we are subjected to so many doom scenarios its not funny, and without discussing them, the thing that may be occurring within decades unless a cooling suddenly happens, perhaps even sooner than decades, relates to all those methane gas bubbles up north.

In which case, earth's life forms would die off. The planet would warm up considerably, and the Terrans would inherit it.

While perhaps all those giant earth sized "crafts" spotted would be taking people off in the astral, to frequency match systems???

The dolphins and whales and other creatures, ie elephants, already have contingency plans and are being taken off as we speak. They're being freed.

Just randomly came to me this morning as a possibility.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Fuses are designed to protect electrical componentry but are inline with the power supply/source. designed to protect the circuitry from excessive power entering the circuitry via the normal power source.

The problem with EMP is primarily with semi conductors and their very delicate circuitry which unless shielded will absorb this energy similar to that of an antenna forcing current through the sensitive circuitry in ways in which it wasn't designed in which to be capable of handling current level wise.

Due to this absorbed energy flowing according to the path of least resistance as current naturally does, the delicate componentry designed for very low current levels AND for the current to flow in only ONE direction will suffer damage.

Similar to if one were to immerse an energized circuit into water.

Because the fuses are external to the semiconductors the damage would occur well before this current would even reach the fuse. In fact the semi conductor circuitry itself would act as a fuse would and would actually end up melting.

Which is also why older automobiles and or motorcycles without computer/solid state ignitions and instead possessing old fashioned point ignitions for example will survive an EMP.

Also as to why if you recall the Russians used Vacuum Tubes vs solid state circuitry in their military aircraft for decades. Simply because they were more rugged and able to better withstand an EMP.

Peace

edit on 16-12-2011 by nh_ee because: Live Free or Die

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine. R.E.M

sorry, just had to put that in your thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

...Live the life you love and Love the life you Live !

This is more of the western fear of dying paradigm....fear of dying....something that is going to occur regardless.

So why fear the inevitable ?

Especially if we really don't even die ?

We are defined as being clinically Dead when we no longer have a pulse and/or brain function in essence.

Both the pulse and brainwaves are comprised of measurable amounts of electrical energy ...

Which when we die it ceases to exist.....but iIFwe are resuscitated it miraculously reappears with a pulse and brain waves/activity which are once again electrically measurable and scientifically quantifiable.

What I am getting at here is that if our lives and "Living" is defined by the existence or non existence of this quantifiable electrical energy then we never really die simply due to the fact and according to Albert Einstein, Energy cannot be created or destroyed.

....But this energy (According to Albert Einstein) can only be transformed.

So we don't really die, as in our energy or the soul ceasing to exist. Due to Einstein's Laws....but instead we simply move to another dimension or another Frequency of existence similar to changing the channel on your Television.

Think of it as living in a high rise building and upon "Dying" you simply move up to the next level/floor.
Everyone is still existing but simply on different levels.

I do admit that I do have a bunch of food and water and bricks of ammo stashed away in my home so that none of my loved ones might suffer due to my lack of foresight

. But all in all I don't Fear Dying because...

I refuse to waste time and energy fearing the inevitable especially since there is little if anything we can do to stop it .

It is going to happen regardless !

As they say..."Something's gonna get You.".

But I instead focus on being happy and content with who I am as a person as well as being appreciative of who I have in my life in which to enjoy it with !

....Live the life you love and Love the life you Live !

And Most of all don't dwell on the doom and gloom but instead try to SMILE and be Happy !!

Peace
edit on 16-12-2011 by nh_ee because: ...The Truth Shall Set You Free

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I have visualized my death in these scenarios multiple times in visions and dreams. Each scenario I feel it in the pit of my stomach. The fear fading as my life force fades. No fear, just peace......

BUT!!!!

When I think of my 9 and 6 year old children, the FEAR for them FACING THEIR FEAR is what kills me inside.

Like the innocent being torn from your arms, just as those who lost loved ones clinging for their lives to family members during the great Indonesian Tsunami in 2004.

Yes I have fear, fear that my children would die scared and alone and myself knowing anything can happen.....
edit on 16-12-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That is a very good film. Have you read the books it's based on? They were written by Brandon Levon, who used to post on this site. Apparently, he was murdered after releasing the second book, New World Bible The Story Of The Truth. He was found burned to death in his car. You can find some of his posts here under his name, though ATS removed many of his threads and posts from the site, especially around the time he passed on. Auto, have you read or heard of those books written by Levon? I'd be curious to hear your take on them

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Our survival and/or future has never been guaranteed, not now..now 1000 years ago...not 30,000 years ago. In the disposable society/world we live in now people talk about disposing our planet cause of too many problems. Instead of working on things (which earlier generations did) they want to ascend or escape or wait for it all to end. Too many rather just bail than fix things. I don't know where things are headed but think its safe to say as those alive today we're not nearly as strong as those who went before. They at least tried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join