It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Patriots Co Founder arrested at Laguardia trying to board plane with gun!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

I love when people don't read....

He didn't break the law.. It was in a locked safe to be transported as a checked bag which is perfectly legal.

You are allowed to transport a firearm that you legally own on an airplane as long is it is a checked bag in the cargo compartment where it would be inaccessible during flight..

They think a city ordinance (not state law btw) supersedes federal mandate.. Do you?

You seem to be talking yourself blue in the face but at the end of the day this man followed proper procedure and was well within his rights.
edit on 16-12-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

New York is one of he infamous "gotcha" states when it comes to gun laws.
So, with that being said.
The City law was broken.
He should have reviewed one of the numerous gun rights websites, but he did not.

Should the discussion now turn to Gun laws of the city being unlawful?
Or, stay on topic and show out right Immaculated incorrectly stated numerous times what happened?

I say stay on topic.

I think you are just looking for a way to cloak what is acutally on topic.
This TEA Party patriot got arrested for breaking the law.
All his minions run to claim the law is unjust.
All their post histories show any liberal, lefty, democrat that has ever been arrested for anything had it coming in their eyes but this poor guy just got caught by a bad law.

Transparent much?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

That is what you are insinuating that you have a right to board a plane with a gun,

Explain why is he facing 15 yrs instead of a slap on the wrist? What was dude trying to hide?

Again, WTF?? Honestly.

Yes, he was trying to get on a flight. The local law requires to have a local firearm license.
Has nothing to do with the Federal Laws surrounding the firearms on board an aircraft.

As for 15 years?
I failed to see where he was charged, had his initial appearance, and the trail was concluded with a guilty verdict.
You have failed at every step in this.

The charge comes with a Maximum of 15 years and/or monetary fine.

There has been to verdict handed down from either a bench or jury trial.

And hiding what? What are you talking about?

And yes, you are allowed to have a firearm, in your checked baggage on a commercial aircraft.
GET a CLUE.
Please.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by DaMod

I love when people don't read....

He didn't break the law.. It was in a locked safe to be transported as a checked bag which is perfectly legal.

You are allowed to transport a firearm that you legally own on an airplane as long is it is a checked bag in the cargo compartment where it would be inaccessible during flight..

They think a city ordinance (not state law btw) supersedes federal mandate.. Do you?

You seem to be talking yourself blue in the face but at the end of the day this man followed proper procedure and was well within his rights.
edit on 16-12-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

New York is one of he infamous "gotcha" states when it comes to gun laws.
So, with that being said.
The City law was broken.
He should have reviewed one of the numerous gun rights websites, but he did not.

Should the discussion now turn to Gun laws of the city being unlawful?
Or, stay on topic and show out right Immaculated incorrectly stated numerous times what happened?

I say stay on topic.

I think you are just looking for a way to cloak what is acutally on topic.
This TEA Party patriot got arrested for breaking the law.
All his minions run to claim the law is unjust.
All their post histories show any liberal, lefty, democrat that has ever been arrested for anything had it coming in their eyes but this poor guy just got caught by a bad law.

Transparent much?

Aside from a person here posting that the law is unjust, what else do you have?

Cloak what? That people don't agree with the law, he was charged with?
Yes, the law is one of the many ridiculous laws that NY has. Just another reason to never go to nor live there.
But, he broke the local law.
So, now HE goes through the legal process for it.

edit on 17-12-2011 by macman because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

A quote from the link you provided.

He showed agents a California-issued gun permit to carry the firearm, but failed to show a New York State permit for the weapon.

Please, instead of just going with the title and thinking you scored, why not actually read your own link.

edit on 17-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

He's facing 15 yrs in jail max and if was he was doing was ok then no jail would even be considered!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

He's facing 15 yrs in jail max and if was he was doing was ok then no jail would even be considered!

Since a judgement hasnt been handed down, how can you make that claim huh?

Same in reverse, if the case is thrown out, will you then concede that he did nothing wrong?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

He is facing up to 15 yrs max if convicted. NYC local law isn't that stringent as I've said, all NYPD had to do was run his name and social and through the intranet could find out the status of all of his licenses and permits and registrations and in the event it would've come back clean he would've been good and gotten a slap on the wrist (like a $500 fine for failing to produce the proper documentation and would've gotten his gun and ammo back no question) but the fact he was arrested tells me he has an nefarious agenda. The NYC laws are focused and are targeting the illegal guns and not the legal ones.
edit on 17-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You didnt answer the question...........

