It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA authorizes the Pentagon to wage war on the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Congress Authorizes Pentagon to Wage Internet War

The ancient art of war is coming to the internet.

The House and Senate agreed to give the U.S. military the power to conduct “offensive” strikes online — including clandestine attacks, via a little-noticed provision in the military’s 2012 funding bill.

Congress affirms that the Department of Defense has the capability, and upon direction by the President may conduct offensive operations in cyberspace to defend our Nation, Allies and interests, subject to–
(1) the policy principles and legal regimes that the Department follows for kinetic capabilities, including the law of armed conflict; and
(2) the War Powers Resolution (50 U.S.C. 1541 et seq.).

While “offensive” action isn’t defined, that’s likely to include things like unleashing a worm like the Stuxnet worm that damaged Iran’s nuclear centrifuges, hacking into another country’s power grid to bring it down, disabling websites via denial-of-service attacks, or as the CIA has already done with some collateral damage, hacking into a forum where would-be terrorists meet in order to permanently disable it.

And what we have seen the Chinese doing, spying on networks, isn't an act of war.

Basically congress just gave the Pentagon a mandate for war against anyone...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting post. I wonder whether this is just a flexing of the muscles - a statement of intent to others to let them know the will is there...or the groundworks for an event in the near future.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the agenda is now clear
america, the world and all its countries and the internet are now battle fields,
this is battle field earth.

they must be planning a war on some one.........

i wounder who will be first?
when they came for the jews i said nothing.........
then they came for the bloggers and realized we are ALL bloggers.

this is why i support piecful lawful protests,
because they cannot take us a ALL if we are united.

your govenment will now inact an excuse to invoke more war powers and claim anyone who disagrees with detention is a terrorist and detatin them.

out of control govenment requires powers that it agreed are illegal
constitution of the united states of america
bill of rights
human rights convention
geneva convention

and internet protections agreements

so much for a free society,
free to be imprisioned in the land of the battle field

that is now the usa and the world
\
xploder

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
we all knew it was coming, paranoid countries will start dropping off the grid like flys in the zapper.

Internet will become many intranets, the possibilitys of how a devided internet will develop and the securitys in place are anyones guess.

Perhaps needing a license like gun or car licenses to use certian zones etc, sounds sort of cool in a bad way.

Internet Bureaucracy Begins.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The current admin is very committed to legalizing practices which have been until clandestine so as to make them the norm or accepted. It seems every new law created lately is created with war on some group or another in mind. I much prefer Ron Pauls philosophy of treat people with mutual respect.

I think one must always be prepared to defend ones people yet the current war for profit which has gone on for the last decade has only benefited certain families and corporation shareholders not the people in general. By creating a generic boogyman one can use fear to catalyze acceptance for the loss of Freedom which was fought for by our forefathers.

Education-speak out- Stay- peaceful-spread hope and unity-name and shame those who are really attacking our freedoms and spreading Terror. Hate and projecting hate only creates more hate and fear. Transcendent forgiveness frees the soul and love heals all wounds. Though scars remain they can be held as medals of honour for standing for your ideals. Not hollow but permanent reminders of your conviction and support of the values of liberty and freedom. Not fear and slavery.

The puppet masters have accelerated their war on good people everywhere like parasites they use fear and hate as tools. Cut the strings live love and stand for the truth. Care for your brother.
edit on 15-12-2011 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So what will we call the World Wide Web when at one point it could not in fact be world wide?

A lot of these recent things going through congress is creeping me out a bit.

Let them come I say. United we are.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

Let them come I say. United we are.
No, we're not.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Interesting post. I wonder whether this is just a flexing of the muscles - a statement of intent to others to let them know the will is there...or the groundworks for an event in the near future.

They've been trying to stuff a sock in my mouth for years through intimidation using the internet and various other means. Even took out two TVs via my webtv and a computer. Nasty little bastards if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Really?

How do you know its 'them' though? (I assume you mean TPTB or US Gov)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
reply to post by shushu

Really?

How do you know its 'them' though? (I assume you mean TPTB or US Gov)

I know that it's someone who likes to abuse their power... who has access to alot of different types of services and people willing to follow orders... and do their dirty work for them. He/she is also guilty of eliminating these people to cover his/her trail. The lowest of lows in the animal kingdom.

new topics

top topics

join