It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother says "you're all gonna die when I am 15"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

Greetings from Norway!

This will, as you'll can see my very first thread here on ATS after being a lurker for about a year now.

Mostly I am just reading & trying to educate myself on all the mysteries going on in the world, and frankly I have never had any important info/news to share with you guys, until today. I would not say it is important for the world to know, but I would appreciate to get some thoughts on what my brother told me today.

Here it goes;

After being away for 2 months I came home to my family today. My mom and dad was sitting upstairs in the living room while i was downstairs making some snacks for me and my brother who is 6 years old. He was sitting in the downstairs hall playing angry birds while i was in the kitchen. And out of the blue (while busy with his angry birds) he said to me "you're gonna die when i am 15". I went to him laughing and said "that is not true, who told you that, and who are gonna die?" him: (with a serious face) "mom told me, and you're all gonna die". I again said that it was nonsense and said no one will die.

I asked my mom about it later, and she said she would never (of course) tell my brother that "we" are gonna die when he is 15 and took it very seriously and at the same time got a little upset. To make sure, i asked her again if by any chance she could have said it as a "joke" or something similar, but she said "of course i would never even go close to such a topic with your little brother". I thought "OK, i am sure it's something he got from his friends in kindergarden", but I find it so weird and couldn't stop thinking about it.

It can be nothing, but it also can be something. Now, what i find strange is that he mentioned that my mom said it to him while she clearly did not. (?) I don't know what he meant by "we", if its the family or on a bigger scale.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Welcome to the board.

Thats a little disturbing but kids DO SAY weird things and ask questions way before their years, so if this is a one off, weird moment, probably nothing to worry about, but seeking advice from a child psychologist would be the best way to be sure if it you suspect any seriousness.

I hope you enjoy your stay here on ATS

edit on 15-12-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello there, welcome!

That's a very interesting story - though I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. Kids often embellish things they have heard, or variations of it.

Is it possible that he dreamt your mum saying this? It would explain the situation - I've had dreams before that have been so vivid i've even questioned myself!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pcbph

Hello pcbph and welcome to ATS..wow that is an interesting story, I wonder if it's possible you could question him a little further and get a few more details of why he thinks all of this.

Maybe something like when did Mom tell you this? Where were you when she said it, who else heard Mom say this? any details that you add to try and see if he is telling the truth or perhaps he dreamed it..or as your Mom said heard it at school and wondered if he could get attention by repeating it at home.

Lying that is probably not a serious problem: Young children (ages 4-5) often make up stories and tell tall tales. This is normal activity because they enjoy hearing stories and making up stories for fun. These young children may blur the distinction between reality and fantasy.
www.aacap.org...

I think I would want to know what exactly he remembers about the day she said it..what was mom wearing..what time of day was it? or if he cant gauge the time..maybe what television shows were playing when she said this..I would also want to know her exact words to him.

I do think it's important to break this story down bit by bit..because it's a very scary thought for a child that when he hits a certain age everyone is going to die. I would want to get to the bottom of it..find out if he believes it and why he believes it..and debunk it and help him put this story to rest in his mind..now if he is fabricating it..which isn't unusual for kids..you might want to keep a close eye or ear on these tales..here is what the American Academy of Child Adolescent Psychiatry have to say on this topic.

What to do if a Child or Adolescent lies: Parents are the most important role models for their children. When a child or adolescent lies, parents should take some time to have a serious talk and discuss:

* the difference between make believe and reality, lying and telling the truth,
* the importance of honesty at home and in the community, and
* alternatives to lying.

If a child or adolescent develops a pattern of lying which is serious and repetitive, then professional help may be indicated. Evaluation by a child and adolescent psychiatrist would help the child and parents understand the lying behavior and would also provide recommendations for the future.
www.aacap.org...

I hope you enjoy your time here with us on ATS..let us know how the story ends..Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Could have been a vivid dream. He may not be able to differentiate between this and reality, as it would of seemed real to him.

I think you'll be fine. Little kids always say weird things. I remember my little sister saying out of the blue, you're running out of time. That was strange. But little kids have wild imaginations.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Found on a forum
"Yes babies dream, most of their sleep is REM. But their dreams are unlike those of adults. The content contains only visual/auditory fragments until the nervous system has sufficient maturity/experience to perceive an object as the same object regardless of orientation. The baby fails to remember beyond a few moments any dream or waking experience until the language system is suffiently developed to enable time tagging. This usually occurs between 3-5 year's old."