So everyone that gets arrested has a nefarious agenda?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I answered your question in the opening line to my post! To answer the second, yes or else they wouldn't've gotten arrested in the first place!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Aside from a person here posting that the law is unjust, what else do you have?

Huh? That is what you have. I have the fact that he was arrested and CHARGED. Are you asking me to make your case?

Cloak what? That people don't agree with the law, he was charged with?
Yes, the law is one of the many ridiculous laws that NY has. Just another reason to never go to nor live there.
But, he broke the local law.
So, now HE goes through the legal process for it.

edit on 17-12-2011 by macman because: Grammar

Cloak the obvious hypocrisy with so many of you and I do mean YOU. Anyone that is not one of your group that gets arrested, must be a bad person. Anyone you like gets arrested, the law is unjust.
Make me say it a few more times.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

As for 15 years?
I failed to see where he was charged, had his initial appearance, and the trail was concluded with a guilty verdict.

You just answered your own question and explained to yourself how he is FACING 15 years.
Spinning so much got you dizzy?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I answered your question in the opening line to my post! To answer the second, yes or else they wouldn't've gotten arrested in the first place!

I see, so no one is ever arrested under false premise, or innocently then huh?

Ill remember this statement..........I guess all your OWS people you supported who were arrested had nefarious plans hmmm? Or does it only apply to people YOU deem to be breaking the law?

If this is a case then what do we need courts for! just lock everyone away!

Sorry.........but you have no idea what you are talking about...........and this conversation is futile, as anyone who has debated you can attest to

You can make up your own ideas, but you cant make up your own facts
edit on 18-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I see, so no one is ever arrested under false premise, or innocently then huh?

Of course they do but if you read ATS you will quickly find that only ever happense to Republicans. Apparently when anyone else gets arrested, they should also be beaten.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You forgot to add tasered, pepper sprayed and gassed with tear gas and be shot with rubber bullets!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

OWS are fighting the very elements who are bankrolling both the Dems and GOP'rs! Either stand with OWs or you stand with The SCUM, no third option.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

He is facing up to 15 yrs max if convicted. NYC local law isn't that stringent as I've said, all NYPD had to do was run his name and social and through the intranet could find out the status of all of his licenses and permits and registrations and in the event it would've come back clean he would've been good and gotten a slap on the wrist (like a $500 fine for failing to produce the proper documentation and would've gotten his gun and ammo back no question) but the fact he was arrested tells me he has an nefarious agenda. The NYC laws are focused and are targeting the illegal guns and not the legal ones.

On the Intranet huh? Clueless at every step.

I think you mean run an NICS for wants/warrants, run a BATF on the firearm and contact CA for confirmation of the Firearms license.

Again, for like the thousandth time, he was arrested for the violation of local law, it states it in the link YOU provided.

And what nefarious agenda is it? Please, provide some kind of truth or evidence.
Otherwise it is just BS from a basement dwelling Immaculated.

edit on 18-12-2011 by macman because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Huh? That is what you have. I have the fact that he was arrested and CHARGED. Are you asking me to make your case?

You stated that his minions are out in force trying to make excuses. Please provide this.

Cloak the obvious hypocrisy with so many of you and I do mean YOU. Anyone that is not one of your group that gets arrested, must be a bad person. Anyone you like gets arrested, the law is unjust.
Make me say it a few more times.

What hypocrisy? Before you come off as more foolish then Immaculated, why not go back and read my post.
Never said he had an excuse.
edit on 18-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

As for 15 years?

You just answered your own question and explained to yourself how he is FACING 15 years.
Spinning so much got you dizzy?

Spinning what?
Are you Immaculated?

The charge has a MAXIMUM sentence of 15 years.

I have yet to see the verdict handed down either.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

OWS are fighting the very elements who are bankrolling both the Dems and GOP'rs! Either stand with OWs or you stand with The SCUM, no third option.

SO you turn this thread into a OWS statement?
Make up your mind.
Is it an issue with a Tea Party member?
An issue with Firearms?
An issue with local laws OR an issue with OWS.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

yeah thats what I thought, I didnt think youd answer the question......

Good job exposing yourself

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join