So at the age of 6 with enough preception and information to play with, it would seem right that dreams to do with more complicated human emotions like fear will start to develop, seens perfeclty in line with the dream confusion analasis.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
MAybe be he has something against you, or is planning an attack, maybe he sees the tribulation? Phsychologist?

Well, to ease your mind when I was a teenager I wanted to kill at least a 1/4 of the population, not because of anger, but because I was an hormonal teen.

My advice: Go slap him around a bit with big brotherly love, and tell him otherwise, JK, but seriously!

Sure he wasn't playing DOOM, or some Blk Ops game before he clicked to Angry birds?

Good luck, and Much Love

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well my first thought was maybe your mom was told that by someone who claimed to be able to see the future. I had a friend whose mother was a nurse and right before one of her favorite patients died she told her 'when your daughter moves out you will die.' Her mother took that very seriously......until my friend moved out and nothing happened. But since your mother said she didnt tell him that, he probably made it up. I dont think this is disturbing or a red flag that he needs to see a psychologist just yet. In a few years if he clings to this story and exhibits any abnormal behaviors such as extreme aggression etc. It might be wise to get him help just to be on the safe side.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pcbph

Obviously your brother is possessed by a Demon. He'll turn 15 in the year 2020? 20 was called the Devil by Jakob Böhme. I urge you not to take this lightly. A child saying such things out of the blue with a straight face is never a good sign.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pcbph

what I do when I have question regarding something one of my kids has said or done is talk to them.
It should work with other family members as well

edit on 15-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: I remembered! I forgot sumtin"

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staafke
reply to post by pcbph

Obviously your brother is possessed by a Demon. He'll turn 15 in the year 2020? 20 was called the Devil by Jakob Böhme. I urge you not to take this lightly. A child saying such things out of the blue with a straight face is never a good sign.

I think someones been watching one too many scary movies........

It probably means nothing, kids say weird stuff all the time. Kids are like drunk adults. Annoying and messy...
edit on 15-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dang...how long we got?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Let's not lose sight of the fact that sometimes six year olds are just....silly.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Playing. "Angry Birds"?! Come on people that says it all!!!
He was only exhibiting his frustration with the game etc. Like we all do at times playing games that frustrate us
... lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is what you do .

Scare the crap out of him , with audio recordings of monsters and what not and place it in his closet at night.

He will scream and cry for help , but you can assure him nothing is in the closet.

Then tell him a old folk story about the boy who cried wolf and the truth monster chased him

Then tell him only way to clear the monster for good is to be honest , and press him on what he was talking about.

problem solved.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I have a son that is close to that age, and he says some off the wall stuff (like when he was doing math today the number 7 used the + symbol for a hammer, the 9 used the - symbol for a sword and the = as missiles) Unless he says something like the invisible man told me or voices or the dog, I'd just shrug it off.
edit on 15-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pcbph

Cheery chap, then?

OK. line 2

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pcbph

Now when he said "you all are going to die" did he mean everyone like in the world or just in the room?
Because, to me, that makes a big difference. It's either a big deal or nothing whatsoever for me to be concerned about

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Kids do say some weird stuff and when they do (especially mine) I pay attention to it and do my best to try to figure it out. I have learned that with kids, what they say might not necessarily portray what they're thinking in a way you understand but the majority of what they say proves to come from something they've seen or heard. I find myself all the time after my little one tells me something that leaves me scratching my head discovering or seeing something later that leaves no doubt what she was talking about. There are things she has said that I never figure out (she comes up with some weird stuff) but I'm convinced even those odd ones came from something she experienced or seen either in this life or another.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Playing. "Angry Birds"?! Come on people that says it all!!!
He was only exhibiting his frustration with the game etc. Like we all do at times playing games that frustrate us
... lol

Haha, like being fragged once too often in a FPS
"YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIIIIIEEEE!!! DIE!DIE!DIE!!!" *breaks keyboard with fist**throws mouse against wall**presses powerup key on pc until it shuts down hard*

new topics

top topics

join